NEurope
Caris

The App Store Thread

Just got Sonic the Hedgehog on my 3GS :D runs really nicely and controls pretty well.

Let's Golf app reduced to 59p for a limited time...

Downloaded it but haven't had the chance to play it yet, but from the reviews its meant to be good (apart from the people 1 starring it cause they are annoyed that they bought it at full price)

I got that a few days ago. It's a good time wasting game especially for that price.

I bought cs.one not too long ago. I saw the Gamebrit review and decided to donwload it.

looks like a lot of apps are dropping their price to 0.59 to get in the top 25....

Hero of Sparta is down to 59p aswell (Think it was originally £5.99?)

Bought it and its a pretty good game (Not worth the 5.99 mind), its basically a poor mans God of War.

(

Graphics are pretty awesome, gameplay is standard hack and slash (With some QTE's for the bigger monsters). Different weapons which each require upgrading, collecting gems to increase health/magic etc

All in all, pretty good purchase for the same price as a can of coke.

Rolando 2 has been confirmed for July 1st - the day before I get some iTunes vouchers for my birthday, so just in time! :D

Rolando 2 has been confirmed for July 1st - the day before I get some iTunes vouchers for my birthday, so just in time! :D

I'm enjoying Rolando, but not sure I want another one. I only play it for 5 minutes every now and then. Not really done all that much of it.

Rolando 2 out now! Just in time for iTunes vouchers I got for my birthday today. :)

Is there an app that lets you create a Wifi hotspot with one button? Like Joikuspot on Symbian.

Award winning JoikuSpot software shares your phone's 3G internet connection over Wifi (WLAN). Connect your laptop to web everywhere using your mobile phone via WiFi. Replace clumsy USB modems and Bluetooth with JoikuSpot software.

http://www.joikushop.com/index.php?action=products&mode=productDetails&product_id=33

I used it all the time on my N95 8GB. There is a free version too. About to buy the Iphone as i am fed up with the HTC Touch HD.

Let me get this right. You can use your iphone to go on the internet on your laptop?!?!

That is amazing. Is it fast? In theory would that mean you wouldn't need a home broadband connection?

Let me get this right. You can use your iphone to go on the internet on your laptop?!?!

That is amazing. Is it fast? In theory would that mean you wouldn't need a home broadband connection?

Um... yeah. It's not exactly a new feature, the first phone i had that could manage this was an N91 about 6 years ago now. The reason why it hasn't replaced broadband is because of cost. Most mobile networks limit your downloads over mobile internet to 512MB/month. They're tolerant about it, i've used a couple of GB before without any trouble. If you used it as your sole internet connection there is a good chance you'd run up enough GBs of downloads to get slapped with a ruddy huge bill.

Get infinite internet useage with iphone monthly deal...

I wouldn't do this, but it's a nice tool to have and would be mega useful. Trains for example....

So can I download this at the app store?

Tethering is a new feature of the new OS 3.0 so you shouldn't need an app for it. Unless O2's not ready for it yet.

Urgh, Google is there for a reason.

It's £15 a month for 3GB from O2.

So you cant do it via making a wifi hotspot?

wire is too oldskool :p

What do you mean? On the iphone deal internet is free.....? I'm confused now!

Tethering isn't included in your unlimited data for your iPhone contract. If you want to use tethering O2 make you pay £15 a month. Which is nice..

Tethering isn't included in your unlimited data for your iPhone contract. If you want to use tethering O2 make you pay £15 a month. Which is nice..

Yeah american smartphones are like this. Lots of dumb restrictions and omissions.

My iphone should be arriving soon so i will have to make do with what i have. Tech wise the 3GS is not exciting, its the software/apps that mainly deliver. Sadly apps cant replace hardware. Will go through this topic and install stuff.

O2 charging for tethering is just greed on their part. It all boils down to data transfer, its acceptable to unlimitedly browse whilst using the iPhone, yet if you want to display the internet, with flash on a computer they think they have the right to charge an additional £15 for 3Gb of data?!?!

Unlimited rarely lives up to its definition but, surely incorporate tethering into o2's fair useage policy and your on to a winner, surpassing competition's standards and winning respect with loyal consumers.

Edited by fex

By O2 charging for tethering is just greed on their part. It all boils down to data transfer, its acceptable to unlimitedly browse whilst using the iPhone, yet if you want to display the internet, with flash on a computer they think they have the right to charge an additional £15 for 3Gb of data?!?!

Unlimited rarely lives up to its definition but, surely incorporate tethering into o2's fair useage policy. And your on to a winner, surpassing competition's standards and winning respect with loyal consumers.

Yes this should definitely be in there. Another thing that should be in there is unlimited texts. I currently have to pay an extra £7 a month to get unlimited texts.

Yeah american smartphones are like this. Lots of dumb restrictions and omissions.

My iphone should be arriving soon so i will have to make do with what i have. Tech wise the 3GS is not exciting, its the software/apps that mainly deliver. Sadly apps cant replace hardware. Will go through this topic and install stuff.

That's the primary reason why I want an iphone. Most of the apps need an internet connection, well most of the good ones, and having an ipod touch is limited to just wifi.

A few more apps I've downloaded recently.

9-Toolbox: Some tools all in one, I'll find a use someday.

Converbot: Convert anything. Also fun to find out how tall you are in Nautical Miles or how heavy you are in Grains. For 59p it's extremely good.

Should i jailbreak it?

I did and haven't regretted it yet. Just be warned; everything goes to hell after every major update. Still haven't re-jailbroken since 3.0 until everything is ironed out.

No point in jail breaking now imo, with 3.0 and the app store there's not much you miss out on.