N-Europe

Pokémon Black & White

Serebii

So I've also done a U-Tur, airwing style about this game. Well, maybe more an r turn, I still think it's a shoddy amount of progression in the last ten years but at least I'm enjoying the game now.

DANS TEAM

110px-522Blitzle.pngtimburr.jpgpetilil.jpgdewott.jpgpansear.jpg

Not a huge fan of pansear / the monkeys.

Beat the first two I gyms I think. Big love for the 3d bits!

Gave up on Purrlion about level ten. It is lame!

Vanillite <3

I've managed to capture one with a bold nature and IV's around 25 for HP, defense and special defense. Love it.

Also i was SO excited to train a kling/klang/klingklang, but jeez it has NO physical moves :(

Edit: I suggest we give everyone a month and then have a n-europe tourny?

Gave up on Purrlion about level ten. It is lame!

I did too until I got the EXP. Share, now it's a Liepard and it still pretty much blows.

Current squad:

pignite.jpgHatoopo.pngblitzle-detail.png

Pretty much it. Not sure if I want to keep Liepard just yet. I need one good water/psychic mon. Not sure on what the sixth will be. Maybe metal.

Victini was just a bit easy to catch, one great ball.

Lucky fuck. I wasted all of my balls and had to knock it out and go buy more.

How do you get Victini?

You need to download the Liberty Pass, grab a ship from Castelliathingy City, smack the shit out of some Plasma Grunts then try to catch Victini.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Fuck yeah. Victini is a little bitch. Minimum health, minimum accuracy, minimum defence and asleep and it still took like 15 poke balls, 10 great balls, 3 heal balls and an ultra ball to get him. Little bastard. (Got him in a great ball in the end)

Rez, you suck man. One ultra ball here. I AM THE POKEMANS MASTER.

Current progress:

7 badges, 20 hours.

You got very lucky. Victini has the lowest capture rate; 3/255

Wait, seriously??! I got that thing in one ultra ball..

I caught Victini earlier in a normal Poké Ball. It used Endure, so I got it down to 1HP, managed to use Munna to put it to sleep, and a few balls later, it was mine. Sounds like I got lucky. :heh:

Now THAT is lucky!

Epic fail on my behalf.

Managed to get Purrlion to lvl 20 and evolved so switch it out for Blitzle but decided I'd take on the second gym leader rather than levelling it up past 12, thinking it'd be a walk over with all my pokemon at lvl 18. Take Down from her Herdier and Retaliate decimated my team. Luckily, Dewott nailed Watchdog with Razor Shell to win :yay:

A sigh of relief was let out only to be replaced with annoyance when I left Nacrene City (or whatever it's called) and headed west to Pinwheel Forest and found Timburr, Throh and Tympole! Why the hell did I not head west when I was levelling. The first two there would have wiped through the second gym leader easily but instead, I spend too long on the Striaton side trying to find Audinos :nono:

Lesson learnt for next time :p Wish there was a better fire type available at the moment though. Got Pansear but would like something a bit.... better and I doubt Pinwheel will have anything to replace it.

edit: Also now really wishing I had Black as Reshiram looks much better than Zekrom. Don't really want to buy both games though...

Edited by Ganepark32

Why the hell did I not head west when I was levelling.

There is a NPC who tells you that there are fighting type pokémon to the west :indeed:

Although I don't blame you, since usually you aren't expected, or are unable, to continue past the town if you haven't beaten the gym.

Epic fail on my behalf.

Managed to get Purrlion to lvl 20 and evolved so switch it out for Blitzle but decided I'd take on the second gym leader rather than levelling it up past 12, thinking it'd be a walk over with all my pokemon at lvl 18. Take Down from her Herdier and Retaliate decimated my team. Luckily, Dewott nailed Watchdog with Razor Shell to win :yay:

A sigh of relief was let out only to be replaced with annoyance when I left Nacrene City (or whatever it's called) and headed west to Pinwheel Forest and found Timburr, Throh and Tympole! Why the hell did I not head west when I was levelling. The first two there would have wiped through the second gym leader easily but instead, I spend too long on the Striaton side trying to find Audinos :nono:

Lesson learnt for next time :p Wish there was a better fire type available at the moment though. Got Pansear but would like something a bit.... better and I doubt Pinwheel will have anything to replace it.

edit: Also now really wishing I had Black as Reshiram looks much better than Zekrom. Don't really want to buy both games though...

There are some epic fire types in this game, makes me wish I didn't pick Tepig tbh :/ There's a certain ghost/fire type later on which you must nab...

I caught Victini earlier in a normal Poké Ball. It used Endure, so I got it down to 1HP, managed to use Munna to put it to sleep, and a few balls later, it was mine. Sounds like I got lucky. :heh:

Munna? Oh man, come on. Thought you were cool.

------

I'll probably ditch Tepig eventually for either the ghost or...other one.

Finally evolved pussy bitch and Patrat so they both left my squad. My current squad, all 23;

499.png512.png551.png520.png

Anyone got any shinies yet?

I can't get online :'( DS FAIL!!!

I suppose I should just wait until I have a nice shiny 3DS AKA my Pokemon and Ocarina of Time player :D

There is a NPC who tells you that there are fighting type pokémon to the west :indeed:

Although I don't blame you, since usually you aren't expected, or are unable, to continue past the town if you haven't beaten the gym.

haha, yeah I found that NPC pretty much after I headed west out of the city.

I do go around and speak to all of the NPCs just to make sure I don't miss anything important, and I do tend to explore all of each area as much as I can which the current HM moves but for some reason didn't see the need to go west as I thought it'd be heading to the next area and have no relevance to Nacrene. ::shrug: It's done anyway. Just would have preferred it a little easier mind.

I blame the defence stats of the Pokemon rather than my skill :P. Patrat, Herdier and Pansear have pretty poor defensive stats. Seems to be common with the starting area pokemon this generation, as if they're purposefully wanting us to consider changing up our team as we progress. The cheek of it :laughing:.

plx trade?

509.png

Haha I think we all agree that purrloin sucks :p I almost killed my shiny with one quick attack when I caught it... Needs better defense stats. I'll throw iron at it later when I have more than two badges.

Who's the most popular starter? I usually pick water but hated the look of oshawott, maybe I should have seen what it would become at the end... I'm happy with snivy anyway. Fast.

Haha I think we all agree that purrloin sucks :p I almost killed my shiny with one quick attack when I caught it... Needs better defense stats. I'll throw iron at it later when I have more than two badges.

Who's the most popular starter? I usually pick water but hated the look of oshawott, maybe I should have seen what it would become at the end... I'm happy with snivy anyway. Fast.

Oh no man, Purrloin is awesome now! Didn't you hear. :P

That's due to the fact the DS Lite can't handle WPA

DSi and 3DS can? Well, the WEP should still work, since that's what it says on the box...even works with my Wii. Like what the fubbles, they trying to make me buy a newer model? :D A modem would actually be much cheaper...

Anyone here getting online with a DS Lite? What's your setup? Mine's just a normal ADSL-modem with a wireless option as well...

As for the game itself, decided to pick up Black after all, and with the guide as always :) First badge done, and finally managed to catch a Blitzy with Lightningrod and a Pidov with Super Luck. Hence ditching my starter Tehpig and the Grassy Monkey-man...playing Platinum without the starters was fun, so repeating that. Munna is for backup, the flowery derriere is really something... o_O

Edited by Ville