Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reflex Edition

Dyson

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Online split-screen multiplayer is the way forward. As for shooters including this feature, Resistance 2 was brilliant. MK Wii had success in this field too.

What would be a step better is if something liked COD shipped with a cable so the second player could display full screen on a seperate TV in the same room. That would be epic. Both of you going online, from the same room, with a full TV and off just one console.

I liked going online with my mates in Mario Kart Wii, but I found only having half a screen as quite restrictive. I never performed quite as well in races where it was just me and a full screen.

That's just dumb. No really, it is. Just live with it, being on one screen is good in a way anyhow because you can show someone just as you're about to launch a rocket into someone's grid from 2 yards.

A cable... Another TV within close proximity... Damn no.

I think that the kill cam was kinda rubbish anyway. Great for the guy who was killed so he could see the position of the sneaky sniper, not so great for the person who got the kill.

That does not matter since the moment you fire the sniper everyone on the other team will know where you are.

Snipers can´t use silencer before you say that using a silencer will nullify that.

I think that the kill cam was kinda rubbish anyway. Great for the guy who was killed so he could see the position of the sneaky sniper, not so great for the person who got the kill.

Predictable post. Haha.

What ever features the Wii version is missing or lacking:

"well it wasn't that great to begin with!"

Completely irrelevant to my question. I'm wondering why they'd remove it, not whether or not it's a good feature that people like.

Host migration (Match will end of connection is bad or if host leaves, but then all players will be brought back to the lobby and the person with the best connection will be chosen as host.)

Someone needs to inform these people that "Host Migration" means that the game doesn't end when the host quits.

Someone needs to inform these people that "Host Migration" means that the game doesn't end when the host quits.

They probably realize that, but I'm guessing that the limitations of Nintendo's Wi-Fi network makes doing this correctly rather hard. At least ending the game and bringing everyone back into the same lobby is a step in the right direction.

Completely irrelevant to my question. I'm wondering why they'd remove it, not whether or not it's a good feature that people like.

They probably cut corners somewhere with the online (possibly even to get it to run better), and would have had to completely re-write the kill cam to make it work properly. From what I hear, it had some weird Lag problems in the original version that many people didn't notice, so perhaps they would be amplified in the Wii version. Just a few ideas.

Yeah, that is just weird. I honestly can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work on the Wii. Emasher seems to have the best idea. That if they've made changes and cut corners, I suspect they're choosing to focus on other areas of the game.

Something tells me they haven't been working on this for very long.

Predictable post. Haha.

What ever features the Wii version is missing or lacking:

"well it wasn't that great to begin with!"

Not at all, but it wasn't the best feature in the game was it now? There's somethings missing that are disappointing like the lack of ground war and the lack of voice chat. But the kill cam was a shit feature that allowed you to identify where your killer was hiding!

Not at all, but it wasn't the best feature in the game was it now? There's somethings missing that are disappointing like the lack of ground war and the lack of voice chat. But the kill cam was a shit feature that allowed you to identify where your killer was hiding!

But surely there was an on/off option, giving you the best of both worlds? In that case it's a bit of a letdown, and if you're only on a small map it's not bad to see how you got creamed, especially in 2 player.

Did you ignore my post on purpose?

Shooting shows you on the map kill cam or no kill cam, simple as that.

By no kill cam I mean that you can turn it off and search for games or host a game with no kill cams.

The point of it all was to discourage camping which in my opinion is great.

By no kill cam I mean that you can turn it off and search for games or host a game with no kill cams.

Indeed, and to just let you know what actually happened.

Camping is for cheap morons, and if you're a sniper, you should change your position after every shot anyway.

Indeed, and to just let you know what actually happened.

Camping is for cheap morons, and if you're a sniper, you should change your position after every shot anyway.

At which point does stopping/staying in the same place become camping?

Imagine you're the sniper, and you stop to take aim and make a kill. Now, what if somebody else comes straight into view? Should you move position for the sake of not camping, or do you kill the next target, take a quick look around and then move to another location?

I could just imagine in a war, where a sniper on the other side gets two or three kills, and the armed forces just declare "That's so not fair! Camper!" and decide to head home. Haha.

At which point does stopping/staying in the same place become camping?

Imagine you're the sniper, and you stop to take aim and make a kill. Now, what if somebody else comes straight into view? Should you move position for the sake of not camping, or do you kill the next target, take a quick look around and then move to another location?

I could just imagine in a war, where a sniper on the other side gets two or three kills, and the armed forces just declare "That's so not fair! Camper!" and decide to head home. Haha.

Firstly, campers are disliked because they make the games less fun. If you're competitive and play the game 24/7 and know of every nook and cranny in the game, you will probably be able to deal with them. But for those who just want to engage in a bit of shooty shooty, then campers are shit.

Camping is not sitting in one position and picking off people in a 10 second spawn. They stand in one place for the majority of the game. The worst campers are those who camp in a spot where they can spawn kill you.

Also I hope you're not trying to link real war with a video game.

Firstly, campers are disliked because they make the games less fun. If you're competitive and play the game 24/7 and know of every nook and cranny in the game, you will probably be able to deal with them. But for those who just want to engage in a bit of shooty shooty, then campers are shit.

Camping is not sitting in one position and picking off people in a 10 second spawn. They stand in one place for the majority of the game. The worst campers are those who camp in a spot where they can spawn kill you.

Also I hope you're not trying to link real war with a video game.

Ok, so camping is where you stay in the same spot for the majority of the game? All I wanted to know what at which point does camping become camping, which you answered in your second point. It's bugged me a little when I've played FPSs in the past because I've found it hard to tell whether one person has just remained stationary for the majority of the game, or if they've stopped to take aim and get a few kills.

The final comment was a bit of a joke scenario, something you'd probably see in a Monty Python sketch. Although, if you're not really a fan of linking real war with videogames, then maybe the Call of Duty thread isn't the right place to be. Might want to give Medal of Honour a miss, too. ;)

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

It will have been removed to optimise the experience. I should imagine that the replay would slow down the connection or increase the likelihood of lag. It's one less thing for the CPU to worry about.

But surely there was an on/off option, giving you the best of both worlds? In that case it's a bit of a letdown, and if you're only on a small map it's not bad to see how you got creamed, especially in 2 player.

No. Why would anyone turn it off? If one person turned it off he would be giving himself a disadvantage. It isn't there in hardcore either.

Shooting does not show you on the map when you are using silenced weapons. You show up on the map when you use non-silenced weapons. Hence, if you choose to use a silenced gun and the kill cam is on it takes away the perk of the weapon.

Camping is just a way of playing. If you can't deal with someone who sits in the same spot then tough. I don't camp, I move around. But my friends all have different play styles. Some prefer sniping, some are heavy gunners who lay down cover and others run and gun.

The thing with silencer is of the high amount of weapons not a lot of weapons have the choice of having silencers, just SMG and rifles and not all of them have the option of having one.

Furthermore having a silencer decreases your accuracy meaning you have to go closer in for the kill and that does not really help your camping because people will most likely remember if they were killed in a certain location recently (Most COD 4 maps are small enough to make that count).

Using a silencer works best when you ambush someone and camping kind of makes ambushing redundant because if your not playing against a group of idiots they will be able to predict your move.

The multiplayer in COD 4 does a lot to discourage camping because no map I have played has a secure place to camp for, being always on the move is what works best.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!