Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Vroom vroom thread

MoogleViper

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost put myself through the windscreen though when I went to press the clutch and hit the brake pedal (it's an auto). Been a long time since I've driven an automatic. Hopefully it will be a long time before I drive another.

I've lost count of the times I've almost gone through the windscreen this week. Seems to me that I smack the brake whenever I'm reversing, I'm so used to controlling a car with the clutch.

I certainly agree on not wanting to drive one for a while. Lotus should be back tomorrow, I can't wait.

Just got back from VW Action.

Had my car on the show and shine field for the first time. I managed to get parked next to another Scirocco. Represent yo.

As I went through the campsite whilst trying to find a space and I got a quite a few admiring stares. Heard the word "Scirocco" mentioned loads. It was great.

On the stand:

P90471312.jpg

More pictures from the show in the Photography Thread.

Is yours the GTX?

It's a GTII/GT2. Basically the poverty spec of the later models (they ditched all the lower specification ones in the 90s, so GTII became the standard model, with the 16v one being the sports option)

My old one was a Scala, which was a limited edition one with colour coded wheels and interior.

As far as I know, both the GTX and the GTII have standard headlights. The early GTi's and all American ones have these headlights:

1974-volkswagen-scirocco--5_460x0w.jpg

Are those the ones you mean? If so, I don't have those headlights. Mine has an aftermarket grille (Kamei. Apparently quite rare), which might be why it looks different, but the lights themselves are standard. These are the standard ones:

vw%20scirocco%20white%20gti%201%20(Custom)%20(2).JPG

Very early ones have the single headlights like the ones on the black car, but those are a custom jobbie on that car.

Fog lights are a mixed bag with Sciroccos. People add them and take them off so much that it's hard to tell what's standard and what's been done aftermarket.

Love Sciroccos very cool motors and one where the modern update actually seems to do job that lives up to the original. I really like the look of yours, muchos respect on that!

Love the pics in the other thread too, I really need to get to some car shows soon.

A cyclist ran a red light this morning and hit my car. Repair estimate is £2' date='000. So angry![/quote']

Would insurance not cover something like that? Or even the cyclist should be paying that? It's a total Americanisation but that is the type of circumstance where you could be suing the cyclist as it wasn't your fault in the slightest - he ran a red light afterall.

I failed my driving test.

I don't really mind, but it's annoying, cause I'd rather have passed (obviously). But other than that, I have no opinion. My big fail was not getting off the bypass on the left properly - I was behind this massive goods lorry thing and so couldn't see ahead, and was just desperately trying to work out what was going on/when I should go off the the left. Then I saw this random road on the left that didn't really look right, but then it actually was, and everyone behind me had already gone in and I was in danger of just flying right past it. I don't feel too bad about it, cause it wasn't like I missed it cause I zoned out or something. I paid so much attention, just didn't understand/my view was blocked earlier.

And I don't know what the markings mean on the kinda results sheet thing, but I got little "1" and a dash for my turn in the road. Feels rude, considering I thought I did that perfectly. Anyway.

Ah sorry to hear that Paj. How long have you been driving/practising now?

I think I sorta just bought my first (second hand) car. My parents and I had been looking around for ages for one, but could never find one inside our budget (the only ones we found were frauds).

Then this weekend a Renault Twingo was posted online for quite cheap (compared to all other cars we've seen). It's not exactly my favourite type of car (basically I think it's kinda ugly haha), but we decided to check it out today anyway. And since it seems in a pretty good state we decided to go for it.

The current owner is going to get it checked out and have a few small things fixed, then hopefully I should have my own car soon. =)

6457922418.jpg

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!