NEurope
Dante

Fable III

I'm taking my sweet time on this, practically seeing what this game has to offer. Exploring every single nook and cranny, just like i did in Fable II. Learning where things are, and all that.

Got myself a little fortune, from both houses and shops. And of course, jobs. Loving the new way to complete jobs as well, much more interesting to complete. I'm currently

In Bowerstone Industrial, just past the Reaver encounter but before finding the Bowerstone revolution. Doesn't Morrowmind Woods remind you of Westcliff, well it does for me anyway. And i'm married, with a child. Wife's location, Brighthall.

Anyone else liking

The Pawnbrokers being what seems to be the only way to sell stuff. And the new lay-out to the shops as well.

As i said, i'm not rushing this, even though i know i'm not even at the half-way mark yet.

More leaked DLC info:

Fable III Industrial Knight Outfit (160 MSP)

Always wanted to be an industrial age cyborg? Well, now you can at least look like one. The outfit comprises a helmet, gloves, boots, gauntlets and armour. These items will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when clothes are unlocked in the storyline.

IndustrialKnightFront.jpg

Fable III Hair Pack (160 MSP)

Some people like to express themselves through speech, others through song, and yet others find that their hair-style does all the talking. Here are three brand new hairstyles to give your Hero a truly unique look: cornrows, afro and asymmetrical bob. These items will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when clothes are unlocked in the storyline.

Fable III Dye Pack (80 MSP)

Breathe new life into your hair and clothes with this collection of dyes, including the long-awaited black dye. Those preferring lighter colours will make good use of the cream, hot pink and turquoise dyes. These items will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when dyes are unlocked in the storyline.

Fable III Understone Quest Pack (400 MSP)

Discover a whole new town built beneath the streets of Bowerstone. This full size region contains new houses and stalls to own, new creatures to fight and a major mystery to solve. As a special bonus, you will also receive two extra quests for free: the Mercenary Shooting Range, where you can earn prizes by hitting a variety of targets, and the Wheel of Misfortune, which gives you a chance to return to Reaver's manor and participate in his insane combat arena.

Fable III Five Star Dog Potion (80 MSP)

Teaching your dog to be a better fighter, treasure hunter and trick performer can be hard laborious work. So why not cheat and bypass all that fancy book-learning by giving him a swig of this potion? He will immediately maximise all his abilities. To use it press up on the D-Pad while facing your furry little friend. This item will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when it's unlocked in the storyline.

Fable III Dog Outfit (160 MSP)

Your dog is your best friend, always there for you when you need him. Isn't it time you gave something back? Now you can dress up as a dog yourself and turn Fable III into an all-canine adventure. The outfit compromises a head piece, body peace and front and back pawns. This item will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when clothes are unlocked in the storyline.

DogOutfit.jpg

Patch coming:

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend, be it because you're celebrating Halloween (PUMPKIN TIME!!) or because you've locked yourself indoor with your videogames and bought the supplies to last you. I'm playing Fable III (obviously) but also some Medieval Total War II and Game Dev Studio on my iPhone. Yesterday I made an amazing vanilla custard pudding. Anyway, I'm drifting off...

So Fable III has been out a week / couple of days now (depending on where you live) and hopefully you're having a blast with it! Our forums have been on fire since the last week; the posting of reviews, reactions and impressions, other folk are looking for hints and tips (I've spend the whole day searching for gold keys today, already have 3!) and of course as with any videogame there are some people with technical issues. That's bound to happen of course with a game the size of Fable, our poor testers worked flat out but if something slips through the nets, then don't panic!

We've set up this reporting page where you can fill out a short form with a description of your problem. Please be aware we are monitoring this on a daily basis and the test, development and community teams meet on a regular basis to try and repro issues that come up, so the development team can fix it for the next update we'll release. There is no ETA on this, seeing as the process of game development is a slow, long and lonely one, so please bear with us. I hope to be able to update you in the near future. If you do experience a corrupt save game and there is no work around, then all I can personally recommend you do is start a new game and apologize for any stress this might cause. We really do feel for you if this happens!

Please don't spam the forums with issues you've encountered, if you fill in a form it will get looked at! Also some things aren't "bugs" or "glitches" so don't presume automatically something is wrong.

Other people have been asking about Kingmaker gold (or why they currently can't log in to their Kingmaker account), so some tips and updates on that as well.

* First of all, we’re aware that the Kingmaker App is currently not allowing players to log-in. This SHOULD NOT affect your ability to transfer any Gold you have previously earned in Kingmaker. We are working feverishly on this issue and it should be fixed soon.

