NEurope
Dannyboy-the-Dane

The Nintendo Mafia: Battle for Nintendo Land

Right, here we go. My first mafia game. I trust you all know the rules. :)

A few pieces of info:

I'm not keen on forcing people to participate. I probably won't kill people off if they don't participate, but naturally I urge you all to participate actively. The game gets so much more fun. :)

I won't be keeping strict time limits on lynching and PM-sending, either, though I won't wait forever for one person. I'll give you all a reasonable amount of time to send in your PMs - after that the next day will start. If discussion dies out in the day phase for a longer period of time, I will end the day.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Onwards with the game!

----------

It was just another quiet and peaceful summer day in Nintendo Land. The Mushroom Kingdom blossomed with all its flowery beauty, Hyrule Market Town buzzed with the voices of busy people, and in the headquarters of the Galactic Federation a joyful mood could be felt as a new partnership with the Cornerian Forces were about to be signed. People gathered to watch the first rounds of this year's F-Zero Grand Prix, all the while a young angel enjoyed the view from heavenly seats. Little did anyone know that the peace was about to be severely disturbed – perhaps for good …

An enormous blast echoed through the whole of Nintendo Land. Everyone's attention quickly turned to the source of the blast, the top of Mount Nintendo, on which a fiery ruin had replaced what had been the official Nintendo HQ mere seconds before. When the rescue team finally arrived, the dead bodies of beloved people like Satoru Iwata, Reggie Fils-Aime and Shigeru Miaymoto were all that met them besides a small letter. The letter was made with cut-out letters from magazines and newspapers and read the following:

We have had enough! We will no longer put up with being treated this way! From this day onwards, we assume control of Nintendo Land, and everybody who tries to stop us will be dealt with swiftly and mercilessly!

Many were scared by the letter and the apparent force of the attackers and dared not protest, but a number of individuals found it impossible to stand by passively. Their sense of righteousness was too strong and thus they each decided to combat this new threat and to restore peace and order to Nintendo Land once again.

Now the fate of Nintendo Land rests in the hands of 20 individuals. Let the battle begin!

----------

Day 1 begins now.

20 players remain. 11 is the majority.

Beggilax

chairdriver

Cube

Dyson

Eenuh

Ellmeister

Gizmo

jayseven

Jonnas

Maase

MadDog

mr-paul

Mundi

Nintendohnut

not_so_tiny

Paj Meen Ah

ReZourceman

Tellyn

Vicar

Zell

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Good luck people!

Vote: No Lynch

Is anyone else thinking from the introduction that the bad guys aren't nintendo characters?

I hate how Day 1 is never actually a day phase, because everyone always just votes no lynch.

Thus, I'm going to vote: MadDog

Completely random selection, really, but think of it this way: It's better to be a lynch target, and to be able to defend yourself and clear yourself as a townie than to get killed by the serial killer.

And plus, seeing how people react to this gives me more info than I'd ever get as a info-gatherer (mostly because I'd invariably get killed before I actually get to do anything :p Oh, BTW, it's probably a bad thing to kill me this game - townies, be ready to avenge my death, it will be ridiculously easy!!)

I hate how Day 1 is never actually a day phase, because everyone always just votes no lynch.

Completely random selection, really, but think of it this way: It's better to be a lynch target, and to be able to defend yourself and clear yourself as a townie than to get killed by the serial killer.

And plus, seeing how people react to this gives me more info than I'd ever get as a info-gatherer (mostly because I'd invariably get killed before I actually get to do anything :p Oh, BTW, it's probably a bad thing to kill me this game - townies, be ready to avenge my death, it will be ridiculously easy!!)

I understand what you're saying. Although I have the feeling this will result in pointless paranoia and dust being thrown in everyone's eyes, I'll give it a shot.

Vote: Beggilax

No Lynch (4): mr-paul, not_so_tiny, Mundi, Ellmeister

MadDog (1): chairdriver

Beggilax (1): Jonnas

11 is the majority.

No Lynch (5): mr-paul, not_so_tiny, Mundi, Ellmeister, jayseven

Beggilax (1): Jonnas

11 is the majority.

I see the first day as "give people a little bit of time to think about what to do on the first night".

Yeah I can see why you would randomly vote for someone, but not enough people are going to follow you in your actions, so there's not much point I guess. We'll just get this first day and night over quickly and hope some info shows up. =)

Vote: No lynch

:S

No Lynch (9): mr-paul, not_so_tiny, Mundi, Ellmeister, jayseven, Cube, Jonnas, Eenuh, MadDog

11 is the majority.

No Lynch (10): mr-paul, not_so_tiny, Mundi, Ellmeister, jayseven, Cube, Jonnas, Eenuh, MadDog, ReZourceman

11 is the majority.

You might as well start sending in your targets for the first night now.

No Lynch (11): mr-paul, not_so_tiny, Mundi, Ellmeister, jayseven, Cube, Jonnas, Eenuh, MadDog, ReZourceman, Vicar

11 is the majority.

Majority has been reached!

----------

And so, after some random accusations and talking back and forth, the town finally decided to call it a day without lynching anyone.

----------

Night 1 begins now.

Send in your targets for the night, folks!

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

What did you use to kill Reggie, a nuclear bomb?

*goes to sleep*

What did you use to kill Reggie, a nuclear bomb?

*goes to sleep*

Nope, it didn't do the trick. I had to mix several milligrams of Chuck Norris' sweat and Jack Bauer's urine to get an explosion powerful enough.

Uh oh, danny; you better watch your back. Nobody takes the piss out of Bauer.

Uh oh, danny; you better watch your back. Nobody takes the piss out of Bauer.

This is so, so brilliant. :bowdown: