N-Europe

WET

Hero-of-Time

• 3 weeks later...

It wasn't bad enough to put me off renting. I'm always renting one game at any one time so I'll just dump this on the list.

It's just a combo based fighting game that doesn't take itself seriously. I'm not sure why you're so adverse to it.

It's because it's so poorly put together. In Stranglehold things at least it looked good and ran smoothly whereas this just feels really cheap. I won't be surprised if it rates in the 6/10 region, I think this particular game can be judged by it's demo.

Downloaded and just finished playing the demo. I actually thought it was alright. The grindhouse style is nice the graphics could do with a bit of a touch up. Pretty average detailing on the lead character for what is a game on the high end consoles. Action was nice though and flowed well enough. I don't see there being much in the way of variety but then sometimes a senseless action game is enough to entertain people. I loved the style when it went into Rubi vision, all the red, black and white visuals. Would perhaps be more interesting if they had made the whole game like that. Oh and the aiming could do with some tightening up.

So yeh, not bad. I certainly found it entertaining enough but I can see it possibly turning out like something like MadWorld where it all got very repetitive quickly. I personally need to see and hear more about it before I'd buy it but won't be long until reviews start coming out seeing as it's released on the 18th of September.

Edited by Ganepark32

It's because it's so poorly put together. In Stranglehold things at least it looked good and ran smoothly whereas this just feels really cheap. I won't be surprised if it rates in the 6/10 region, I think this particular game can be judged by it's demo.

Strangelhold was trash. There was that crap mechanic where you could magnetize yourself to pretty much everything and then start sliding, prior momentum optional.

I don't see how this is put together poorly. It may not be stand out but there was nowt especially wrong with it.

The quick time car chase section was pretty cool and the Rubi vision was a nice break.

I know Stranglehold was trash but it looked better and ran smoother than this game I feel.

As for the quick-time bit, the developers didn't really think about the background colours when the button flashed up on the screen when you had to jump off the lorry.

The red bit - meh. All you had to do was mash square whilst running. Unlimited ammo would have been cool if it felt like you were firing a gun.

• 3 weeks later...
I can just tell that the game is going to be pretty much the same throughout.

Hate to say I called it:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1024691p2.html

I enjoyed that comment. But I think there are better 'simpleton' games out there that give you more satisfying simple pleasures i.e Xmen origins.

interestingly, im playing that atm, rented from love film. its pretty cool, wolverine is a badass.

also, i guess i just liked the ott abserdity of wet. its got that sort of crazy cool of killbill mixed with the stupidly over the top action of hard boiled. im not expecting a ground breaker but it'l sure keep me from mischife for a while.

Fair enough. I just felt after the demo that it could've been cobbled together in an hour (the main combat/setting stuff). I don't mind if a game has a few rough edges but it's hard to ignore the minimum effort gone into making the thing smooth visually and playwise.

Fair enough. I just felt after the demo that it could've been cobbled together in an hour (the main combat/setting stuff). I don't mind if a game has a few rough edges but it's hard to ignore the minimum effort gone into making the thing smooth visually and playwise.

yeah, bit of a strange demo, but i (perhaps faulsely) saw potential in there. was a bit more flush at the time so the purchase seemed a resonable gamble.