NEurope
ReZourceman

If You Had Your Own Island?

Lets say you inherit The Isle of Wight.

isle_of_wight_map.jpg

From inheritting it, all of its residents are paid off to leave, and you have this entire land to do with what you please. Also money is little to no concern.

What would you do?

Build the worlds largest telescope?

Build a colony of houses?

Training camps?

Theme Parks?

A combination thereof wherin therefore?

Have you seen Escape From L.A/New York? That, pretty much.

"Call me Snake"

Or just race around in cars all day. The Theme Park idea is also a winning formula.

I'd have it gain independence from the United Kingdom and become part of Japan.

You know, Japan isn't that good.

Pants in vending machines dude, pants in vending machines.

If I ever stop finding that amazing, shoot me, I'm already dead inside.

I would divide the island into two portions.

East

The residential area. I would call it "Pleasant Land", it would have several small towns, and lots of housing, shops, a city called "Pleasantina" with cinema complex and of course where I live (in the centre of the island) called "The Pleasant Tower"

West

"The Isle - Amusement Mega Complex"

Comprising of five inter-joining theme parks (ala Disney world, but bigger and better)

Black Canyon Adventure Park

Home to the large steel coaster, Black Thunder, a roaring journey through and around the whole park, with large underground and tunnelled sections, large corkscews and worlds first, terrain hugging helix and inversions.

Other large coasters and thrill rides.

Paradise Creek

Escape the relaxing world of Paradise Creek. Travel in exotic boats, around ambient jungles, take a tour around the rich tree tops and oasis-like deserts, and enjoy the serene beauty of the themed gardens.

The Frozen Crater

A giant ice themed park, with roller coasters, large and small, thrill rides for all the family, and the worlds largest themed pool, with rapids and large cooled jacuzzi, thoroughly themed with ice cavern section.

Media World

Go behind the scenes of the movies, games and television, and put yourself in the action. Travel on the Media Coaster, and experience 4D effects, light, sounds, vibrations, you name it you'll experience on this journey through a collection of Warner Bros, Universal, Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft properties. Experience the other media themed rides.

Electric City

Connecting all the parks is the Electric City. The park that never sleeps. 24 hour thrill rides, simulators, arcades, restaurants and shops.

Four words: World's Biggest Pillow Fort.

Edited by gaggle64

Four words: Worlds Biggest Pillow Fort.

ok, this is a greta idea.

persoanly, id buy a load of guns/tanks/awsome shit and blow stuff up. in the company of various hotties in bikinis.

Simple, more men, less clothes (uniforms will be allowed), and a ton of baby oil. Fresh gets his freak on.

Declare independence, buy a whole lot of AK-47s and armoured vehicles, employ a bunch of old-fashioned men reminscent of Britains 'Golden days' with the Empire, send them out to conquer a bunch of little-known African tribes, take their resources (including oil), become an industrial superpower, purchase nukes, and have America play bitch to my foreign policy. Hell yeah.

Pants in vending machines dude, pants in vending machines.

If I ever stop finding that amazing, shoot me, I'm already dead inside.

The craziest thing I saw in vending machines was ties. Every other vending machine (and I approximate I saw close to 1000) was drinks, and a few ice creams. This whole "oh they have keeer-azy vending machines" notion is a bit of an exaggeration.

Anyway do I have guests, or is this again up to me? I dunno, huge house. Maybe somehow become part of America so I stop having that annoying "I'm sorry this video is not available in your region" issue without having to faff around. Umm a Go Ape thing, that was fun. A huge safari/general animals in the wild that are mine but they are free to roam.

Anyway do I have guests, or is this again up to me?

Yes you may choose your residents, if any.

13334-004-5D86D7AA.jpg

Providing the whole island doesn't go the way of Escape From L.A/N.Y, I would enforce this dress code vigourously. All people would be required to own a black labrador called Wellington. Free penny farthings for all. Monocle insurance would be available to all, due to the inevitable "dropped into champagne in a moment of shock" incidents that would become rife.

I would spend most of my days flogging my horse with a cravat. Sometimes literally, other times euphamistically (that's a word in my new land).

