NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

I thought her point was pretty clear. The release schedule of titles to play is good enough not to have any droughts. The fact that some of the games are sequels has nothing to do with the point she's making.

That wasn't my reading of that section. Generally, yes I read it as "there's a strong lineup" but it just seemed like a weird point to make by saying "Wii U had this, Switch had this but the number increased".

Regardless, different readings of one sections but agreed reading of the whole so let's not get too bogged down in minor details. It's all good in the hood.

It's not mirroring the first year of the Wii U. It actually has games coming out

Sorry yeah, my mistake in saying it was first year. There are a lot of similarities, just in a smaller timeframe made clearer when you line it up.

Wii U had Splatoon, Hyrule Warriors, and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Switch has Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Wii U had Runner 2, Steamworld Dig, and Stick it to the Man.

Switch has Runner 3, Steamworld Dig 2, and Flipping Death.

Again, great lineup and no problem with the sequels (or similar games from same studios in the case of Warriors and SittM/FD), just seemed like she could have made a stronger case for how good the software is on the Switch compared to the Wii U than she did. It was a point about the writing rather than the topic.

But ah well.

To add to this, the PS4 has had an amazing lineup of games this year that are all tailored very much to my tastes. Even if I had bought a Switch it would have been sitting there not doing much as I finished Zelda the weekend it came out.

You finished Zelda the weekend it came out?! How may I ask?!

By playing it. :blank:

By not playing it. I think you've probably ruined the experience for yourself rushing it like that. A massive part of what makes the game so great is the exploration.

Or you know, that's just how his experience went. There is no right or wrong way to play a game. It took me 35 hours to complete which would have been over a weekend as well if I hadn't spread my sessions out.

By not playing it. I think you've probably ruined the experience for yourself rushing it like that. A massive part of what makes the game so great is the exploration.

Ah. It must be that time of year again when the forum turns on me, tells me how to play my games and decides I have rushed them all due how many finish in a set period of time.

I suppose I rushed Yooka Laylee as well? Maybe Persona 5? Kirby Team Clash Deluxe? Maybe, just maybe, gaming is my main hobby and I plough pretty much all my free time into it.

Ah. It must be that time of year again when the forum turns on me, tells me how to play my games and decides I have rushed them all due how many finish in a set period of time.

I suppose I rushed Yooka Laylee as well? Maybe Persona 5? Kirby Team Clash Deluxe? Maybe, just maybe, gaming is my main hobby and I plough pretty much all my free time into it.

My girlfriend was a bit on at me for "rushing through it" too. It's how I play games. It's just as valid as taking forever on it.

I was done in a week, with over 70 hours logged. It's not like I rushed

Wow, @Clownferret. That was way harsh.

Flip side, I think I ruined the experience for myself by not rushing through it.

If I played it like a casual Zelda playthrough, (Making a beeline for each dungeon and doing any side stuff I stumbled upon along the way) I might have enjoyed it a bit more.

Only a bit, mind. There are more than a few issues I have with BOTW.

I remember that one time I said I didn't enjoy a certain Nintendo platformer and got told that platformers aren't for me. :laughing:

How dare you play something your way.

Maybe Persona 5?

To be fair...90 hours for a Persona game is rushing it.

To be fair...90 hours for a Persona game is rushing it.

HLTB have it down as just over 90 hours for the finishing the story. The time racks up once you start going for the platinum or doing other stuff in NG+. P4G they have clocked at 70.

HLTB have it down as just over 90 hours for the finishing the story. The time racks up once you start going for the platinum or doing other stuff in NG+. P4G they have clocked at 70.

Yeah, it was a joke. :p

Not a very good one, it seems :D

I can't believe you don't play games the way I play them @Hero\-of\-Time. Or like/dislike ones I do or don't. How dare you!

My girlfriend was a bit on at me for "rushing through it" too. It's how I play games. It's just as valid as taking forever on it.

I was done in a week, with over 70 hours logged. It's not like I rushed

I can't believe you don't play games the way I play them @Hero\-of\-Time. Or like/dislike ones I do or don't. How dare you!

I don't critize those who do wander around looking at the scenery for hours on end or people who get stuck on a puzzle or a boss fight for days. We all don't play games the same way. Some play games a lot more than others and we are all at different skill levels. As long as we get what we want out of it, then how we play the game should be irrelevant. : peace:

Yeah, it was a joke. :p

Not a very good one, it seems :D

You need a smiley face added to it next time. :grin:

I was gonna suggest I fire Persona 5 up and leave the clock running so it past 100 hours, just to keep everyone happy. :D

@Clownferret saying "I think you've probably ruined the experience by rushing it" doesn't warrant the last half dozen posts directed at him.

NO ONE is "attacking" H-O-T.

Clownferret was sharing an opinion, that's all and doesn't deserve the ridicule.

I also don't think skill level has anything to do with how long people take playing an adventure game like Zelda.

I'm just amazing y'all have 35 hours spare over a weekend...

Sure think a lot of yourself...

It's called time management :P

It's called time management :P

My weekend day tends to look like this

8-9: Italian practice

9-10: Showering, getting ready etc

10-13: Work

13-14: Lunch

14-16: Work

16-17: Shopping/chores/language practice etc

17-19: Work

19-21: Cook/eat

21-22: Work

22-24: Free time (sometimes)

24: Sleep

We all can't make a living playing with kids toys ;)

My weekend day tends to look like this

8-9: Italian practice

9-10: Showering, getting ready etc

10-13: Work

13-14: Lunch

14-16: Work

16-17: Shopping/chores/language practice etc

17-19: Work

19-21: Cook/eat

21-22: Work

22-24: Free time (sometimes)

24: Sleep

We all can't make a living playing with kids toys ;)

Aww someone's envious.

:p

Yeah I thought that was pretty clear. I'm envious of people with free time.

By playing it. :blank:

So witty :wink:

Personally I just find it crazy how you could finish a game like Zelda in a weekend - not saying you're doing it wrong or anything - it's just the nature of the game really encourages you to explore, go off the beaten track whether it be side quests, mini games, shrines etc. It's the complete opposite of a linear game and it's only games which are linear to the extreme which I could do in a weekend. We're talking about a COD Story campaign or a short game like Journey/Abzu on PS4. Again this is just me, my approach to gaming and how much time I have for the medium.

Which brings me onto my next point....

Or you know, that's just how his experience went. There is no right or wrong way to play a game. It took me 35 hours to complete which would have been over a weekend as well if I hadn't spread my sessions out.

35 hours in a weekend - you guys are crazy! Get a life guys, geez :woops::wink:: peace:

I think Happenstance literally said the opposite.

"Beating" BOTW in a weekend is very doable; the game is designed to be played in any manner of your choosing.

Hell some people have beaten it in less than 45 mins!

I have no intention of ever 100%ing it myself and I suspect the same will be true of most people.

Edited by Dcubed