* Ensure you have linked your Xbox LIVE account to your Kingmaker account. Go to http://www.Fable3Kingmaker.com, log in with your Kingmaker username and password, then click the ‘Profile’ link on the left hand side (under your coat of arms). Then select ‘Link my Fable III: Kingmaker account to my Windows LIVE account’.

* Once you’re sure your accounts are linked, start playing Fable III. You will not receive your Kingmaker Gold until you have played a little while into the main game – specifically (mild spoiler warning), you will need to have defeated Saker in the Mercenary camp and returned to Brightwall, then met up with Sir Walter in the pub again.

* At this point Jasper will call you back to the Sanctuary to explain how you can help villagers. It’s at this point that you should see a gift waiting for you on the gift pedestal (to the left of the Sanctuary, right next to your dog’s basket).

* Approach the gift (which should say that it’s from Lionhead) and press A to receive it – the Gold will then transfer into your in-game account!

* If you do not see the gift at this point try continuing until you are back in Brightwall, then press Start agai to return to the Sanctuary and look for the gift again.

* Next - get out there and spend all your lovely Gold!

* Once we have the Kingmaker app allowing log-ins again you will be able to continue earning Gold in Kingmaker until January 1st and it will transfer to your Fable III game every Monday. Again, you will see the Gold appear as a gift in the Sanctuary.

We truly hope that helps you get your hard-earned Gold. We’re working hard to get the Kingmaker App up and running again and once it is you will be able to continue earning Gold by planting flags and finding treasure.

Thanks for your patience and for supporting Fable III and Kingmaker!

Also

Anyone else found the Hunters Lodge yet??. And, does your family live there?

Yeah you get taken there as part of a quest, or i did anyways, there is no family there but a chest with some clothes in.

So this is better than II, but is it better than I? Cos I felt II was missing something I had but could never place what. Either way, I look forward to your review Wolfy! I've got far too much in the way of other games to need to get this now anyway, so I reckon it'll be for me when it hits bargain prices.

Yeah you get taken there as part of a quest, or i did anyways, there is no family there but a chest with some clothes in.

Fair enough, it is a pretty decent-size though. In my opinion that is anyway.

Anyway, i'll soon be looking to get the co-op achievements. Any volunteers??. As well as

opening the Demon Door in Brighthall, will be returning the favour.

I'm still enjoying this as much as i did when i did on Friday.

In Bowerstone at the moment, doing a bunch of side-quests. I feel that if you don't do these, the game feels like it is rushing you.

At this moment, i am heading towards getting the hidden weapon held within. And, am earning some big bucks so i can get many houses and shops bought up and earn even more.

Offer is still open for anyone wishing to assist me with the co-op achievements, i will assist in return.

Edited by Jimbob

I am, and now i am trying to figure out how i can find out how much i am making.

And for those interested

You can see the Spire, from Driftwood

Edited by Jimbob

I finally got time to fire this up this morning and so far im enjoying it.

I decided to play as a female character so people could get the co-op achievements ( get married, have a kid ) but then I realised you probably could do this with 2 male characters, this being Fable and all. Still, I stuck with being female and set off on my quests.

I've just got to the section where the sidequests have been explained by Jasper, so there's still a looooooooong way to go.

I accidently jumped into Linkified's ( ZeldaFreak ) game. I couldn't figure out how to quit so I just had to dashboard my xbox. I apologised to him and he was kind enough to send me so grain and potatoes. :D

So this is better than II, but is it better than I? Cos I felt II was missing something I had but could never place what. Either way, I look forward to your review Wolfy! I've got far too much in the way of other games to need to get this now anyway, so I reckon it'll be for me when it hits bargain prices.

I'll be writing a review for my blog this weekend when I have a little more time to finish things off but so far..

Pros:

- The storyline is brilliant, I love the characters and how in-depth being a queen/king gets

- The road to rule is a great way to level, I love how the chests worked and I definitely thought the characters as ghosts as you travel are a nice touch.

- The new areas, everything looks shiny/dull depending on the industrial and whatnot

- The monologue is dirtier, funnier and down right awesome

- The characters look better

- The housing system/ buying system is good - I like that I can now repair any damage to houses

- The new mini-games are better, I like that you press different buttons rather than just one

Cons:

- It can be glitchy, they obviously have a few issues as it's been mentioned there is a patch to fix certain things on the way.

- I don't like that the weight of my character hasn't changed from fat since I've eaten about 50 pieces of celery..whether that's a glitch or not I don't know

- I sort of feel it was too short a story, but comparing it to Fable 2 it's about the same.

