N-Europe

What do you think of this letter?

Caris

I have had some real bother with O2 and I am writing a complaint letter to them. I have never wrote a letter and was wondering what you guys thought, if I should add anything etc.

Dear Sir/Madam

I recently returned an iPhone back to the North Shields retail store within my 14 day cooling off period. The reason for this is because it was the second iPhone 3G S that was faulty (unlucky I know). When I went to return the second phone asking for a replacement the lady in the store told me they would have to send it off for repair, Naturally I was not impressed considering the phone cost me £275 and was only a few days old.

I went home that day and phoned Customer Services explaining the situation, the man I spoke to on the phone was very helpful and said that they have to replace the phone saying it was under 14 days as it's law, he also said that the store is breaking the law by refusing to do so and is providing a terrible service as well as a terrible image for O2 which he doesn't want.

I explained that I tried to reason with them but there was no hope and said I would consider ending my contract. I rang up later on and asked about ending my contract, I spoke to a number of people about the issue and got told the follow by different people:

- It would not cost me any money to end my contract, unless I had went over the free minutes and texts I would have nothing to pay (which obviously I hadn't in a few days).

- I would have to pay for the minutes and texts I have used.

- I would have to pay a few days worth of my contract usage.

- Data would be £1 a day maximum.

As you can see it didn't give me a good impression that every person I spoke to gave me a different answer. So I rang up one last time and got through to a pleasant woman who sat down and worked out how much it would cost and said the maximum it would be is £8 (that was for the few days use of my contract). I asked her nicely if she was 110% about this and she said yes.

Now a week after ending my contract I get a bill for £22.91. As you can imagine I am furious, if I knew it would cost near this I wouldn't have ended my contract, the only reason I ended my contract in the first place is because one of your stores was treating me terribly (I actually ended my contract at the O2 store, drove straight to the Carphone Warehouse and took the same iPhone contract out there).

I don't think I should have to pay this bill after a) all the hassle I have been through, b) the fact that the only reason I ended it is cause one of your stores wasn't doing their job properly and c) the fact that when I ended it I got told I would only have to pay a small amount of money if any, not nearly £23.

I am writing to see what you, O2 will do about this. I have been a O2 customer for years and have multiple contracts out with you but after this bother I am very tempted to leave for good. I am still under the 14 day period in my new iPhone contract and to be frank I am think of leaving to go with Vodaphone.

I will look forward to your response and hopefully get this sorted out.

My current mobile number is: "lol i'm not rezourceman" (or you can email me from this address).

Thanks for your time,

Matthew Caris.

Edited by Caris

Looks good, except for all those typing errors, but I'm sure you're cleaning those up, right? Only other plus point woulda been to have names of the people you spoke to, but I guess you don't and you seem to get the point across anyway.

he also said that the store is breaking the law by refusing to do so and is providing a terrible service as well as a terrible image for O2 which he doesn't want.

As you can see it didn't give me a good impression that every person I spoke to gave me a different answer.

I don't think i should have to pay this bill after a) all the hassle I have been through, b) the fact that the only reason I ended it is cause one of your stores wasn't doing their job properly and c) the fact that when I ended it I got told I would only have to pay a small amount of money if any, not nearly £23.

Bolded a few things that I'd change or spelling/grammar errors.

Seems good though, you're getting your point across. Are you actually posting or emailing them it? I'd suggest posting, a good postal letter isn't as easy to ignore as an email.

Now a week after ending my contract I get a bill for £22.91. As you can imagine I am furious, if I knew it would cost near this I wouldn't have ended my contract, the only reason I ended my contract in the first place is because one of your stores was treating me terribly (I actually ended my contract at the O2 store, drove straight to the Carphone Warehouse and took the same iPhone contract there).

A few more corrections. Otherwise a great letter. I hope this works out for you. :)

I recently returned a iPhone back to the North Shields retail store within my 14 day cooling off period. The reason for this is because it was the second iPhone 3G S that was faulty (unlucky I know). When I went to return the second phone asking for a replacement the lady in the store told me they would have to send it off for repair, Naturally I was not impressed considering the phone cost me £275 and was only a few days old.

Just one more correction.

But yeah it seems ok.

I have had some real bother with O2 and I am writing a complaint letter to them. I have never wrote a letter and was wondering what you guys thought, if I should add anything etc.

Hello.

I recently returned a iPhone back to the North Shields retail store within my 14 day cooling off period. The reason for this is because it was the second iPhone 3G S that was faulty (unlucky I know). When I went to return the second phone asking for a replacement the lady in the store told me they would have to send it off for repair, naturally I was not impressed considering the phone cost me £275 and was only a few days old.

