N-Europe

Pokémon Black & White

Serebii

^To be fair it was all about the images. I mean the names are still there.

The fact is it does make a reasonable amount of sense. Nintendo does know that people put a huge amount of focus on Pokemon designs and it's possible they'd rather draw away from that fact if they feel it's generating negative press.

It could be they think that if less sites have the images available, more people will buy the game based more on whether it receives good critical reception than whether or not they like the look of the Pokemon images (for example, I admit I'm someone that's slightly swayed because I feel the majority of them look like shit, where as I felt quite positive about Diamond and Pearl's designs).

I dont know, it's obviously all still a bit silly, but I can still understand potential reasoning.

Japan Sales - Sept: 13 - 19

01. / 00. [NDS] Pokemon Black / White (Pokemon Co.) - 2.557.779 / NEW

02. / 00. [PS3] Front Mission: Evolved (Square Enix) - 51.084 / NEW

03. / 00. [PSP] Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 5 (Konami) - 45.879 / NEW

04. / 00. [360] Halo: Reach (Microsoft Game Studios) - 44.413 / NEW

05. / 03. [WII] Wii Party (Nintendo) - 36.547 / 997.025 (-19%)

Edited by Dante

It could be they think that if less sites have the images available, more people will buy the game based more on whether it receives good critical reception than whether or not they like the look of the Pokemon images

It just sold two-point-five meeeellion copies.

Nintendo are getting greedier.

The thing that irks me is I'm getting conflicting info

Nintendo is taking down youtube vids featuing Black & White gameplay

The lawyer told me I can post publically revealed images under fair use (so anything from the game) but told WPM that Nintendo doesn't want any images whatsoever posted.

Kotaku got told that the C&D was only for the confidential images (the ones Pokexperto posted and I reposted in good faith)

• 3 weeks later...

# A new WiFi Event has been announced in CoroCoro: Pokémon Kumasyun. Will be given over WiFi from October 22nd 2010 to November 29th 2010. It has nothing special but is given away due to its rarity, being very rare outside of Winter.

This is Kumasyun;

613.png

# In addition to this, we now know of a new Global Link event through CoroCoro. Get a Global Link Croagunk with the ability Poison Hand. This Global Link event requires a password and will be available for download from October 20th 2010 to November 19th 2010.

• 2 weeks later...

I just gave a look at all the new Pokemon. None stuck out to me really. The designs get a bit tired and further and further from the classic feel each gen. I liked that Dream-eater one, the kinda pink floating one with smoke coming out of it.

Such a missed opportunity with the starter types though. Again it's Fire/Fighting? And the others are just single type? I loved that in the last gens they were a mix. Added so much. Even if the otter one was Water/Ice or something. And the grass snake one Grass/Poison.

I just gave a look at all the new Pokemon. None stuck out to me really. The designs get a bit tired and further and further from the classic feel each gen. I liked that Dream-eater one, the kinda pink floating one with smoke coming out of it.

Such a missed opportunity with the starter types though. Again it's Fire/Fighting? And the others are just single type? I loved that in the last gens they were a mix. Added so much. Even if the otter one was Water/Ice or something. And the grass snake one Grass/Poison.

That complaint though, if the generations were flipped, people would be saying the same about the Gen I ones

Man arrested for leaking photo's of new Pokemon

He apparently uploaded 6 pictures of new Pokemon on the 1st of September that were due to be revealed in the magazine..

Why are companies acting so harsh lately? It's uncertain who's launched the charges, whether it's Nintendo or the CoroCoro publisher, but either way nothing this guy did was going to harm them in any way. As long as he didn't scan the whole bloody magazine and distributed it for free over the internet, I fail to see the problem with some mobile phone pictures of the new Pokemon.. jeez

He posted these ones;

tsutaevo.jpgpokaevo.jpgmijuevo.jpg

They weren't from a magazine but actually concept art from inside the company. That's why he was arrested. He revealed insider images long before they were revealed. While Janovy, Chaobuu & Futachimaru were revealed in that issue of CoroCoro, Jalorda, Enbuoh and Daikenki were not in this. The developers continually say how important the starters are and they always like them to be a surprise.

I guess you're right about the starter being a surprise thing..

After all, I was surprised at the lack of creativity towards the Fire starter being Fighting type again >___>

I didn't realise they were the insider pictures, I wonder how the hell he managed to get them

Well, back in May, someone postyed loads of info which we ignored which had stuff like

Team Plasma

Rotation Battles

Triple Battles

Rotations prominent in Black but Triples in White

Miracle Shooter

Professor Araragi

and more

Came from a mobile phone in the same area