NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

I'm thinking Ubisoft made it mistake not getting Rayman legends out during launch window.

I think 3rd parties in general I thinking there is money left on the table. Now is the time to push software.

I'm thinking Ubisoft made it mistake not getting Rayman legends out during launch window.

I think 3rd parties in general I thinking there is money left on the table. Now is the time to push software.

Rayman Legends...Christ, I forgot they were still bringing this game to Switch!

Rayman Legends...Christ, I forgot they were still bringing this game to Switch!

Yep pretty unbelievable. Baffled why that and steep are not out already.

Yep pretty unbelievable. Baffled why that and steep are not out already.

Given that Steep has a strong online component, I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed back until the Nintendo paid service launches.

I'm still not expecting strong AAA Western support, despite the high sales of the console. Luckily the indie and Japanese support should be very strong.

Given that Steep has a strong online component, I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed back until the Nintendo paid service launches.

I'm still not expecting strong AAA Western support, despite the high sales of the console. Luckily the indie and Japanese support should be very strong.

True and I still don't know what they will do about always online.

The western support can come from outside AAA titles. The GameCube never got every 3rd party multi platform game but it got enough, especially at the beginning..

I still think Nintendo should of said to Rockstar how much for GTA V

True and I still don't know what they will do about always online.

The western support can come from outside AAA titles. The GameCube never got every 3rd party multi platform game but it got enough, especially at the beginning..

I still think Nintendo should of said to Rockstar how much for GTA V

The difference is this time there is a huge gap in power and a lot of Western games have strong online components. If these aren't up to scratch on the Switch then many developers may not bother.

The smaller AA games made by larger western studios were a thing back in the Cube era but with the arrival of HD many of these smaller studios couldn't cope with the rise in development costs and closed down. These type of games have now been replaced by the indies, which look to be well up for supporting the console.

The difference is this time there is a huge gap in power and a lot of Western games have strong online components. If these aren't up to scratch on the Switch then many developers may not bother.

The smaller AA games made by larger western studios were a thing back in the Cube era but with the arrival of HD many of these smaller studios couldn't cope with the rise in development costs and closed down. These type of games have now been replaced by the indies, which look to be well up for supporting the console.

The gap in power is so large that this might actually be a good thing. I do think the Western studios will want to make some money from the install base and the cost to develop will be comparably lower at a time when the PS4 Pro and Scorpio will increase developments costs again with the focus on 4K.

This will hopefully mean a handful of well developed Switch exclusive titles rather than just ports.

That or a boat load of shovel ware!

I've somehow not played Rayman Legends yet even though I'm really hyped for it, really glad it's coming to Switch.

I've somehow not played Rayman Legends yet even though I'm really hyped for it, really glad it's coming to Switch.

How!?!?

It's a fantastic game though, easily one of my favourites of last generation. I recommended it to a colleague recently who has two kids (around 4-6 years old) and he now hates me because his kids are always on it.

I think I'm going to have to put something inside my dock as I'm getting those common scratches up the sides of the screen :hmm:

I bought a screen protector and I was thinking, I don't really want to put the thing on my screen just to protect it from the dock.... then I wondered if I could just turn it round and stick it to the inside of the dock instead.... But would the front of a screen protector damage a screen?? :p

I think I'm going to have to put something inside my dock as I'm getting those common scratches up the sides of the screen :hmm:

Have you checked if your dock is bent? It's most likely this is what's causing the markings.

I've ordered this. It hasn't arrived yet though so I can't vouch for it yet. And at £8.15 it's a bit pricey for the raw materials, but at least I haven't had to make it myself! It's also the cheapest plain cover available on eBay. Well it was yesterday.

My dock hasn't scratched my screen but I'm just worried if it's ever in the dock and the dock gets moved.

I've ordered this. It hasn't arrived yet though so I can't vouch for it yet. And at £8.15 it's a bit pricey for the raw materials, but at least I haven't had to make it myself! It's also the cheapest plain cover available on eBay. Well it was yesterday.

