Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Pupils attacked by teacher

MoogleViper

Sometimes you really fancy kicking one of the little shitbags in the head.

And frankly, it would do them the world of good, when they have the no-one can touch me attitude of invincibility that the ridiculously PC "No Children Are Naughty" and "Smacking Your Child Makes Them Into Hitler" brigade encourage.

But of course, you're not allowed It's your duty to take care of them and educate them - which can be the hardest job in the world sometimes. And when faced with unsupportive parents who couldn't care less when you have things thrown at you, but go ape-shit when you call their child the worst in the class... it's hard not to just say "fuck it".

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno why this popped into my head, but this thread reminded me of when our (I think year 5) teacher accused us of giving her cancer :/

Also, depending on the situation I'm most likely on the teachers side of this. Kids can be utter cunts at times, and if there's weapons regularly being taken into school, this could be some kind of self defence thing.

Analysis of thread: Heavy amounts of conservatism, prejudice and snobbery detected. Particularly from the OP

Result: Fail

As someone else mentioned, it's just a sad story all round. A (possibly) good teacher losing his job and never finding work again, a child that could be seriously injured for life and a school whose reputation will be forever shamed by the press coverage. Some people on this thread really need to take a look at what they are saying, just because kids are rude, cheeky twats doesn't mean the teacher has a right to beat the shit out of them. Why do some people always feel that taking a stand against 'the PC nanny state' is a justification for the violence and prejudice they advocate? PC does go too far sometimes and more to the point, gets it wrong, but it is perhaps worth remembering that people who find 'the PC nanny state' the most abhorrent tend to be BNP supporters. Some of the posts in this thread suggest to me that the posters are the kind of people who watch Jeremy Kyle and find nothing wrong with it.

Im not suprised that more teachers dont snap, kids can do what ever they want.

Theres no control, and the parents dont help situations at all.

What he did was wrong, but he must have been provoked. Hardly anyone would attack like that for no reason.

Oh, and just because hes 14 doesnt change anything. They can be as much a bastard as 16, 19, 30 years olds, or any other age.

]If it was a chav' date=' which it sounds like it probably was, I think I would side with the teacher on this one.[/b'] Although, he probably did go a step too far. That probably sounds harsh, but TBH, I think most people who would disagree don't remember how chavs often treated teachers. But I don't really know enough about this, so I'll leave it at that.

Just read this one. Emasher, you absolute cunt. How much snobbery and hatred do you have built up in you that you advocate violence towards a 14 year old child, simply because his taste and his manners are different to yours? Your effectively saying that just because he dresses differently to you and talks differently to you (and don't tell me you have another definition of chav either because everyone knows a chav by looking at them) you are perfectly ok with him being nearly murdered. What is wrong with you, really?

Just read this one. Emasher, you absolute cunt. How much snobbery and hatred do you have built up in you that you advocate violence towards a 14 year old child, simply because his taste and his manners are different to yours? Your effectively saying that just because he dresses differently to you and talks differently to you (and don't tell me you have another definition of chav either because everyone knows a chav by looking at them) you are perfectly ok with him being nearly murdered. What is wrong with you, really?

Chav isnt only how they look, although people jump to conclusions, its the attitude too.

Theyre loutish, ignorant, arogant, and yobbish.

People sometimes get wrongly branded as chavs because of how they dress, or who they hang around with.

Thats the way i see it.

Chav isnt only how they look, although people jump to conclusions, its the attitude too.

Theyre loutish, ignorant, arogant, and yobbish.

People sometimes get wrongly branded as chavs because of how they dress, or who they hang around with.

Thats the way i see it.

Actually i take back part of what I said before, I suppose definition of Chav is debatable, I always defined as a question of taste and nothing else. Perhaps Emasher would do better to phrase his point as 'if the kid was a loud, ignorant, violent, and cheeky little twat, then I'd still think the teacher went way too far and do not condone his actions' ;)

Well chav stands for council housed and violent. Now I'm not against people who live in council house (I come from a poor(ish) family myself with some of my relatives living in council houses) but, as war said, a chav is somebody who is violent, aggressive etc. It's got nothing to do with what they wear, many of them just wear similar things, and thus some people get wrongly branded as a chav.

Also I don't get how I came across as snobby. Conservatism I can see. Prejudice I can understand although I did say that I was making assumptions and my opinion would change if they were incorrect. But I don't see any snobbery.

Kids do get away with a hell of a lot sometimes. Even in my time at school a lot of kids were utter shits. Teachers have NO control at all because of so many liabilities. Parents need to take their kids in hand.. I was brought up to act like a mature person and to be considerate of other people. Sure teenagers do rebel, thats a given for most! Doesn't mean they all act like some of the scum you see on the street. I actually got a barrage of coins thrown at me once, and on another occasion a firework was aimed (badly) at me >_<

I feel for the teacher, he probably snapped, now he's lost his career and life. Not good. (not to say it was neccesarily that particular kid that was to blame)

Apparently the teacher had only just returned to work after suffering a stress-induced stroke. I really doubt the kid was completely innocent in all this and it seems that this was utterly out of character for the teacher so he must have been really pushed right to the edge. Only one thing is for sure though; behaviour will improve sharply at that school now.

