Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Last Story (24th February)

killer kirby

Indeed, the second shipment was there. They just didn't buy it. I expected 40-50k this week. I'm still surprised by the big drop.

I ain't. Like I said over and over again now. Japanese people are just not interested in these types of games. Even Final Fantasy is feeling the pressure with FFXIII being the worst selling FF game in Japan for a long while.

Japanese home console market is dying. It's all about portable.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to have somewhat of a confirmation now, for peace of mind if anything. But this will be one of the main titles they'll be pushing.

Frankly speaking, 3 forms of Zelda, awesome RPG goodness and mass 3DS-age makes 2011 a great year for gaming!

I was thinking the same thing and I wouldn't be surprised if it actually happened.

I sincerely hope Nintendo doesn't do that. The backlash would be huge. And as much as I want Xenoblade (because of Monolith Soft having done Baten Kaitos and other Xeno games), I'd much rather try The Last Story for it's battle mechanics.

They shouldn't anyway as Xenoblade Chronicles does have it's US website registered, so it does look like it's getting a release in the US. Wouldn't be surprised to see an NoE website pop up in a few weeks/months based on how they tend to announce games these days.

I sincerely hope Nintendo doesn't do that. The backlash would be huge. And as much as I want Xenoblade (because of Monolith Soft having done Baten Kaitos and other Xeno games), I'd much rather try The Last Story for it's battle mechanics.

They shouldn't anyway as Xenoblade Chronicles does have it's US website registered, so it does look like it's getting a release in the US. Wouldn't be surprised to see an NoE website pop up in a few weeks/months based on how they tend to announce games these days.

If Last Story gets a release ANYWHERE in the world, with even so much as English subtitles, i'll be satisfied.

If Last Story gets a release ANYWHERE in the world, with even so much as English subtitles, i'll be satisfied.

I'd be satisfied if the Wii wasn't bloody region locked.

And no i'm not buying an NTSC Wii, I don't have room!

Really hoping both Xenoblade and The Last Story get European releases, but with the DS' track record with rpgs I won't hold my breath.

I'd be satisfied if the Wii wasn't bloody region locked.

And no i'm not buying an NTSC Wii, I don't have room!

*cough*homebrew channel*cough*

(but yes i'd also prefer to see an official EUR release).

Really hoping both Xenoblade and The Last Story get European releases, but with the DS' track record with rpgs I won't hold my breath.

On a related note: Lufia: Curse Of The Sinistrals is ace. Highly recommended if you're up for an import (got mine from play-asia).

*cough*homebrew channel*cough*

(but yes i'd also prefer to see an official EUR release).

On a related note: Lufia: Curse Of The Sinistrals is ace. Highly recommended if you're up for an import (got mine from play-asia).

I should've mentioned that I do know about homebrew I just don't do it, for some reason, nothing against it.

At the risk of looking hypocritical, whilst I don't intend to buy an NTSC Wii...I do actually have an NTSC SNES, so i can import the original, although I have heard good things about the DS remake!

I should've mentioned that I do know about homebrew I just don't do it, for some reason, nothing against it.

At the risk of looking hypocritical, whilst I don't intend to buy an NTSC Wii...I do actually have an NTSC SNES, so i can import the original, although I have heard good things about the DS remake!

The DS one's not really a remake, and the part i love (which i'm sure has many RPG fans screaming in anger) is that they've replaced the menu/turn driven combat with hack 'n slash action.

• 1 month later...

Rumor: The Last Story is Coming to Europe

Our James McWhirter from over at the 3DS Tribe has some juicy gossip for us straight from the London MCM. Upon questioning the Nintendo representatives there this weekend, James was able to learn that we can expect to see The Last Story (Wii) released in Europe! It’s nice to see them change their minds about not releasing it here.

Let’s hope that we’ll see Pandora’s Tower released in Europe too.

http://www.livewii.fr/news/157432-Sakaguchi_confirme_The_Last_Story_en_Europe

Confirmed?

I put the story through the google translator and got this.

Good news never comes alone, after the ticket here on Xenoblade Chronicles, we go on to another big RPG on the Wii in recent months, namely The Last Story supervised by Hironobu Sakaguchi himself. If he did not have the same privileges of rave reviews about it, the RPG from Mistwalker has nevertheless managed to unite a lot of people thanks to its intrinsic qualities and skills of the creator.

Grosse given so far in the unknown, the European release has been implicitly confirmed by Sakaguchi himself Gameblog our colleagues on the occasion of his recent visit to Paris. Indeed, if you follow the Sieur via Twitter, you probably know that he recently offered a short trip in the French capital and he was pleased to photograph a little everything crossed. But this is not the subject since the confirmation of the location from the creator of jeui itself, there remains now little room for doubt.

It also joins us our sources indicated that the location of the game would begin after those Xenoblade Chronicles and Dragon Quest VI completed and that a possible release early 2012 was possible, priority year-end is a link and Skyward Sword.

Suffice to say that the news of the Wii started well and that their week ascension good news is surely to be expected, E3 is fast approaching.

• 4 weeks later...

The US is kicking off over Xenoblade and the French Nintendo Director decides to rub salt into their wounds.

Coming from Ludovic Lamouroux, Nintendo France Product Director...

"Xenoblade will arrive in September on Wii, like The Last Story in 2012."

Well, you can't get any more direct than that. Now it's time for your move, Nintendo of America!

Edited by Hero-of-Time

• 4 months later...

Rumour: The Last Story renamed The Last World for the release in Europe on February 24

After various evidences about its arrival in Europe such as the inclusion in the Nintendo line-up announced during the 2011 GamesCom, and a playable and localised demo in Vienna Game City, some interesting rumors about The Last Story have surfaced in the last hours, and that’s something you cannot really expect. First and foremost, the release date: February 24 seems the day chosen by Nintendo of Europe to launch in our stores the last effort of Final Fantasy creator and award-winning designer Hironobu Sakaguchi; secondly, the name: it seems that The Last World will be the title which will appear on the cover instead of the one we all know.

Other news concerning Nintendo games out next year are spreading all over the web: Fortune Street, the Wii board game featuring characters from two of the biggest video game series, has been set for a release on January 5, and it will be renamed Boom Street as some rumors on an Australian forum pointed out some months ago. Moreover, one of the many DS sleeper hits will see the arrival of a (already available in Japan) sequel: Inazuma Eleven 2 will be released at the end of January, but there are no information about how it will appear in European stores, since the original game was split into two versions: Fire and Blizzard.