N-Europe

Goatie Time! (GOTY)

Pit-Jr

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me I think it has to be Borderlands. Although it's no A-rank title, and has many gaping flaws and the ending is hugely disappointing - it's definitely the game I've had the most fun with this year. Other than that it's been a pretty dry year... I mean I had to log in to xbox.com just to find a list of games I've played this year, because nothing's really stuck with me.

There are plenty of close runners up, Street Fighter IV and Batman Arkham Asylum were both more refined and generally better gaming experiences than Borderlands, but great sofa co-op play wins a game massive points from me and Borderlands had that in spades. Oh and then there was MW2... but I haven't actually played that more than 3 times since I queued up at Sainsbury's to get it on launch day :/

By the sounds of things, if I had a PS3, I'd be saying Uncharted 2.

2nd place (1st loser) for me goes to Street Fighter IV. With online shooters, i usually spend more time respawning than actually playing, but i loved playing SFIV online and i got hooked on those Battle Points for months.

But my top pick is Demon's Souls which had the unpleasant side effect of making me rush through the lovely, almighty Uncharted 2. Its also the reason why MW2 is still sitting on my shelf in its wrapper begging to be played. Its that good!

Killzone 2 for me. I loved Uncharted 2 but I had so much fun in the first week of KZ (well, months after too) online I have to hand it to Guerilla. I wasnt taken by the multiplayer of Among Thieves so much.

I value multiplayer above single player in many cases. If were judging single player it would be Uncharted 2.

Uncharted 2 without a doubt. I feel it has genuinely pushed forward the media in terms of storytelling and cinematics. Whack in some of the best graphics ever and some incredible set pieces and you have the Game of this generation so far.

If I was to do a top 3 it would be 2. Batman Arkham Asylum 3. Flower.

Arkham was no more than an average game. Really didnt understand the fuss. I think it was the monumental hype coupled with the fact that it wasnt complete shite.

Id say it was a poor 2009 if that game was considered one of the best. In fact this year hasnt been that outstanding overrall, what with the Q3/4 games releasing later than expected.

Arkham was no more than an average game. Really didnt understand the fuss. I think it was the monumental hype coupled with the fact that it wasnt complete shite.

Id say it was a poor 2009 if that game was considered one of the best. In fact this year hasnt been that outstanding overrall, what with the Q3/4 games releasing later than expected.

I could say the exact same about Killzone 2 really

Got to be Arkham Asylum imo; great graphics, fantastic script and a brilliant atmosphere. The scarecrow sections added a change of pace to the gameplay and the stealth sections were very good. One of the few games i've played where as soon as I finished it i put it back in and started again! That said, I haven't played MW2 or AC2 yet, and am getting NSMBwii from the other half for Xmas so that could mount a late charge ;)

Aside from the boss battles I felt it was a flawless game, the setting, the diversity of environments within this setting, the progression of skills and equipment, the rhythmic nature of the combat, the mind warping scarecrow sequences, the voice acting...the list goes on...

If a multiplayer doesnt grab me straight away so I actually want to invest time in it then I consider that a failure

That's how I feel! For me Killzone lacked something in multiplayer I mean I put enough time into it...somewhere between 10-20 hours...and it didn't do enough to convince me that I will be playing it for longer.

To be honest, I can't think of many fantastic games that aren't sequels to other games on this generation of consoles. Only The Saboteur, Borderlands and Batman Arkham Asylum stand out for me.

With regards to sequels, there's Left 4 Dead 2 and Modern Warfare 2. Although the start of next year looks better for sequels already (mainly Mass Effect and Bioshock).

For downloadable titles, there's 'Splosion Man, Shadow Complex and 1 Vs 100. All three are a lot of fun.

Edit: As for Uncharted 2, I'd love to try it but unfortunately I know nobody with a PS3.

Edited by Cube

Well I wouldnt say I was utterly hooked the first time I played it, but I knew it would get progressively better, which it did. You really have missed out if youre ignoring because of the lack of desire to spend a bit of time with it. You might say you have better things to spend time on but seeing as youre a gamer somewhat, Im surprised at your appallingly bad attitude towards such a masterpiece and complete lack of taste for the medium. If I were you Id be ashamed, Im borderline disgusted by your presence on this forum if you are as lazy as you claim. Not even borthering to put a few hours in... Talk about human abominations. joking ofc, just surprised you didnt think it was good

Well I wouldnt say I was utterly hooked the first time I played it, but I knew it would get progressively better, which it did. You really have missed out if youre ignoring because of the lack of desire to spend a bit of time with it. You might say you have better things to spend time on but seeing as youre a gamer somewhat, Im surprised at your appallingly bad attitude towards such a masterpiece and complete lack of taste for the medium. If I were you Id be ashamed, Im borderline disgusted by your presence on this forum if you are as lazy as you claim. Not even borthering to put a few hours in... Talk about human abominations. joking ofc, just surprised you didnt think it was good

Getting flashbacks to Choze's speech when I said I thought Killzone 2 was average except he wasnt joking with his

GOTY for me... Hmm I dunno. Can't say I've had the cash to buy too many games this year. Jeez, I can't even think of many I've bought that actually came out this year aside from MW2 & ODST So... let's go with MW2 as it was great in single and multiplayer. I got far too bored of ODST, the single player was a chore and the multiplayer... well I've bought all those freaking map packs already thanks.

That's how I feel! For me Killzone lacked something in multiplayer

Your skill maybe? Seemingly devoid of it whenever Ive been in the same game as you.

Getting flashbacks to Choze's speech when I said I thought Killzone 2 was average except he wasnt joking with his

I remember that time vividly. Now hes gone all pro-MW2, even after his episode of claiming MW1 was no good because it didnt properly output HD.