I still can't believe that some people are sticking up for the teacher based on the stereotypes of the child. Even if the child is a chav, it doesn't mean that he's going to grow up as someone who 'doesn't contribute to society'. Think about what you were like at 14, I'd doubt you're the same now. People change, especially while recieving a good education. I myself was a little shit when I was 14, and loved being it. The best I got out of a teacher was a chair thrown at me. But now I like to think I'm a pretty decent guy, who having finished my first year of uni with a first, have a lot to contribute to society. But it wasn't the fucking chair that made that happen, it was the good teachers who taught me the value of education.

People cry out for blood when police misuse their powers, but for a teacher to fucking try and kill someone, it's okay?

The kid told the teacher to 'go have another stroke' according to someone who knows some people who were there.

Also what if it was the other way round and the kid smashed the teachers head in? Do you honestly think anything would happen to him. He'd be expelled at most, no legal trouble at all.

In my school, there were a load of kids who did worse than this (and a load of teachers too).

One of my mates got locked in a cupboard for two hours because he told our teacher to shut up and if we tried to unlock it, he would expel us. People ignored him and carried on anyway, he never did anything but he did get suspended for six months.

I knew a really nice science teacher, wouldn't hurt a fly whatsoever and she got her arm broken by a kid. He grabbed her arm and slammed the door and he got suspended for a week because of it (aka. a week's holiday).

My maths teacher left because of a gang of students who basically harrassed him. It was just outrageous, and all they were getting was detentions mainly.

It's no wonder kids behave like they do today if nothing is being done. I haven't heard all the facts from this news but the student isn't 100% innocent in my opinion.

I would never, in my wildest dreams, disrespect a teacher. I've had the odd heated argument but I've never called them names or anything like that. Some of these kids nowadays deserve a slap!

If the news said he hit the kid and the kid did something wrong, then I'd agree with him but the fact that he tried to KILL him is a completely different matter. The kid must have done something seriously bad for him to be pushed that far.

From what i hear (living 4 miles from the school) the kid was a cheeky fucker who had been on at this teacher for ages, the kid said something and it was the straw that broke the camels back. The teacher threw a weight across at him which caught the fucker in the head and nearly killed him.

I call accidental. Honest judge.

Think about what you were like at 14, I'd doubt you're the same now. People change, especially while recieving a good education. I myself was a little shit when I was 14, and loved being it. The best I got out of a teacher was a chair thrown at me. But now I like to think I'm a pretty decent guy, who having finished my first year of uni with a first, have a lot to contribute to society. But it wasn't the fucking chair that made that happen, it was the good teachers who taught me the value of education.

So you taunted a teacher to the point where they snapped and through a chair at you. It didn't hit you, you weren't injured and it made a hilarious story for you to tell in later years. This kid decided to wind up a teacher to the point where they briefly snapped and they threw a weight and hit the kid. The kid ends up in hospital and the teacher arrested on attempted murder. The similarities are amazing.

In the end this is a tragic accident. Teachers are only human like the rest of us and have limits on how much abuse they can tolerate. This was an already stressed teacher who had suffered a stroke being further attacked by abusive kids. In a spilt second he lost control; it could have happened to anyone. I seriously doubt there was anything premeditated about it and that he actually wanted to hurt someone no more than that teacher who chucked the chair at you.

From what i hear (living 4 miles from the school) the kid was a cheeky fucker who had been on at this teacher for ages, the kid said something and it was the straw that broke the camels back. The teacher threw a weight across at him which caught the fucker in the head and nearly killed him.

I call accidental. Honest judge.

I've heard about 5 totally different versions of "what happened" now :P

News says the boy told him to 'fook off and have another stroke' apparently. Read the boy has been involved with a few other things. Near the end of the report though the boy's 'neighbour' said he was a lovely amazing kid who was always helpful. Like hell he was.

When I was in high school there were a number of kids I would have loved to see get smacked in the head. I'm sure 99.5% of people feel the same about when they were at school, so why be all so pc when it actually happens.

When I was in high school there were a number of kids I would have loved to see get smacked in the head. I'm sure 99.5% of people feel the same about when they were at school, so why be all so pc when it actually happens.

Oh okay, so you're saying that if I want to hit someone in the head...then I just should because hell, it's perfectly okay to do so? Plus, however annoying your pupils are, he's a freaking professional. If he can't deal with shitty kids, then he shouldn't have been teaching in the first place. I mean, I can probably safely say I've been a massive dick towards a number of teachers at some point during my school life, but that in no way makes throwing a weight at me acceptable does it?

Plus, saying "I've seen his picture, I don't care" is such a shit comment. It's lovely that you feel you can judge someone, merely from a picture posted on news websites.

Yes I make that judgement from the picture. And from hearing he maybe told the teacher to go have another stroke. And from the fact he did something that must be bad to cause such a reaction. I didn't say anything is ok, or that anyone should do anything, I just said I don't care. Hippies take a damn break.

Oh okay, so you're saying that if I want to hit someone in the head...then I just should because hell, it's perfectly okay to do so? Plus, however annoying your pupils are, he's a freaking professional. If he can't deal with shitty kids, then he shouldn't have been teaching in the first place. I mean, I can probably safely say I've been a massive dick towards a number of teachers at some point during my school life, but that in no way makes throwing a weight at me acceptable does it?

Plus, saying "I've seen his picture, I don't care" is such a shit comment. It's lovely that you feel you can judge someone, merely from a picture posted on news websites.

He shouldn't have to put up with 'shitty kids' to begin with.

As for the actual news article, I wasn't there, I don't know either, so I'm not picking a side.

Edited by Ramar

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!