N-Europe

A Gift From Mario - Christmas Comic 2009!

Sprout

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note to self: save regularly, because powercuts aren't your friend. Damn snow. =P

Hopefully have another two up this evening (no promises though), but for now here's number nineteen!

MariosGift19.png

I have a top hat of my own. Not quite as magnificent as Professor Layton's, but maybe one day I'll show it off.

Also, I couldn't find Layton sprites anywhere on the interweb! I had to painfully get these out from the game myself. Twice. =P

We've hit the twenty comic mark at last! Two days late, but at least the updates are still goin' this year. =P

MariosGift20.png

It was a toss between spicy chicken and cake or fiery drumsticks in regards to what food Bowser enjoyed. Eitherway, both are a reference to Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

Yeah, I don't actually have anything interesting to say... Though I never do, really. =P

In the event that this doesn't get completed by tomorrow, updates for the last few will commence around the 28th.

In the meantime, here's comic number twenty one.

MariosGift21.png

Super Mario Bros. will turn 25 next year. I should plan something for that. =P

Edited by Sprout

As said yesterday, if I don't get any done today, the updates for the last couple of comics should resume again on December 28th.

For now, here's comic number 22! I always love numbers like this.... didn't I already say that...?

MariosGift22.png

Well my comics wouldn't be complete without a blatant Smash Bros. reference, would it? =P

Surprise!

I've got comic twenty three completified.

MariosGift23.png

If you're wondering why Luigi is in a bubble, you haven't played New Super Mario Bros. Wii in multiplayer. =P

One more comic to go!

And here's number twenty four! I'm finally caught up. =P

(Oh, and sorry if this doesn't automerge)

MariosGift24.png

And with this, A Gift from Mario is complete. Well, there might be a bonus comic in time for new year, but as far as the story goes, we've achieved completion. I'd like to thank everyone for reading and for putting up with me during this month. And since I have a tendency to disappear, if he's reading, I'd like to thank / nando / now for nominating me for best signature and avatar for the N-E Awards 2009 (and additional thanks to any of those who voted for me as well).

Since the bonus comic will be a bit later than usual, I should probably make up for it somehow... Well, I guess I can share what I've been up to, and what I might have in mind in the future. Though, bear in mind anything I say isn't guaranteed...

First off, there's N-Sprites, which would basically be a sprite comic that'd update throughout the year. It likely wouldn't have storylines, incase I give up midway through. Still, if there's interest, I'd likely do it.

Secondly, for Christmas I've gotten a Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch. Though I'm not sure just what I'd like to do with it specifically, maybe in the future you might see a bit more than sprite comics. I certainly won't be replacing n-comic though. =P

Finally, one more thing I'd like to share with you. I was working on this a little before this year's advent comic, just for a bit of fun.

"What if N-Europe was a videogame?"

n-europepratformer5.png

Yes, The backrounds are from Super Paper Mario

teaser01.gif

From left to right:

ReZourceman

Sprout (yay ego)

Eenuh

Dannyboy-the-Dane (complete with Matrix outfit)

Coolness Bears

Just gonna say, I'm not actually making a videogame. I do have a videogame concept, but I know that I would never follow through with it, plus I lack the computer knowledge to make such a thing. No, I just wanted to share some stuff I "drew" with you. =P

Okay! I think I've ran out of things to say now. Once again, thank you to everyone who read, made comments and displayed their thanks. I hope I've managed to entertain you for the duration of the comic, and it's been a great pleasure to make it for you all.

And bar the potential bonus comic, I shall now disappear from posting once moooore!

Merry Christmas.

Steven "Sprout" Maidens

Sprout thanks once again for all your hard work this year. And you're back up to date! I will get these up on the main site asap.

Hopefully your creative juices will allow for more N-Sprites over the year.. and another Xmas comic in another twelve months!