I went home that day and phoned Customer Services explaining the situation, the man I spoke to on the phone was very helpful and said that they have to replace the phone saying it was under 14 days as it's law, he also said that the store is breaking the law by refusing to do so and is providing a terrible service as well as a terrible image for O2 which he doesn't want.

I explained that I tried to reason with them but there was no hope and said I would consider ending my contract. I rang up later on and asked about ending my contract, I spoke to a number of people about the issue and got told the follow by different people:

- It would not cost me any money to end my contract, unless I had went over the free minutes and texts I would have nothing to pay (which obviously I hadn't in a few days).

- I would have to pay for the minutes and texts I have used.

- I would have to pay a few days worth of my contract usage.

- Data would be £1 a day maximum.

As you can see it didn't give me a good impression that every person I spoke to gave me a different answer. So I rang up one last time and got through to a pleasant lady who sat down and worked out how much it would cost and said the maximum it would be is £8 (that was for the few days use of my contract). I asked her nicely if she was 110% about this and she said yes.

Now a week after ending my contract I get a bill for £22.91. As you can imagine I am furious, if I knew it would cost near this I wouldn't have ended my contract, the only reason I ended my contract in the first place is because one of your stores was treating me terribly (I actually ended my contract at the O2 store, drove straight to the Carphone Warehouse and took the same iPhone contract out there).

I don't think I should have to pay this bill after a) all the hassle I have been through, b) the fact that the only reason I ended it is cause one of your stores wasn't doing their job properly and c) the fact that when I ended it I got told I would only have to pay a small amount of money if any, not nearly £23.

I am writing to see what you, O2 will do about this. I have been a O2 customer for years and have multiple contracts out with you but after this bother I am very tempted to leave for good. I am still under the 14 day period in my new iPhone contract and to be frank I am think of leaving to go with Vodaphone.

I will look forward to your response and hopefully get this sorted out.

My current mobile number is: "lol i'm not rezourceman" (or you can email me at this address).

Thanks for your time,

Matthew Caris.

Ah, didn't realise you were dyslexic, hope I didn't cause any offense. I think you must have fixed most of them anyway, cos that's all I seem to be able to see now.

You should really have at the beginning

"Dear Sir/Madam" or something like that.

Otherwise its a good read and goes to the point. I left O2 when they wouldn't allow me to re-new my contract and get a new phone because my old N95 decided that it didn't like memory cards and didn't like the camera flash amongst other things. Or even fulfill my contract at all, made me pay near £80+ to end it, of which i cancelled my direct debit before and refused to pay.

Edited by Jimbob

On a similar note (this seemed to be the right place to put it):

My old housemates have moved out of the house I was in. They took over paying Virgin Media for Broadband. However, the account is still in my name, so they asked me to cancel it (we're way past our required contract).

So, I logged on to eBilling. No option there. I tried calling them. Waited ages - no reply (and it cost me a lot). I can't log into My Virgin Media as they have never given me login details (and according to the My Virgin Media password recover, my Account Number doesn't exist).

I put my details into the contact form. They sent me a standard reply and clearly did not even read what I wrote.

So, I currently can't cancel my account. I'm tempted to leave it and let the new tenants deal with it. I've sent them another email, spelling everything out clearly.

Surely if I supply them with all the details they have ever given me and ask them to cancel then they legally can't charge me for any more months after I ask them?

On a similar note (this seemed to be the right place to put it):

My old housemates have moved out of the house I was in. They took over paying Virgin Media for Broadband. However, the account is still in my name, so they asked me to cancel it (we're way past our required contract).

So, I logged on to eBilling. No option there. I tried calling them. Waited ages - no reply (and it cost me a lot). I can't log into My Virgin Media as they have never given me login details (and according to the My Virgin Media password recover, my Account Number doesn't exist).

I put my details into the contact form. They sent me a standard reply and clearly did not even read what I wrote.

So, I currently can't cancel my account. I'm tempted to leave it and let the new tenants deal with it. I've sent them another email, spelling everything out clearly.

Surely if I supply them with all the details they have ever given me and ask them to cancel then they legally can't charge me for any more months after I ask them?

Legally they can't. If you choose to cancel, they can only charge what was agreed in your contract as and when a contract is cancelled. This can be a months rate or something like that.

eesh. this is why i've never been on more than an O2 simplicity contract. (though i'm really tempted by those deals at the carphone warehouse where you get a free ps3 with a £30p/m contract... O____o)

anyhoo! good luck with your letter!