NEurope
Caris

The App Store Thread

I can highly recommend X2 football. I have only downoaded the lite version because the proper one is 4 quid, but even that is excellent. A training mode with corners, free kicks, free training and penalties, as well as a penalty shoot out competition. Pretty awesome.

59p now and the BEST footy game on the App store. Brilliant title.

Anyone been getting the free hand-me-outs from Apple this week? (The 12 days of Christmas app.)

Yesterday was awesome, free Trivial Pursuit app - which is great and kept our family quizically engaged during a motorway backlog of 1 hour.

Today was a free JLS movie though. Shame, it was good up until that point.

Edited by tapedeck

Yeah, I got Trivial Pursuit yesterday - kept me and my girlfriend busy on a 2 hour car journey. She won though. :(

Downloaded Tap Tap Revenge 3 because The Format and fun. are included, although need to read levels 7 and 13 (respectively) to unlock them and annoyingly it didn't save my level from when I was playing earlier.

Still, not bad and currently free.

59p now and the BEST footy game on the App store. Brilliant title.

Anyone been getting the free hand-me-outs from Apple this week? (The 12 days of Christmas app.)

Yesterday was awesome, free Trivial Pursuit app - which is great and kept our family quizically engaged during a motorway backlog of 1 hour.

Today was a free JLS movie though. Shame, it was good up until that point.

My thoughts exactly. Trivial Pursuit app was loads better than I expected. I thought the iTunes thing would be crap as most free things tend to be but it's actually pretty decent.

I hate JLS but it's at least something than some people would want.

So, I connected my iPod touch to my PS3 over Bluetooth, just to see what would happen, and it seems to see it as an audio input device. I've got new headphones with the microphone, so my iPod can input audio, but, from the iPods end, I can't seem to get it to output to the PS3, even though the PS3 is set to input audio from the iPod. I've done a few searches for Apps that might be able to output audio through bluetooth, with no luck. Has anyone come across an App that will do this (Free, or Paid), or has managed to do this before?

Fifa 10 any good? Avatar any good?

The mere mention of "FIFA" or "film tie-in" combined with "mobile game" means that I can safely say that neither are good.

The mere mention of "FIFA" or "film tie-in" combined with "mobile game" means that I can safely say that neither are good.

Not always so, Fifa may be best football on platform, Avatar got great reviews

Not always so, Fifa may be best football on platform, Avatar got great reviews

The film itself may have done. The game, however, is not good on the consoles. And I doubt it will be any good for iPod. My advice, as well as flameboys if you had even bothered to read above, would be to get x2 football as it is excellent. That or Real Football 2010, although it's not as good in my opinion.

Got x2 footbal demo.... but you can't tell what tackling is like. Avatar is better on iphone apparently

True... but it's only 59p to get the full version, rather than £3.99 for FIFA.

Why are you asking people if you're just going to disregard opinions? If reviews for the games are good and you want them, get them, but if you want opinions, accept them.

To be fair I am acepting these opinions, what I am really looking for is some first hand experience from people that have it, X2 football does look good though

Avatar is OK. FIFA isn't as good as X2 Football. I've played both extensively. FIFA is OK but pales on the pitch in comparison to X2.

Rolando 1/2 and NOVA are my fav iphone/touch games too.

Avatar is OK. FIFA isn't as good as X2 Football. I've played both extensively. FIFA is OK but pales on the pitch in comparison to X2.

Rolando 1/2 and NOVA are my fav iphone/touch games too.

How is X2 defence wise? Controls? What teams do you get? I swear 2010 x2 is out soon as well?

You are tempting me to get this

Just got rolamdo 2 demo, obc had to do an account, love the game so can I transfer my account to the full game?

What the fuck is it with everyone on these fucking forums and the 'use google' post. Its a forum, people ask questions and someone replies. People ask these questions so they can get a bit of info and maybe a little discussion going.

Ok fine, I apologise.

Stuwii, no. Just buy the game, and spend 3 minutes doing the first couple of levels again.

The iphone and the app store in particular is the greatest invention of the past 10 years (okay, possibly 3rd behind DS and Wii ;) ). But it is so good, and I hated the thing at first, but it's completely won me round.

Awesome apps:

- the guardian. yes you have to pay but well worth it... if you like reading news and articles

- Awesome Note. I use normal notes and a separate to-do list app quite a lot; this app is great for everything like that.

- Empire Movie Guide. Every single review they've ever done. Updates quicker than their online site too

- Movie Genie. Pretty much IMDB on your iphone. Which is awesome. I'm on it, which makes it double awesome!!

- Eurosport. Probably the best sports app. Quicker than the Sky Sports one (which is also very good, has a better layout).

- Flixster. I think most people have this. Completely UK-ified now. Awesome cinema and film info app

- Sky Mobile TV. £ months free to have a fair amount of channels on our phone. Awesome. The only REALLY annoying thing is that it only works over wifi. Ridiculous. TV Catchup works perfectly fine on 3G. And Sky Mobile on other phones works okay over 3G. Don't get it!! But still good.

- Spend. Budgeting application if you want to keep track of your finances. I do. Very interesting to see how much I spend on games every month *gulp*

- Tweetie 2. Best Twitter app

Games:

- Beat It! Awesome music game

- Bejeweled 2. Say no more.

- Geared. Great puzzle game

Grooooan.

- Tweetie 2. Best Twitter app

Great post dazzybee. This in particular I agree with.

PopCap games are on sale by the way.

I got Bookworm. I think that's what it's called.

I'm terrible at these kind of games... but it's fun!

Also, a shout-out to my lecturer's and and ex-students iPhone gaaaame.

Brian.

http://www.freshapps.com/brian/

59p and fun.