N-Europe

General Switch Discussion

Ashley

This has popped up on various European retailer websites.

kqdmhcD.png

Given the release date looks to be November, I wonder if this is a possible announcement in an up and coming Nintendo Direct.  I had a good time playing it back during the Wii era.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

This has popped up on various European retailer websites.

kqdmhcD.png

Given the release date looks to be November, I wonder if this is a possible announcement in an up and coming Nintendo Direct.  I had a good time playing it back during the Wii era.

Man, I always wanted MySims, MySims Agents and MySims Racing back on the Wii, they were plastered all over my copies of Pokémon World :laughing:

Count me curious if this is getting ported! Feel like my sister would love this especially. 

Edited by Julius

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't really sure where to put this, but there's been a bit of a shake-up at the top of Nintendo of Europe as President Stephan Bole has stepped down, with Luciano Pereña taking the reins. There have been some other leadership changes made, too. 

From Nintendo Life:

Nintendo of Europe has announced a few changes to its management structure after Stephan Bole stepped down from his role as President.

Bole served as President for NoE for six years after succeeding Satoru Shibata in 2018, and has being an employee at the company for more than 35 years. According to the announcement, Bole has "decided to leave the company and call an end to his full-time professional career". Nintendo has announced that Luciano Pereña has now succeeded Bole as CEO and President, marking a step up from his previous role as Nintendo of Europe's Chief Financial Officer.

[...]

That's not all though, as Laurent Fischer has been announced as the new Chief Operating Officer, with Tom Enoki stepping in as Senior Managing Director. The former joined Nintendo France's marketing team in 1998 and has been serving as Chief Marketing Officer since 2018, while the latter joined the senior management team of NoE in 2022.

Nintendo has recently completed an operation in which all of its European entities have been merged into a single operation known as 'Nintendo of Europe SE'. All of the individual offices remain open and active, but Nintendo states that the move would allow for "improvement in business efficiency and acceleration in decision making".

So...does anyone actually remember ever seeing Bole turn up anywhere of note? I remember Shibata used to show his face from time to time such as at the Switch Presentation in January 2017, but can't remember seeing Bole's face anywhere before after looking him up ::shrug: