NEurope
Dante

Fable III

Oh god I have so many games yet I want to buy this and I don't even know why I can't wait.

I'm glad Eurogamer gave it a high review I'd have to go curse them otherwise! ^_^

I'm going to buy the collectors edition on amazon I think, damn it all.

CLOSING COMMENTS

I found Fable III to be a lot of fun, which is ultimately the most important thing you could ask of a game. It has its shortcomings -- a few technical bugs occasionally rear their ugly faces and the disjointed design stunts some of the more emotional moments -- but all told it’s a great game that is well worth your time and money.

This is a massive game, and yet it remains accessible to gamers of all skill levels. That in itself is a pretty special achievement. Tack on a solid combat system, an immersive world, and decisions with real consequences, and you’ve got a game that just about anybody can enjoy.

8.5 Presentation

The injection of politics makes for decisions with real consequence and adds weight to an otherwise superficial story. Wonderfully accessible.

8.0 Graphics

A pleasant look and excellent art style. Some visual hiccups.

9.0 Sound

The voicework is quite fantastic. The repetitive combat sounds are not.

8.5 Gameplay

Easy to play, yet very deep. Fable III offers fun to all.

8.0 Lasting Appeal

If you like collecting things, you've got a lot to look forward to. I do wish the section where you play as king was longer.

8.5 OVERALL - Great

IGN Review

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1130321p2.html

I'm glad Eurogamer gave it a high review I'd have to go curse them otherwise! ^_^

I'm going to buy the collectors edition on amazon I think, damn it all.

Eurogamer are literally the only website I even remotely trust with reviews. IGN and their 'closing comments' can bite my sack.

also: hats off to whoever came up with 'difficult third Albion'- that's absolutely amazing.

Glad it was given a great review, would have sent hate mail out otherwise.

So here's my question, is it being better recieved than Fable II, and how does it compare to Fable I? There was something I'm not sure I can place lost between the two games, I'm hoping they've somehow got it back.

I can't answer that myself yet, but i will by Friday. Either way, the soundtrack for 3 is supurb.

Eurogamer are literally the only website I even remotely trust with reviews. IGN and their 'closing comments' can bite my sack.

also: hats off to whoever came up with 'difficult third Albion'- that's absolutely amazing.

Definitely, only one I read these days, IGN is irritating.

1UP - B+

GameInformer - 9.0

The story is grim at times, but that’s not to say that it isn’t also one of the funniest games of the year. The writing is top notch, and there are at least three or four quests that rank among my favorite missions I’ve ever played. One highlight has the hero joining in a bickering trio’s Dungeons & Dragons-type game, complete with hoary descriptions and every RPG cliché you can imagine. Other times you might be asked to break up a doomed marriage or even try your hand at acting. You’ll find plenty of variety and choices to make.

Even after you “beat” the game, new quests, locations, and characters open up. And those decisions you made as king? They’ll affect the way the world looks and behaves, too. Without spoiling anything, [spoilers]. From raising a family, becoming a land baron, and even partnering up with friends locally or online, this is the most fully realized version of Albion yet. It’s a must-play for fans of adventure or anyone who thinks they can run things better than those bums in Washington. Good luck.

GiantBomb - 3/5

I was willing to forgive all those interface issues as long as I was enjoying the adventure on offer in Fable III, which I really was for most of the game. But there's a significant shift in the storyline and, consequently, the game mechanics in the last few hours of the game, once your revolution succeeds and you take the throne, that alters the tone and the pacing of what you're doing. You're still getting to hack up hobbes and hollow men, and completing quests in exotic lands, but there's an extra layer of responsibility on top of that which feels like it introduces more urgency into the Fable experience than I'm comfortable with. And when I finally felt like I had a handle on the new stuff that was going on, I got dragged without warning past the point of no return, into a lackluster endgame scenario before I'd had time to finish up all the business I knew I wanted to take care of. Not finishing those few tasks significantly affected the way my ending turned out, and left my version of Albion in such a state that, despite having a stack of side quests and achievements to finish up, I kind of don't ever want to visit it again. I know this sounds like the world's vaguest complaint (getting more specific would require me to detail most of the story's major plot points), but the way the game wrapped up in the last few hours really lessened my experience with the package as a whole.

Sounds worrying about the game ending.

Edited by Dante

Looking at that video, wow is what i say to the co-op. Weddings are better animated than before (just a screen with pictures on).

Indeed, it does look great. Beats the Fable II co-op down to the floor and doesn't let it get up. I think this is one reason why Molyneux said Fable II was a glitched mistake, he and Lionhead are trying to make up for the fact Fable II was glitched, had crap co-op and crashed consoles.

Yes, Fable II was a good game and i was pleased to have played that game.

Future DLC info:

Fable III Understone Quest Pack- 400msp

"Discover a whole new town built beneath the streets of Bowerstone. This full size region contains new houses and stalls to own, new creatures to fight and a major mystery to solve. As a special bonus, you will also receive two extra quests for free: the Mercenary Shooting Range, where you can earn prizes by hitting a variety of targets, and the Wheel of Misfortune."

Fable III Dog Costume- 160msp

Fable III Hair Pack- 160 msp

Cornrows, Afro, and asymmetrical bob.

Fable III Industrial Knight Outfit- 160msp

Fable III Dye Pack- 80msp

Black,Pink, Cream, and Turquoise

I'll wait till you guys play this one... unless it's significantly better than the second one, I probably won't play it. Even though I and II are good, I just can't seem to justify the 80 combined hours I spent with them as worthwhile...

First part, the quest DLC sounds interesting. If it isn't already the LE region, then i'll see about getting it. Always like expanding Fable more. As for the other DLC packs, unless achievements are with them i'll miss them.

Edited by Jimbob

I'll wait till you guys play this one... unless it's significantly better than the second one, I probably won't play it. Even though I and II are good, I just can't seem to justify the 80 combined hours I spent with them as worthwhile...

As always the storyline is pretty good from what I can tell, but for sho, we shall regal you in all details when I get my hands on this beauty.

Do amazon send pre-orders fairly sharpish or should I just pay for it at game so it turns up on time?

Mine was dispatched from ShopTo this morning. I take it that this means there are no problems with the collectors edition.

Mine was dispatched from ShopTo this morning. I take it that this means there are no problems with the collectors edition.

Brilliant, I'll give an order with them then, I don't usually have issues, so might as well.

I just don't trust amazon delivery times, they tend to take quite a while and I want it NOW! :awesome:

Same... and if their delivery times are anything to go by, should have it by tomorrow...

tomorrow...

! time to finish off Fable II rather sharpish like...

*dodges fireballs being thrown and leaves thread* :p

Same... and if their delivery times are anything to go by, should have it by tomorrow...

tomorrow...

! time to finish off Fable II rather sharpish like...

*dodges fireballs being thrown and leaves thread* :p

Best run my friend.

I'm not sure whether to get my game from shopto or game, as I really want it by tomorrow morning as I'm leaving in the afternoon for home.

HELP?!

EDIT: game it is, as I have to have a new account with shopto.net boo.

Edited by nightwolf

Found all my pre-order materials, have the transport monies ready. I think the first port of call will be a shoe shop, then to GAME. Think i may need to pick-up some points and a Live card as well. Jeez, gonna be expensive out.