- The ending, although good I stupidly did this:

I was good as my queen, I knew this would leave me with hardly any money but I would be popular. In the end this kills quite a lot of my town, so my town is pretty vacant and those left hate me. So recently I turned evil and started killing everyone haha.

- The dog is still a pain, sometimes it wanders round for about 20 minutes trying to find it's dig spot, specially the one near hunter's lodge.

Overall although I preferred it to Fable 2 I would say there is a vast room for improvement, I have heard that there will be a lot of DLC and patches for it, so hopefully instead of trying to churn out Fable 4 they'll focus on fable 3 for quite a while.

I've heard that in the earlier stages of the game it's worth trying to earn alot of money / invest in properties for income.....for future decisions (if you're choosing the good path?)

is that something worth considering? if that's the case i'll get my pie making on get me some properties.

If you want to be an all good king you should have _a lot_ of money ready before becoming a king. If you don't , you have to make some hard decisions to get the money from elsewhere. But you don't have to be an evil king if you don't farm money beforehand, you just have to prioritize some things over others, make some people very happy and some not.

I want to be liked by those people who I want to spend most time with, the people of Bowerstone areas. So I pick the good choices for them and then collect money from the people living elsewhere, such as making the people of Aurora slaves.

After feeling weird about that first big decision you make, I started again, opted differently and I'm now supposed to be on my way back to Dweller's Camp after getting the people of Brightfall on my side, but I'm going to hang around there more and finish off the quests available.

Had a nice little surprise when I opened the silver key box in Brightfall though. 50k gold. Score! Needless to say, I've bought pretty much all of the property and rented it out, bar one which is housing a wife and kid. Still need to get the Entreprenuer pack which I'll hopefully find next time I venture into the Road to Rule as I've only been in twice so far and both have been when the game makes you go in. I've been too busy collecting guild seals.

After feeling weird about that first big decision you make, I started again, opted differently and I'm now supposed to be on my way back to Dweller's Camp after getting the people of Brightfall on my side, but I'm going to hang around there more and finish off the quests available.

Had a nice little surprise when I opened the silver key box in Brightfall though. 50k gold. Score! Needless to say, I've bought pretty much all of the property and rented it out, bar one which is housing a wife and kid. Still need to get the Entreprenuer pack which I'll hopefully find next time I venture into the Road to Rule as I've only been in twice so far and both have been when the game makes you go in. I've been too busy collecting guild seals.

Have you had the occurance when the sceen goes grey, that is when the game has made me return to the road.

I have 3 doors left to go through, 2 before the castle itself. I feel as if the game is rushing me to get through the doors, and i am compelled to not let it rush me.

Anyone else having trouble with the flit-switch in Driftwood. Having completed a quest to expand Driftwood onto the islands (of which i am convinced it is the old Brightwood, some very obvious clues lie within (well, if you look at the FIII map and the FII map, there is a difference in size. Like, where the heck has Bloodstone, Brightwood, Westcliff and Wraithmarsh gone. My guess is flooding/global warming)). I saw the switch near the shop caravan, hit it a few times and now it appears on a rock which is on a ledge i cannot reach. I heard there is further quests to expand Driftwood, and allows me to get that switch.

Also, anyone who had purchased the Limited Edition. Have you done the Silverpines quest for the Wolfsbane Sword. Looks friggin sweet when it morphs, that is what i say to that. The quest wasn't too bad, took me 20 minutes. Liking the more power it gives compared to the Hero Sword.

do you think it'll be possible to get all 3 achievements for killing 500 people by magic, guns and melee attacks?

I've just done the magic one, and am about 100 into the guns one. And i'm at the part where i've just got to fort mortar.

Edited by Murr

do you think it'll be possible to get all 3 achievements for killing 500 people by magic, guns and melee attacks?

I did it all before the end. I just focused on one at a time.

I got the gun and magic before becoming king and the sword while I was a king.

The gun achievement is easy if you wait until later in the game or do a spesific sidequest where you both will meet hordes of easy enemies

I'm pretty much purchasing all shops before moving into the real-estate areas. Reasonings, it gives me more income to be able to play with and be able to pay to fix properties. Earning a nice 13,800 income from shops (and i've got all the big ones still to buy, the small ones are mine so far with 2 pubs and a few main places in Bowerstone). Got 2 places left to buy in Brightfall, and about 4 or 5 in Bowerstone. Then the real-estate.

As i heard about needing a hefty amount of gold for the latter part, i thought it would be in my interest to get the majority of that gold now before i become King. Because i've decided i'll be keeping to the promises i have/will be making to the people of Albion. Hey, they supported me in my progress to becoming King so the least i can do is give back to them.

