NEurope
Haden

Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do!

Sorry for the literally horrible thread title, I saw Franz Ferdinand live last night and was literally and metephorically blown away it was classic, even the mental crowd who made the whole experience akin to being in the Atlantic Ocean during a perfect storm, no sign of George Clooney luckily. Anyway my question is whats teh best gig you have been to firstly for experience as in crowd etc secondly for pure band quality?

Best show for band is Rammstein. I reckon the only show I will go to that will top it for being a bloody awesome performance will be if I see them again.

However, I was seated, so for the crowd, its between the bravery and feeder. The bravery had essentially one thing that feeder didn't, crowd surfers, landing on my head. That said, outside I could hear people talking 'whats a fuckin mosher doing at an indie concert', and the fans were fucking boring mostly. Only where we were crushed up at the front were people jumping up and down. Center front of the crowd, just back a bti from the barrier, where you expect lots of action, there was nothing. You push them at all and they look at you as if to say 'what are you doing :-/' Boring fuckers really. People at Feeder were better, pushing around for nearly 2 hours, jumping up and down, beach ball being thrown around, the cups of water being knocked in the air, even a crappy little mosh pit. Feeder ftw!

Muse FTW. easily the best show i've ever seen, twice. Squarepusher a very, very close 2nd.

Hmmm, I think I have to go with the first time I got to see Moby (when his album Play came out). Saw him two times still after that, but the first time was just great. Love his music and to see him spin on his head is just awesome. Gotta love the man.

Been to Coldplay in Barcelona like two weeks ago, and I have to say it was a great concert too. Saw them twice before already, but now it was just, a lot better. Big yellow balloons were dropping from the ceiling in the crowd during the song "Yellow"; three even bigger blue balloons during another song I can't remember. He also started swinging a lightbulb around like in that one videoclip there (I'm horrible at remembering song titles, sorry). And he at one point just started running through the seating area part. Was cool.

Been to a lot of concerts already, but those two currently just stand out to me.

I saw REM earlier this year, by far the best gig ive ever been too.

Do Do Do Doo

Adee Boothroyd!!

Do Do Do Doo..

Wait this isn't about football chants..

A few of my friends went, they said it was awesome, but one of them likes bloc party so I won't take his word for it.

That was truly an awesome gig. I loved every second of it.

My favourite gig was Iron MAiden at this year's leeds festival.They were absolutely mindblowing. I loved the guy dressed up as a ginormous eddy walking on and his torso at the back wrigglig around, it was fucking HUGE!

You went to hyde park? That was literally epic.

I almost did. Bloody terrorists...

I have been to so many gigs and festival's in my 22 years of life on Earth and nothing compares to seeing Oasis. The crowd (including me) just go crazy and its just well crazy! there is also nothing like it when Noel does Dont look back in anger and he hardly sings any words to the song, The crowd just sing it for him. Amazing feeling to be part of that. Love it. Seen them 5 times now and they are by far the best band ive ever seen live and ive seen quite a few.

p.s. i was also at Hyde park for the REM gig and that was so very awesome! but how long was their set, by the end of it i was like c'mon just finish will you!!!

The best shows I have been to were AFI and System of a Down. The latter is a band I'm not even that fond of, but the show was amazing. Leeds Festival main stage 2003, big crowd, lots of energy :)

I seen the franz earlier this year and they were awosome indeed :).

Best band for me live would be Fozzy at the limelight, they just rocked the joint, if heaven was moshing, crowd surfing and rocking 100% then that was it.

V festival rocked my world over summer, i haven't actually been to a concert prior to that but all the acts had an amazing atmosphere oasis, maroon 5, good charlottens and the last two aren't even my kind of thing but i went cos my mates wanted too - twas good stuff unfortunately i was alcohol free, but it was still great!

Muse FTW. easily the best show i've ever seen, twice. Squarepusher a very, very close 2nd.

Dan, i am extremely jealous. Muse would have been amazing! As would Franz Ferdinand... i dont mind their new album! Once you get over the fact that its different, its quite good!

Best gig ive been to was "Hot Hot Heat" who are a Canadian band, and are very good and energetic on stage. also the other people watching the show were not dickheads.