Well, first up i would clear the whole island of every known building. Then i would build myself a small town as it were right in the middle (mansions included) with a road leading to the ferry port and only one road.

I would then build myself my own race-track that goes right around the island, should be interesting.

Next, i would organise the worlds biggest N-Europe meet right on that island, with expenses payed to those members who would find it difficult to travel to the island.

And thats about all i would do.

I would destroy all modern buildings and make the world enchanted again. It would be that mysterious Isle where the crazy old man lives. Just let nature flourish. Find a really nice spot and build a little wooden house. Would make a nice little holiday home. I might just make it all live Medieval times. Get some re-enactors to just live like it all the time. That would amuse me. I would be King of course :P

Right, bare with me.

You know when you were small and you would go to big indoor play areas that were all tunnels and towers and stuff that were covered in colourful squidgy leather and had green netting everywhere? Might be what Ashley is referring to, I don't know what 'Go Ape' is. But yeah, I'd make a massive, man sized version of that, with several open areas and an attached open area with huts etc and another massive towery/play are thing on the other side and have the biggest fucking paintball game the world has ever seen. And none of this 'oh you've been shot please leave the field with your arms up and cry'. Oh no. We're men on the Isle of Fight. You take as many shots as you can until you pass out and thats when you're out of the game. You could have bases in the tower places and shoot out of and through the netting, it would be absolutely immense.

God, I really want to do this now.

Anyone want to go in with me to buy the Isle of Wight?

As money is of no concern, I'd just spend millions on everything I could possibly want and just let the island take care of itself, without any buildings or people (or tigers).

Right, bare with me.

You know when you were small and you would go to big indoor play areas that were all tunnels and towers and stuff that were covered in colourful squidgy leather and had green netting everywhere? Might be what Ashley is referring to, I don't know what 'Go Ape' is. But yeah, I'd make a massive, man sized version of that, with several open areas and an attached open area with huts etc and another massive towery/play are thing on the other side and have the biggest fucking paintball game the world has ever seen. And none of this 'oh you've been shot please leave the field with your arms up and cry'. Oh no. We're men on the Isle of Fight. You take as many shots as you can until you pass out and thats when you're out of the game. You could have bases in the tower places and shoot out of and through the netting, it would be absolutely immense.

God, I really want to do this now.

Anyone want to go in with me to buy the Isle of Wight?

Dude, with the recession, you can buy the Isle of Wight for 15p now.

But that sounds awesome. When you build it we should play "Hunters". One team run (using the jungle gym thing you describe) and one team hunt. There should be buggies made out of soft stuff to use too. Awesome.

Assuming it is already independent, I would build a huge ass mountain right in the centre with a high tech benevolent looking castle on top and call it Tower of Gods, this is were I would live being a god with a huge harem. Then I would proceed to divide the island in four different regions/countries in a way that the mountain belongs to none of those, and create a history and lore for each of those regions. Then destroy every other building on the island and build a dark ages/medieval setting (each region would have its different architectural style) and fill it with actors and new borns that would grow up to know nothing else besides what the actors tell them. In the end, I would be in my tower watching down on its habitants, manipulating the events around it like a true god.

Possibilities in this scenario:

• Having a country made of dwarves.
  • Make people worship stupid stuff.
  • Applying stupid rules to the population.

The massive N-E meet sounds awesome, Jimbob! : peace: So when are you gonna buy the Isle of Wight? :p

I'd probably make a small utopia where I hire the brightest minds of the planet and get them together to solve the problems of resources, global warming etc. - at least on the island. After that, I'd continue to make the isle into a wonderful place with the most modern, ecological and "healthy" technology and all sorts of modern luxuries. Of course, one part of the island would be nature's asylum, a place where nature can evolve freely without human intervention.

Yeah, I'm pretty science-fiction/hippie in my visions. :heh:

Get a crazy fast internet connection setup in the island.

Invite every one of you to live there

I shall call you Island Of Kneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

The massive N-E meet sounds awesome, Jimbob! : peace: So when are you gonna buy the Isle of Wight?

As soon as i get the money together and ask for donations from the government. :indeed:.