NEurope
ReZourceman

If You Had Your Own Island?

Right, bare with me.

You know when you were small and you would go to big indoor play areas that were all tunnels and towers and stuff that were covered in colourful squidgy leather and had green netting everywhere? Might be what Ashley is referring to, I don't know what 'Go Ape' is. But yeah, I'd make a massive, man sized version of that, with several open areas and an attached open area with huts etc and another massive towery/play are thing on the other side and have the biggest fucking paintball game the world has ever seen. And none of this 'oh you've been shot please leave the field with your arms up and cry'. Oh no. We're men on the Isle of Fight. You take as many shots as you can until you pass out and thats when you're out of the game. You could have bases in the tower places and shoot out of and through the netting, it would be absolutely immense.

God, I really want to do this now.

Anyone want to go in with me to buy the Isle of Wight?

Sounds awesome. I used to love those things as a kid.

Personally, I'd build a replica hyrule though.

I'd use it to house my (arguably illegal and unethical) experiments in Dinosaur ressurection, using the DNA from within the insects trapped in millenia old amber.

Then I'd turn it into a theme park and invite people to come see real dinosaurs.

Incidentally, I was thinking something like this:

508_v88ncu0hdw.jpg

pparial.jpg

There would definitely be a swimming pool filled with balls on my island. Everyone loves balls!

Incidentally, I was thinking something like this:

508_v88ncu0hdw.jpg

pparial.jpg

There would definitely be a swimming pool filled with balls on my island. Everyone loves balls!

I would pay to go there. :yay:

I'd use it to house my (arguably illegal and unethical) experiments in Dinosaur ressurection, using the DNA from within the insects trapped in millenia old amber.

Then I'd turn it into a theme park and invite people to come see real dinosaurs.

Just so long as it isn't all just resurrected million-year-old mosquitoes in a small fish tank with a piece of paper glued to one side with the words 'Jurassic Park' written on it... :heh:

Edited by Roostophe

I would pay to go there. :yay:

But think of all the cleaning costs!

As for Rapture, well just think of how hard that would be to make! And what are the benefits other than being pretty darn cool? You don't get shat on from above?

Tbh given the situation I really would just sell it to the highest bidder (probably the government) because I probably couldn't be assed to do anything with it myself. However you could 'easily' make it into a large profiting business.

Mcoy would probably turn it into some giant paintball site.

Mcoy would consider preseving it and see how mother nature would take care of itself (apart from Mcoy's giant mansion full of Mcoys slaves that bring him Mcoys for his dinner)

That's such a great thought to harbor!!!!!

I will promote it as a most famous tourist destination in the whole world! I will build lakes, waterfalls, parks, gardens & restaurants & hotels! It will such a place where no one will be treated on the basis of caste, creed or color!!!

On second thought, I'd make this, including all it's pocket-sized inhabitants;

kanto.jpg

One word.

Rapture.

This.

I am Coolness Bears, and I'm here to ask you a question: Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

NO! says the man in Washington ... it belongs to the poor.

NO! says the man in the Vatican... it belongs to God.

NO! says the man in Moscow... it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers.

Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...

RAPTURE.

A city where the artist would not fear the censor. Where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality. Where the great would not be constrained by the small. And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well.

161844.jpg

When I was younger, I used to day dream quite a lot. In one of my day dreams, I used to imagine that I had created my own island and was like a King or President of that Island. If you imagine how Lex Luthor created that Island in Superman Returns, then you'd imagine how I'd create me.

Basically, I modeled the idea on New York City, as I was a huge fan of that place at the time. Probably because of films like Ghostbusters and Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. I dreamed that I would create a city like New York, but bigger and better. It would feature millions of sky-scrapers, but also lots of parks and green areas. Treeees! Then, it would have an underground subway, and also shops and shopping centres that were underground.

I also imagined that I would be an inventor on this Island, as well as King, and that I would sell products to the public. One idea I created was the Ultimate Game System. Basically, I stole the ideas from the SNES and Megadrive, which were my consoles at the time, and blended them into one. Also, as a result of being quite into the Commodore64, which was handed down to me from an Uncle, I blended that into the same machine.

The result was a cartridge based system that could also play CDs (ala, le mega CD) and also had a "bridge" above the system that would hold tapes, like a tapedeck. You could save your data onto the tapes, and take the tapes to other people's houses and continue playing. It was brilliant.

tehconsole.th.jpg

That was my proto-type of the machine.

I also would create shopping centres which would be run by me, and they would sell the best technology around, and all sorts. If you can imagine the best island ever, and then think of my proto-type machine, its millions better.

Plus, the people were happy and never wanted to leave. They loved it.

There would also be "sub-islands" which would be located off the main island, which would have beaches and other things, places where you could do water-sport activities and so forth. Think of the whole thing as a Sun:

cityv.th.jpg

So, the blue is the sea. Then, the green line would represent the trees within the main island, so that the island would look fucking amazing and green. The lines that go to the small islands and back are basically huuuuuge bridges! Bridges across the ocean. Footbridges too, which would look pretty awesome. Get awesome views.

Then, put together the ideas of what I talked about, and that would be on the island itself. Big buildings, a subway that would take you everywhere, and lots of amazing places to visit. Like, Zoos and stuff.