N-Europe

Perfect Dark XBLA

Gizmo

I'm getting 4 cheats the "easy" way. As i write/wrote this, PD-Zero is installing on the HDD. When i start PD up, i should get 4 cheats inc "Cloaking Device" and "All Guns"

I don't get how it works though. Got a save file, and the game is installed. But the cheats don't appear in PD at all. Anyone got any clues/ideas for me to try.

Edited by Jimbob

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the cheat for the Psychosis Gun :D Managed to beat Chicago Stealth in under 1:20 on Perfect Agent. The gun is so original, I never actually saw it the first time round. Making enemies kill each other is very amusing, especially when they melee each other.

You know a mission is more than one level though. I did Carringtons Villa because it's only one level for that mission but, for example Datadyne, there's 3 levels. Infiltration, Investigation and Extraction (I think is what they're called).

Don't you have to use the psychosis gun on one of the area 51 levels to get a guard to open the door for you?

I believe so, maybe on Special or Perfect Agent difficulty...

Oh btw, I killed joo! and you... killed me too... a good few times lol was a good match though. :D

Damn my lovely long post went missing in the limbo!

I have trouble remembering a lot of the missions, especially on perfect agent where I obv. didn't spent a great deal of time playing the game. I tend to sit and read the objectives and try and remember... but I've arrived at the point of teh game taht I remember frequently getting confused as the levels get bigger - the air force one crash site, the... pelagus? boat level, etc. Might not be able to 'speed run' through these as I have previously. Once I'm done with the game I'll be going back and thrashing all your times :P

There are a few things that annoy me - where do you see the cheat list in the game? How can you find out the target times, etc? why can't you access solo missions from any computer in the CI!! What are these crowns? I've forgotten where all the cheese is! Why can't I do the simulation duel things? Do I have to finish the training challenges in the room?

That's all for now.

Damn my lovely long post went missing in the limbo!

I have trouble remembering a lot of the missions, especially on perfect agent where I obv. didn't spent a great deal of time playing the game. I tend to sit and read the objectives and try and remember... but I've arrived at the point of teh game taht I remember frequently getting confused as the levels get bigger - the air force one crash site, the... pelagus? boat level, etc. Might not be able to 'speed run' through these as I have previously. Once I'm done with the game I'll be going back and thrashing all your times :P

There are a few things that annoy me - where do you see the cheat list in the game? How can you find out the target times, etc? why can't you access solo missions from any computer in the CI!! What are these crowns? I've forgotten where all the cheese is! Why can't I do the simulation duel things? Do I have to finish the training challenges in the room?

That's all for now.

I think the superadmins have rescued all the missing posts :)

Memories started coming back to me so I managed to do Pelagic fairly speedily straight away. I'm lucky if I get to play this even one a day at the moment :'(

Still think the game hasn't aged THAT badly! I keep pressing in the thumbstick to 'sprint', and half-expect a meleé attack with every weapon...

I bought this game this morning before I headeed off to work. Only played the first level but I'm loving it so far! I only watched my cousin play it on the N64 and I only used to play multiplayer, so it's good to finally own it! I might give it a quick blast when I get home from work.

So, I've never played this before, and judging from the trial, it's something that was great then and is now pretty much just for the fans. Am I right?

Partly right... it still can hold its own as a good game where the single player campaign is concerned because it's still very different to anything else out there currently just like it was at the time of its original release.

The multiplayer on the other hand was ahead of its time, it was built for online before it was really 'possible' in that there was no way it was going to happen on the console it was released on - N64 - but now that it's on a console which has a huge online component, the game is now realising its 'full' potential.

Or to put it really bluntly... It's still really fun to play and the improvements that have been lavished upon it make it a well worthwhile purchase if only to satisfy your curiosity.

So, I've never played this before, and judging from the trial, it's something that was great then and is now pretty much just for the fans. Am I right?

I can't say with certainty, since I am a fan of the original and wouldn't know otherwise, but I have a feeling that's the case. Multiplayer especially, the players you're against are so jerky it's unreal. The missions are still quite fun to figure out though, speed running is great and for a meagre 800 points on XBLA, I'd still buy it.

IT seems I'm pretty bad at Perfect Agent. Then again, I'm taking the game slowly and doing it on each difficulty. And multiplayer is quite distracting.

I have struggled on one or two of the levels on special agent! lol.

I do remember completing everything on perfect agent on the n64... will have to see if i can do it again!