My dock hasn't scratched my screen but I'm just worried if it's ever in the dock and the dock gets moved.

Thanks for pointing that out as I didn't know such a thing existed! I think I'll try to make something myself though as I don't want to cover the front panel :smile:

It's unfortunate that there's already very minor damage but I'll try to get on top of it before it gets worse. My TV stand isn't suited to the Switch, sadly, so I'm constantly sliding the unit forward and back and sliding the console in and out at a slight angle, even though I'm extremely careful!

Although the person who sent the assets asked us not to share them, they corroborate the existence of a bizarre crossover RPG that’s currently scheduled to come to Switch in either August or September. Ubisoft is developing Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle on the publisher’s proprietary Snowdrop engine, according to the assets we’ve seen. The game’s selling points appear to be a) turn-based combat, b) two-player local co-op, and c) a goofy sense of humor. (The art we’ve seen features Mario and crew wielding laser beams.)

The game will apparently have eight playable characters: Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, and, bizarrely, four Rabbids dressed up as Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Peach.

http://kotaku.com/source-the-rumored...ing-1794849712

March: Zelda

April: Mario Kart 8

May: Ultra Street Fighter 2

June: Arms

July: Splatoon 2

August/September: Mario x Rabbids

October: Fire Emblem Warriors

November: Xenoblade 2

December: Mario Odyssey

Pretty decent first 10 months to be fair, not including anything else they announce at E3...

Edited by Ronnie

Thanks for pointing that out as I didn't know such a thing existed! I think I'll try to make something myself though as I don't want to cover the front panel :smile:

It's unfortunate that there's already very minor damage but I'll try to get on top of it before it gets worse. My TV stand isn't suited to the Switch, sadly, so I'm constantly sliding the unit forward and back and sliding the console in and out at a slight angle, even though I'm extremely careful!

I have one of these:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/522656565/nintendo-switch-cover-switch-case-switch?ref=market

Absolutely love it. Looks the bees knees whilst being practical protecting my Switch.

March: Zelda

April: Mario Kart 8

May: Ultra Street Fighter 2

June: Arms

July: Splatoon 2

August/September: Mario x Rabbids

October: Xenoblade 2

November/December: Mario Odyssey

Pretty decent first 10 months to be fair, not including anything else they announce at E3...

Decent? You have to like all these games to be happy with that release list. Nintendo systems are weak on that front. Expect dissapointments as well as surprises.

Should be quite afew 3rd party announcements at e3.

Decent? You have to like all these games to be happy with that release list. Nintendo systems are weak on that front. Expect dissapointments as well as surprises.

Should be quite afew 3rd party announcements at e3.

"You have to like games to be happy with a release schedule" surely not.

Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Arms, Splatoon, Xenoblade etc all in the space of ten months, so yes, decent is putting it mildly.

"You have to like games to be happy with a release schedule" surely not.

Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Arms, Splatoon, Xenoblade etc all in the space of ten months, so yes, decent is putting it mildly.

You misquoted him.

If you only like Zelda then it's a shit release schedule.

Well obviously. I was speaking generally, not saying that every single person will like all of those games.

Anyway, nice mix of genres too. Action/adventure, platformer, racer, fighter, shooter, JRPG.

It makes me wonder what there will be left to release next year. Apart from the delayed Xenoblade, obviously.

Metroid, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Pikmin 4...?

(I forgot Fire Emblem Warriors in Q4 this year as well)

I just hope they're gonna blow us away around E3. I won't hold my breath though, but a good RPG that I can sink loads of hours into (Maybe the announced Tales Of-game, or Xenoblade) and Hyrule Warriors will last a few months with my gaming habits.

@Ronnie, I wouldn't be so bold as to mention Metroid, or Retro Studios even. They've been silent a long time. Any activity should be taken as a nice surprise, but don't list it as something that's coming.