N-Europe

Media "fads"

EEVILMURRAY

It's amazing how certain events in advertising always crop up in bundles. Compensation adverts, then price comparison websites [i'm sure I've missed something out], now we have people wanting to buy all our spare gold. The prancing prick in the cashmygold ad needs punching.

What do they plan to do with it? Melt it down and sell it to Elizabeth Duke? I've actually seen it move from the phoneline/websites into the physical market now. There was a jewellery shop, which apparently doubled as a cafe [and the cafe opening date was constantly being pushed back] which was begging for old gold. It has since gone out of business. However another is soon to open just around the corner.

What do you people think is coming next?

Don't these media trends just follow consumer and market trends?

Gold has a high trading price; then companies want people to trade gold to them. Insurance businesses set up websites that allow you to get quotes online from data forms; third parties create websites that allow you to enter the data once and get multiple quotes, this is especially useful for people looking for better prices in a downturn. People trading in phones is the same, but also playing on peoples awareness of helping the environment.

I went on the website for that trading in your phone thing as it said 'up to 100 quid'', I typed in my previous phone and the one before that. For my previous phone I would get nothing but they will still recycle it for me for free :P And for the Phone before that I could get 89p.

Woah.

Damn Dyson beat me to it but...WONGA. Shame whoever did that didn't do some funky techno remix of it cos like...that's what you do and stuff.

It's basically someone has a good idea to turn themselves a pretty penny, but it's an idea that isn't that special or unique and BAM! There it is. Everybody's trying to cash in on it. I wondered if there was a law change or something for people to suddenly be buying gold but nobody seems to know(i didnt get why it was never done before ysee)...

Advert doesn't seem to load this end, but i know it too well. I think all the Gold adverts are stupid. One i saw said if you can find a higher price, they will double it as part of their "Double Gold Guarantee"

Either way, I stand by what I said:

The prancing prick in the cashmygold ad needs punching.

I don't understand how the people at cashmygold thought some bell end having a false overbite looking like an upper class prick would make people want to sell their gold.

ON THAT NOTE! The advert for Postal Gold, where a "customer" says she sent some gold off and got upshot of £450. Based on how little [i think] they pay you, I wonder how much gold she sent away.

Either way, I stand by what I said:

I don't understand how the people at cashmygold thought some bell end having a false overbite looking like an upper class prick would make people want to sell their gold.

I just cringe at the way the word "Gold" is said.

ON THAT NOTE! The advert for Postal Gold, where a "customer" says she sent some gold off and got upshot of £450. Based on how little [i think] they pay you, I wonder how much gold she sent away.

I think she sent this in

istockphoto_2289358_gold_bars.jpg

I think that would fetch what she got paid.