NEurope
ReZourceman

Comedy Rainbow

My friend is (supposedly/hopefully) making a proper opening credits, and I'll work on proper theme tune with lyrics.

My friend, the problem is not in the opening credits. It's the fives minutes that follow it.

Can't guarantee teh quality of gags will improve though...lol. But I'll try.

Be sure that you do. This is what your hierarchy of priorities should be:

The Gringo Asylum > Cast > Humourous material for CM > Balls > The intro.

Additionally, you need to work on your delivery. Perhaps rehearse a few times beforehand to get the smiles out of your system. It's not inspiring one to laugh when:

A] You have a giant smirk on your face,

B] You look/sound like you're reading off an autocue for the first time ["I'm bricking it" etc]

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Take out a half minute of crap material and make a short(er) intro.

Claire's reactions seem to be the funniest thing in the whole video.

The jokes are delivered badly, you can see that you want to laugh. And they aren't even that good.

I did like the "things that are good with salt" idea, should work on and expand that. I suggest you video the actual thing rather than you just saying it. (because that's not funny) Expanding maybe into a bitch fest - think of things that are commonly hated, like bad drivers, the post office, etc

The out-takes are a good idea.

Sort out the sound -I imagine its not that easy but a thought- and perhaps a better video recorder.

I don't really understand why you are quoting this forum when it isn't really attached to your "franchise" in much way. Would be better having your own forum, getting feedback that way and quoting it, or funny moments. And prizes to the best!

It could work, but not the way it is. You really need a selling point, something a little more unique than just a comedy "show". Something different that catches your eye. (like how the AVGN is really angry and curses all the time, and reviews retro games) Be a little bit more specific and find your place.

Fixed for you.

That's a bit harsh... :heh:

Like I said, there are some good ideas, although not pulled off brilliantly.. there is some potential.

I'm trying not to be all negatives here!!!

Cool thanks for the feedback RA. I'm working on it all. Ish. :D

(Although I can't see it getting more focused tbh) :p

I suggest you take your time with it

It seems that you try too hard to be funny maybe if you just sorta let it come to you

That probaly dosent explain too well what i mean but meh

For the record (even though I've said this countless times) I'm not trying too hard to be funny....this is a show about the random stuff that I think of, but I just write down instead of not writing it down.

Its fine that you hate it though, I'm just saying. If it appears that I'm trying too hard, then thats fine too.

ReZ why are there no sketches involving members of the public? We all know how much you love talking to random strangers.

OK I never looked at this stuff before but that im extremely bored I watched pieces of each.

I always appreciate someone trying to brighten up people's lives with laughter.

1:I think your trying everything in one video. Like raining again said stick to an area( or something like that :)) In my opinion you're funniest when you're not trying to be funny.

When do your friends find you funny? It's never never...

Don't cram everything into one video... You have about 16 jokes in a video..No real need. Also watch other youtube people for ideas.

2: the editing has to be improved. Don't ask me why but if it's unprofessional people won't laugh. Maybe a tad bit of light music over the background too to blend together the editing might help slightly... very light now dont "drowning pool" me in the face with let the bodies hit the floor. Try to get rid of those awkward silences. Needs to be quicker. Even little things like.. you leave the writing up too long etc can affect.

I'm no expert on this subject just trying to help :)

Oh and about the name.. hmm if you WANT to be taking seriously change it..

I've seen worse videos though... Look up irate gamer for some of the worst humour ever.

Thanks MCJ appreciate that.

2: the editing has to be improved. Don't ask me why but if it's unprofessional people won't laugh. Maybe a tad bit of light music over the background too to blend together the editing might help slightly... very light now dont "drowning pool" me in the face with let the bodies hit the floor. Try to get rid of those awkward silences. Needs to be quicker. Even little things like.. you leave the writing up too long etc can affect.

Definitely agree with this. I need to find some decent....royalty free music.

Id like to think I leave the writing on screen for perfect time. But thats fine.

Thanks again. :D

Maybe there is stuff planned.....

Is there?

If there isn't, then you better start planning.

While I never managed to get through the previous before giving up, I did manage to sit through this one. But maybe I'm just more bored right now.

I still think your main problem is that, like you say, you write down the things that come to mind. Well, DON'T! Because as soon as random humour is written down and rehearsed (not to mention delivered badly ... sorry), it stops being funny. Looking at what seemed to work, I'd say a show in which you display your randomness towards strangers would work perfectly. Or maybe a show with segments like the Phil sketch. Because simply reading your jokes doesn't work. Your forte seems to lie with acts of randomness.

All in all, still not very funny. Although I must say that the N-E comments segment was really funny to me.

Id like to think I leave the writing on screen for perfect time. But thats fine.

Yeah but it's not.

Like the bit where you say cringingly "Chronic Diahorrea Rainbow" or something, firstly it's repeated pointlessly, which deadens the joke, and this repetition means the writing is on the screen too long. I think the image of the writing should be on screen for a second, out of blue, after the first mention of the name, like it jumps out. That might be amusing. (sans sound)

^ Editing.

To be honest i enjoyed these.

I think my sense of humor is similer to yours ReZ.

You need more of you tormenting poor little clair though.

I too like these.

They're funny.

I don't get what the problem is.

It's not a well rehearsed piece of comedy.

It's just what it is.

...I vote more people interaction too!

Well I enjoyed it again. I mean we all know ReZ's sense of humour so dont go expecting anything else and its fine :p

We all know shit stinks bad, so don't go expecting anything else and it will be fine.

....?

And we all know that if you don't like the stink of shit, don't constantly sniff it and spend your time talking about the smell.

Go home and light a candle.

I'm confused about what we're talking about now.

....?

And we all know that if you don't like the stink of shit, don't constantly sniff it and spend your time talking about the smell.

Go home and light a candle.

I'm confused about what we're talking about now.

Just showing a clear parallel with what happenstance said.

I suppose the same could be said for Rez videos. If you don't like the stink of shit, go and watch something else.

Another parallel.

I can keep going, TT.

These shitty and annoying posts come naturally.