HHH were lead in by a Sydney group called "Faker"... who are fantastic!

cant speak highly enough of them!

Green Day at brighton were awesome, a really great show that they put on everywhere for everyone yet it still felt like they were doing it for you. They must've spent a fortune on pyrotechnics and all that jazz - like Rammstein whom my pal Ben went to see at Brixton academy and said it was the best gig everr..

But Jimmy Eat World at Portsmouth was awesome, despite the crap venue the band were oozing with enthusiasm (almost literally for the lead singer and his soggy sweating...)

I've only seen a few bands though.Zebrahead were awesome considering I had never heard them before teh show, great performers.

Oh, and any bands you wish you had seen before tehy split up? Brand New for me, much worse considering all of my closest friends have seen them.

I was at Glasgow Green (so was JonSt, but I didn't see him), it was meant to be in February but Michael Stipe had the flu so they postponed it - I'm glad they did, it meant loads of my friends went too :)

I was going to go again to see them in Ballock the week after but none of my friends wanted to go again.

REM at Old Trafford Cricket Ground on June 17th.

It was my first time seeing the band, after two or so years of obsessive listening to all thirteen of their studio albums. Being such a fan, I expected a lot, and my expectations were surpassed. It was without a doubt one of the defining moments of my teenage years and probably my life.

One particular highlight of the concert was when the band altered the set-list for the encore to include a song ("Leave") that me and my friend had been requesting for much of the concert (in between songs). I remember Michael made a remark something along the lines of "well, we decided to throw out the old set-list, and we've got this for you instead". I was so certain they weren't gonna play it (as whenever they'd played it previously they'd never put in their encore), that when they did, I was so surprised that it took me a few seconds to actually recognise it. It was like "wait a second, that drumbeat sounds oddly familiar.. wait, can it be?", and then I was in bliss.

2 gigs really stand out for out of the 50 or so I have been to in terms of boths quality of crowd and audience.

The first was Mastodon at a small (500ish capacity) venue. I was right at the front andreally in the thick of it all. Everyone in the crowd were clearly major fans and Mastodon are excptionally musicians. The gig was so good it got a thread on C-E.

The second was a relatively unkonown band, The Red Chord, at a tiny tiny venue (it was the cellar of a pub, must have been less than 50 people there). I had only gone as a friend said 'i'm going to this, you have nothing to do, come too.' In fact, I had only heard 1 of their albums once. Musically it was very good, but it was the audience and crowd/band interaction that won it over for me. There was literally no barrier of any form (mentally fo physically) between the stage and the crowd. My friend was actually standing on stage throughout at the side, talking to the bassist between songs. On several ocassions the microphone was taken by an audience member. It was about the most intense gig i have been too.

In terms of musical quality The Mars Volta, Sigur Ros and Mastodon really stand out.

This is my music journal http://www.last.fm/user/txg399/journal/2005/11/16/33599/

I went to a Bloodhound Gang gig at the Vooruit in Ghent on Monday, it was pretty much my first concert ever. It was absolutely awesome, it's not too big a concert hall so we could get pretty close. Of course, a mosh pit erupted and kopo, pieter and I were pushed back somewhat, but we were close enough. Mosh pits get SO HOT, and I hadn't removed my sweater yet. And my water bottle was empty... and my beer cup too :(

BG are awesome live, though they can be pretty gross at times, depends what you can take or not :) The bassist pissed on Jimmy Pop's (singer) head because he started singing his 'EmoFag' song once too many :D Jimmy then asked him to piss in his hat instead, which he did, then put the cap back on his head. It was quite special :D

The bassist also funneled in an entire bottle of Yagermeister in one go, then threw it up half an hour later into a black bucket. A bit later he threw the bucket into the crowd, but it was only confetti (thank god).

Jumping around and singing to Chasey Lane, Vagina Song and Bad Touch was great. :)

The amount of weed being smoked there was incredible, the guy in front of me had five doobies and smoked them all in a row, I ended up feeling light-headed by the smoke alone... Oh well, I guess it's part of it.

-edit-

I completely forgot to mention the warming-up gig by Electric Eel Shock from Tokyo. They were pretty good actually, death metal with asians screaming at you that only know about three lines of english is a must-see : peace: