Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

[SPOILERS!!] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Dante

I have hunch that the implications for this delay are good.

I like to think so. I have a hunch that after the less than perfect E3 demonstration (which Miyamoto acknowledged afterwards) they made a great deal of changes. I have no idea what they could be, but I fully expect the game to look vastly different next time we see it.

Miyamoto saying it's half complete could mean any bloody thing really.

Absolutely. Remember around October 2009 Miyamoto said Super Mario Galaxy 2 was done, yet it didn't come out until half a year later.

Saying Zelda is over 50% done means it's somewhere between 50.000001% and 99% complete.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. Remember around October 2009 Miyamoto said Super Mario Galaxy 2 was done, yet it didn't come out until half a year later.

Part of that delay was because they wanted NSMB Wii to have the spotlight for a while, they didn't want Galaxy 2 to overshadow it.

About 3 weeks ago when this thread was languishing on the third page, I was going to revive it by saying that since we hadn't head anything for ages, there's no way this is coming in early 2011.

But I didn't want to jinx it!

We don't even know what Nintendo do now when it comes to announcements and release dates, I think having no knowledge of the game is for the best for all of us.

I am more interested in the gameplay now more then anything, I remember how Iwata was commenting a fair few months ago how the Zelda team were very impressed by Monster Hunter 3 and what they could pull off on the Wii. Perhaps they might implement something similar to that of MH3, how hacking and slashing will only get you so far and being prepared is always a must. I did notice how there was a shortcut button for allowing link to drink a potion.

Perhaps they will have a guild and a main story, once finished with the main story you keep going down to hyrule to fight different monsters :heh:

Am I the only person who thinks this is an old interview? Look at the way they talk about Mario Kart 3DS, its as if the interview was conducted before the 3DS reveal at E3.

There's quite a few comments on the source site questioning the interview. Someone said it's an old interview spliced with new info.

• 1 month later...

Just been reading the Wikipedia page on this game and it mentions that it's in its final stages of production and will be released after the OOT port on 3DS, which won't be released till after E3 apparently.

I'm predicting a November launch personally, or even early 2012. I can't see Nintendo releasing two Zeldas too close to each other.

There's no source on the Wiki page, so don't know if this is true.

EDIT. Actually, found this.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/110128/06.html

It says they expect Ocarina to hit the market first.

Edited by Dog-amoto

Yeah to me SS looks like a 'mixture' of TP and WW. I am hotly anticipating E3 and SS cough and 'C2' ahem cough :laughing:

Not gonna lie though, I dream for a more serious looking LoZ game with the 'style' of OoT but with super powered-up graphics/visuals. Perhaps on this "Wii 2", maybe?

Ooh, one final thing. It's a bit of a random question, but who thinks there'll be a new F-zer0 title? And if so, do you think that it'll:

Ichi. Launch on the Wii?

Ni. On the 3DS?

San. On Both?

Edited by Beverage

Lol nah Twilight Princess was epic but 'I' feel it lacked the originality, naturalness and specialness that OoT has. Also, not to be mean, the visuals in Twilight Princess hardly absorbed my attention into the world of Hyrule! There were tons of moments that had me thinking "If only Wii was as powerful as..." :bowdown:

Lol nah Twilight Princess was epic but 'I' feel it lacked the originality, naturalness and specialness that OoT has. Also, not to be mean, the visuals in Twilight Princess hardly absorbed my attention into the world of Hyrule! There were tons of moments that had me thinking "If only Wii was as powerful as..." :bowdown:

a... 360??? a.... PS3???

None of those huh... Dreamcast??

a... 360??? a.... PS3???

None of those huh... Dreamcast??

Yeah my bad, I meant The Twins. The HD-Twins. The game consoles, that is. Y'know, the Microsoft SeXbomb Three-Sixty and the Sonii Playstion Two... I mean Thrii... The Sonii Playstation Thrii. :D

With amazing graphics and 30-player online.

Please don't tease my want. Just dreaming about it almost made me pregnant from happiness.

I would like to play a Zelda game with dual analogue controls....

Too right. Wind Waker's the only one, and yet it genuinely added so much enjoyment for me.

I was a bit harsh on Skyward Sword's graphics in my last post. Every time I see a screenshot I think "Great". Every time I see a video, I think "Twilight Princess".

TP's graphics, I think, suffered from the art style. They were so keen to get character proportions correct, the designs in the final game were very close to being generic. Let's hope the NPCs in Skyward Sword are as goofy as those in Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker. An art style with no room for Tingle is a bad art style!

I would not be averse to seeing another "realistic" game though. It worked for OOT and I could see how they were trying to recreate that in TP. Trouble is, they were only partially successful.

What matters, I think, is not whether the graphics are cartoony or realistic, but whether they are visionary. OOT and WW were, TP was not. They jury's out on Skyward Sword. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter as, despite what I once expected and hoped for, Skyward Sword is clearly one last flutter for Zelda on the Wii, and should probably be thought of as a "Majora's Mask" rather than an OOT/WW. Not what I wanted, but that's the Wii for you.

Here's a nice little article about Wind Waker, its graphical style and the expectations for Skyward Sword: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/115/1150475p1.html

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!