NEurope
or else you will DIE

Rage Against The Machine Xmas No. 1 2009

Love it!

Also, they've played about 20 seconds of Joe's version of The Climb and already it is a hell of a lot worse than the original... which wasn't exactly great to begin with!

He didn't even deserve to win the show

I love the irony laced within the lyrics of Joes song.

Ye think Cowell might come out with something like that?

"Yeah we didn't get to number 1, but it's not about being the best. It's 'the climb'."

Poor chap.

I can only imagine how he's feeling right now :(

...but on the positive, it shows that it IS possible that song that isn't made by X Factor can get to Christmas Number 1 and I'm glad that chain has broken now.

Maybe...just maybe...next year we can have a Christmassy number 1! It's possible!

:santa:

WE DID IT WE DID IT WE DID IT!

What an early christmas gift, shows what you can do when you put your heads together and work towards a goal. Fantastic :) Remember guys you can keep donating for shelter on the facebook group :)

Like a glorified karaoke singer probably...oh, yeah...

Possibly thinking that if people set up multiple accounts and got his song, he might be number 1.

Sadly, a casualty of war. I think he'll be back though.

I love it. I really can't believe it got to number 1. Awesome hearing it on the radio after all that rubbish I just sat through.

Internets wins! Little bit of history made this week. The power of Social Networking, the first ever download only song to reach number 1 (I think?) and a big Screw you to X factor manufactured rubbish.

And not forgetting over £65,000 raised for Shelter.

the first ever download only song to reach number 1 (I think?)

Pretty sure its not...although I have no proof.

Arguably this could be a good thing for Joe as it could make him realise he has to fight (fight,fight,fight,fight,fight - thanks Cheryl Cole) if he wants to succeed. Or in five years time he could be another nobody, who knows eh? Furthermore, who cares?

Possibly thinking that if people set up multiple accounts and got his song, he might be number 1.

Sadly, a casualty of war. I think he'll be back though.

I can imagine people have done that for him as well. But I suppose more people are sick to death of X Factor always getting number 1.

And of course he'll be back.

Hehe at BBC Radio 1. Playing a Simon Cowell clip and then playing Wizzard "I wish it could be xmas everyday"

Edited by Dante

Better still, not only is Rage Against The Machine's 'Killing In The Name' number one, it has also achieved two new chart records.

Firstly it has notched up the biggest one-week download sales total in British chart history and it has also become the first ever download only Christmas number one in the UK.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/53959/Rage-Against-The-Machine-Beat-X-Factor's-Joe-McElderry-To-Christmas-Number-One

Internet high-five!

Okay, this actually is quite awesome, simply by showing that the mainstream can be defeated. :)

And I don't think I've ever seen this amount of people in a thread! :D It was like a countdown to the new millennium or something!

So, instead of being sheep and getting X Factor Stuff, the sheep went to the Rage route and succeeded.

It really isn't that fair though as many people bought multiple instances of Rage (at least from what I can tell, I know lots of people I have on my facebook bought at least 3.

The mentality behind this entire thing has made me laugh so much. "Lets not be sheep, lets all do this instead"

Personally, I'm going to listen to Christmassy stuff and not cacky death metal