Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2010

Retro_Link

That's amazing! MAJORLY tempted :D

Retro if you go I could meet you there? Also where is it?!

Yeah definately thinking about it!

It's Enstone, Oxfordshire... I'll google exactly where, but it should be within reach.

EDIT: Here we go, near Chipping-Norton, also not far from Brackley, home of Mercedes!

enstone.jpg

Also done a bit of googling on the cars they mention...

The RE30, was 1981, and driven by Alain Prost.

Dijon-1982%20Prost%20RenaultRE30B.jpg

The RE40, was 1983, also driven by Prost (lost out on the title by 2 points to Piquet)

prostin1983.jpg

The RE50, was 1984.

zold_warwick.jpg

The Benetton-Renault B195, Schumachers '95 winning car...

2315231006_7230413a0e.jpg

And the R25, was of course this beauty, Fernando's 2005 winning car...

24_Renault_JP.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's your chance to get close to the cars and see what life in F1 is really like. The day is packed full with activities, including a tour of some of the team's facilities, and you can even test your skills in the pit stop challenge. It's all designed to bring fans as close to the sport as possible by sharing the Renault F1 Team's passion for F1.

Visitors will have the chance to:

- Tour the Renault F1 Team's awarding-winning CAR Centre, (Computational Aerodynamics Research Centre), exhibition area and auditorium

- Visit the Heritage and Communication Centre where historic Renault cars, including the RE30, RE40, RE50, Benetton F1 B195, and R25 are on display

- Take part in an interactive pit stop challenge and steering wheel starting procedure simulation

- Have their photo taken in the 2010 Renault F1 Team car

- Meet some of the team's experienced mechanics

- Get behind the wheel of the computer simulator and take control of the Renault F1 car

- Test your reaction skills on the Renault F1 Team's BATAK machine

- Inspect some of the team's historic trophies and famous memorabilia

- Visit the Renault F1 Team's merchandise shop to purchase gifts for friends and family

Time slots available per day are; 9:00am, 11:00am, 1:00pm or 3:00pm.

When you make your online booking we will do our best to ensure you are booked on your first choice time slot however this is subject to change as tours will be allocated on a first - come first - served basis

Sweet! :D

I'm a bit confused as to the time slots... 9.00, 11.00, 1.00, 3.00... do you think you get the whole day there to look around but these are the times you can be shown round the factory, or do you have to turn up for your visit at one of these times and you just get a few hours there?

Edited by Retro_Link

I think we should have a mini N-E meet there one day :p

N-e represent!

I do find it funny how there's only about 5 or 6 of us actually posting in this thread :heh: Everyone else doesn't know what they're missing, it's been a fascinating season so far.

I hope everyone here gets F1 2010 on the 360!!

Great race last weekend. Felt sorry for Vettel. His face and actions on the podium were great as awkward as it was to watch I couldn't help but laugh at him.

He has it hard. Felt bad for Hamilton, so unlucky the car wouldn't keep him in the race even though he clearly wasn't fast enough anyway. Red Bull as just so quick.

Yeah a second hand PS3 is rather tempting, seeing as you guys are the only ones I know interested in F1.

So guys, it's the summer break. We've got 5 drivers within ONE win of each other, Lewis is just trailing the underdog Webber who has shockingly won more than anyone else this season, with Jenson just behind. Mclaren seem to be slipping back just a bit whilst Ferrari seem to be closing in on Red Bull, who like Mclaren are eventually going to have to back one driver.

Alonso was far behind after an unlucky season (with the occasional mistake) but is clawing his way back into it.

My question is: Who do YOU want to win the title and why? Personally, I would love for Alonso or Webber to win it. Webber is a true gentleman and a top racer who always seems to have pushed the rubbish cars he was in to their limit, it's a shame he joined Williams in 2005 and not Renault because he could've got some race wins sooner. His form this year has been brilliant and I'm very impressed with his attitude towards his racing. He may not have the qualy pace that Vettel has but his race pace, as proved in Hungary, is spot on. Alonso just speaks for himself, he has been fantastic this season. Kimi won his first race for Ferrari and then took the title, it'd be great if Alonso could match it.

Fuck Vettel. He acts like a spoilt brat and i've had enough of his finger wagging after qualifying! Jenson to me has no chance, Lewis has easily outdone him for the last few races, esp on Saturday.

I'll be hoping for an Alonso win overall, having supported him since f3000 back in the days when i had time to follow pretty much every form of motorsport. If he can't manage it then I'd really like to see Webber win, I've always liked him, not sure why he seems to be so underrated.

As long as McLaren don't win anything it can't be too bad.

Well I'm a dyed in the wool Hamilton fan, so obviously I'd be delighted to see him take his second though I wouldn't mind to much if Button took the double for Britain. I think I'd also quite like to see Webber take the crown, for the novelty of a new Australian F1 champ after thirty years and I can't imagine he'll have many more chances left to do so.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!