N-Europe

Perfect Dark XBLA

Gizmo

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 10 years old Shorty! :) I fired it up on my N64 last night. Still kick ass in multiplayer luckily though I got owned doing the Perfect Agent missions. I'm going to go with 10th March for release date. Anyone else got any bets.

Edited by ViPeR

They've got until March 21st before Winter ends. So it could be 3rd, 10th or 17th. What's the betting it'll be the 17th.

I was right the first time then. I think they like to take the piss a bit to be honest. So many people quoting it was meant to be out in Winter and they pick the last possible date.

So weird watching that. I kept thinking "go on, meleé that guy, it's faster than reloading!" The slowness of the turning speed might take some time to get re-used to, mind you.

The doors opened pretty quick, yay for good loading times! Might make some of the timed challenges a little easier. More 'hardcore hidden stuff to look for' sounds like good fun. Bring it on!

Looks impressive, brings back so many great memories. I won't be using the "Agent" setting like the dude in the video, will either be "Secret" or "Perfect" upon my play-through(s).

This will be one game i will return to "Multi-Player" often with. And perhaps the "Shooting Range" as well.

I remember spending loads of time in the shooting range, think in the end i golded them all but there was a couple i really struggled with!

That was a good feature of PD, being able to roam around Carrington Institute right from the word "Go". Shooting Range was excellent, there was a "Laptop Gun" glitch where medals were easy to get. Wonder if it will remain in the game??

Am I the only one who'll be starting up the Shooting Range, starting up the throwing knives challenge, blocking the door, and throwing endless knives into the helpless scientist?

I'll be starting the Laptop Gun Challenge just to see if the glitch still works.

You're both wrong i'm afraid :). Most of the weapons were available but only in single player. They also had to be unlocked. The way I remember it the PP7, Klobb, Soviet, DD44, AR33, RCP90, ZMG and D5K were the ones available. Maybe others but I can't remember. Rocket Launcher and the likes weren't in it.

Not even close to most guns. Goldeneye had 40 weapons, PD had about 8 of them. But playing them online sure will be fun. I've heard that Rare have added some extra features, I wonder what those might be.

• 3 weeks later...

This is coming out Wednesday. Couldn't be more looking forward to it. Apparently there are now some secret objectives for each mission which earns you a crown. Get all crowns for an achievement. It's amazing how much games spoonfeed us these days. I tried the Chicago level on my N64 the other month, I couldn't remember what you had to do and just kept failing. Going to hold myself back looking at a walkthrough and do it old school. Really looking forward to the multiplayer, nice simple fun. None of this camping on roofs with sniper rifle shit you get these days. People will actually have to have a proper gunfight!

For anyone wanting this like... right now, it may not be on the Xbox console marketplace but it's up on the PC marketplace, while it says the full game is there it will only give you an option to redeem code however you can download the trial game - which I'm doing now - and presumably unlock the full game from there once it's downloaded. :)

Just thought I'd let you know for anyone fed up of waiting, oh btw it needs to be done on the United States International locale on the website because it isn't up on the UK one yet.