You don't have to earn all the money before becoming a king unless you plan to rush through that stage. A couple million will do if you plan to do sidequests and achievement gathering at the same time. Alltogether I estimate you need about

-9 million

I could be an all good king if I wanted to, but I wanted to make Mourningwood really pay for having to walk the length of Russia everytime I have a mission there. Also had some fun with

Aurora

I'm pretty much purchasing all shops before moving into the real-estate areas. Reasonings, it gives me more income to be able to play with and be able to pay to fix properties. Earning a nice 13,800 income from shops (and i've got all the big ones still to buy, the small ones are mine so far with 2 pubs and a few main places in Bowerstone). Got 2 places left to buy in Brightfall, and about 4 or 5 in Bowerstone. Then the real-estate.

As i heard about needing a hefty amount of gold for the latter part, i thought it would be in my interest to get the majority of that gold now before i become King. Because i've decided i'll be keeping to the promises i have/will be making to the people of Albion. Hey, they supported me in my progress to becoming King so the least i can do is give back to them.

Im on doing the same at the moment. I've found that the Blacksmith level 5 minigame is a great way to build up a fair bit of cash, once thats done I bought alot of shops and houses and watched the cash pour in. I still have ALOT more to buy but im getting there. :D

I read an achievement guide and it said that if you want to be a good king and help everyone you need 6-7 million. Thats gonna take me a while...

Im really enjoying the game alot, probably more than I did the second one. There's just so much to do and collect, at times I get kinda lost as to what I should do next.

The only complaint I have is that the gold line still knacks up sometimes, which ends up sending me off in the wrong direction or it just doesn't show up at all.

The gold line must be one the most broken gameplay element ever. Once it wanted me to go to Bowerstone Market, then to the castle, then back to the market and so on.

But I have noticed if you run into enemies or do something else so the line disappears, you can make it come back if you run into more enemies or do something else like digging. Think it works if it doesn't show up to begin with, so just run in the direction you think you need to go until it comes back. Don't follow the line that appear behind you when you run, it's usually not that way.

EDIT: Is anyone interested in helping me with all the online achievements? I need to buy an one-month card to get online. Last time I bought it online(for Fable II) I had it for well over year more than planned because I couldn't be bothered to make the call. Not doing that again. Also I can't play online and be online on my computer at the same time and I don't have a headset.

Edited by Tales

The gold line must be one the most broken gameplay element ever. Once it wanted me to go to Bowerstone Market, then to the castle, then back to the market and so on.

But I have noticed if you run into enemies or do something else so the line disappears, you can make it come back if you run into more enemies or do something else like digging. Think it works if it doesn't show up to begin with, so just run in the direction you think you need to go until it comes back. Don't follow the line that appear behind you when you run, it's usually not that way.

EDIT: Is anyone interested in helping me with all the online achievements? I need to buy an one-month card to get online. Last time I bought it online(for Fable II) I had it for well over year more than planned because I couldn't be bothered to make the call. Not doing that again. Also I can't play online and be online on my computer at the same time and I don't have a headset.

Buy a 48hour code from here:

http://www.xboxlivememberships.co.uk/Memberships.html

I did it the other day, very quick and cheap can't complain for 99p!

I have no problems helping for co-op achievements, let us know.

Anywho

Just did Aurora, thought i'd get a break after each new gatherer to be honest. But it seems not, i am in the midst of the Albion battle taking over and becoming King. I know i can postpone the end of the game, by not completing the check-list. Of which i think i shall, in order to gain more funds to make Albion a better place. Plus i have 11 chests to open on the Road still. And i will do that btw, before i finish the game.

Yeah, the gold line is damn annoying. Had a fetch quest to do. It told me to go to Millfields, which i did. Then it turned me around and took me back to Bowerstone Industrial. Then back to Millfields, twice before letting me finish the quest required.

Edited by Jimbob

Yeah, the gold line is damn annoying. Had a fetch quest to do. It told me to go to Millfields, which i did. Then it turned me around and took me back to Bowerstone Industrial. Then back to Millfields, twice before letting me finish the quest required.

Tell me about it. I was trying to get one of the rare books for Samuel and the gold line just disappeared. It then reappeared so I followed it only for it to stop and then lead me back the way I came! I still haven't found the book yet. :(

Im now the ruler of Albion and having bought nearly, if not all, the houses and shops im just sitting back and watching the cash roll in. I will wait til I have about 7-8 million and then get to fulfilling all of the promises I made. :D

How's everyones Legendary Weapons collection going? It would be great if we could all put all of our weapons together at some point and dish the achievement out for each other.