N-Europe

Women Are Getting More Beautiful

Dante

I'm dying my hair pink today. I think life's too short to not do the things you want to, and it's not like I have good quality hair undyed, so I may as well fuck it up as much as I can before I'm crushed by a speeding train or whatever.

I thought you said you were gonna bleach it last night...we talking hot pink? Either way, go for it!

Make-up.... I agree that excessive make-up is uneccessary, particularly caked on eyeshadow and bronzer. But I find it's good for mattifying, covering blemishes, giving someone who looks see-through (like me) rosy cheeks. I think sublte accenting of features while still looking 'natural' is good. That pic of Shakira for example, she's got subtle make-up on and looks amazing. Plus, I love buying pretty boxes [/guilty].

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you said you were gonna bleach it last night...we talking hot pink? Either way, go for it!

Make-up.... I agree that excessive make-up is uneccessary, particularly caked on eyeshadow and bronzer. But I find it's good for mattifying, covering blemishes, giving someone who looks see-through (like me) rosy cheeks. I think sublte accenting of features while still looking 'natural' is good. That pic of Shakira for example, she's got subtle make-up on and looks amazing. Plus, I love buying pretty boxes [/guilty].

The natural look where the make-up is there but barely noticeable is indeed the good way to go! I usually only use a bit of eyeliner and mascara, and for parties I might put on some blush. Oh yeah and trying to hide the dark circles under my eyes, but I always seem to fail at that. =P

Anyway make-up can be nice, but it becomes bad when it's layer after layer after layer of make-up. D:

Make-up certainly has its Benefits.

(One for the ladies there)

ReZ what's going on, that was actually quite a clever pun. :heh:

Anyway, seems like a pretty flawed piece of research. Either that or the media have taken it completely out of context which wouldn't be too surprising. I would have thought that any increase in beauty would have more to do with better hygene. I mean compared to the middle ages we now change our clothes at least once a week, take showers and have toothpaste. That's got to have an effect.

Now I feel stupid. I misunderstood Rez's pun. I thought he meant make-up, as in making up after an argument, as in make-up and you'll get benefits involving lots of sex. :nono: I didn't even see the reference to my favourite brand of mascara.

Wow, you thought I was being really intelligent.

Shame on you. :p

Well I loved it, just as I love Benefit. Don't listen to them ReZ! :heh:

The natural look where the make-up is there but barely noticeable is indeed the good way to go! I usually only use a bit of eyeliner and mascara, and for parties I might put on some blush. Oh yeah and trying to hide the dark circles under my eyes, but I always seem to fail at that. =P

Anyway make-up can be nice, but it becomes bad when it's layer after layer after layer of make-up. D:

Yeah that's it, got to apply in the right proportions :) (Amazing new sig/av Ine!)

Wait... I don't understand, there was a joke? Someone let me in on it! I don't understand! This is what it feels like in real life all the time... I always miss out on jokes. I can be with friends who are making jokes about someone and I'll laugh along not knowing what the hell we're supposed to be laughing at... or really care...

Awesome Robot sig!

To be honest I don't see unusual hair colours as bad as lots of makeup. The bright colours in my mind look FAR better than some of the "tramp hairstyles" that I've seen. But then I am somewhat biased on the topic.

as regards to makeup - I never have and never will wear foundation. I put on some mascara and eyeshadow if there's a special occasion I have to go to and that's about it.

The one (and probably the only) thing I like about myself is my perfect complexion. Girls that I meet do comment on it a lot, so I suppose I'm fortunate that I don't have to wear makeup. =)

^^ I was saying how make-up can have its advantages and then ReZ said it certainly has its ''Benefits'', Benefit is a brand of make-up... http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/gp/home.html

Because this couldn't be more off topic anyway, can anyone tell me how to make a link like the above one into a word, so you just click on it?

Type the code like this...

[NOPARSE]the text you want goes here[/NOPARSE]

And that'll look like...

the text you want goes here

That's goes you've entered it wrong... :heh:

After you click the url button, copy the url into the boc and click ok, just start typing the text you want displayed. The bit you want to change is highlighted so you can't really go wrong!