NEurope

GT5 has just turned up! I'm gonna install this bad boy right now :bouncy:

It's been patched already v1.01 is 133MB and thats before you do the massive install!

My copy is not even packing... Shit! WTF.

BestBuy have relaunced their deals offline and online. £47.99 for Collectors and £29.99 for the standard. So I might walk in tommorow and grab it. Or order from shopto and save the hassle.

Ebuyer doing a PS3 Slim console special for £159.99 at 11am. For those of you interested in a system.

http://www.ebuyer.com/lunchtime-special?hpb=1

Updated UK Launch day deals:

HMV: £37.91 Preorder cars: Audi R10 Tdi Stealth Model and the Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model. Also special ,'Trade in F1 2010 for £5 GT5 offer'. Also many stores open for Midnight launch.

Play.com : £37.99 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Stealth Model, Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model

Amazon.co.uk : £37.46 no more bonus (Maxda 787b and MClaren F1 gone)

Shopto.net : £34.85 , already Despatching. + Competition draw for Supercar experience.

BestBuy(online + instore): £ 29.99

Collector's and Signature Editions:

Game, Gameplay and Gamestation: £129.99 Exclusive Signature Edition.

Play.com and Amazon.co.uk: £59.99 Collector's edition.

Best Buy(online and instore): £47.99 Collector's Edition.

Note: Stealth Cars have performance enhancements. e.g Carbon Fibre added to bodies. The chrome line cars dont.

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

I got a voucher in the post from Blockbuster yesterday, it's only gonna cost me £32.99. :D

I got a voucher in the post from Blockbuster yesterday, it's only gonna cost me £32.99. :D

£29.99 at Bestbuy :p

Gah! All gone before I could get one (I tried at around 6 mins past).

I had it my basket and it vanished at checkout...

Thats how much it cos me from shopto - I preordered it last year!

Done a few of the licences, then a spot of karting and just done some Nascar - great game, seriously tempted to get a wheel now!

Oh if any of you lot have any trouble with the game freezing for a few minutes at a time and you get a connection error - just sign out of PSN and play offline the servers seem to be up and down at the moment.

Nice one Cooky! :)

Reallllly want to go to a midnight launch, have to see if i can recruit someone to come with me :heh:.

List of GAME stores opening at midnight

@Choze. Is there a list of HMV stores that are opening?

Cant find a list on the website but several in London are. My local HMV has a notice just outside the door. mentioning the midnight opening and pre order bonus.

Gamestation or GAME will do midnight openings. Usually one or the other in an area. 24/7 Supermarkets are open ofcourse. Supposedly some Blockbuster. Gtplanet is a nightmare right now between US shops , Australia etc. Cant tell.

Argh! Can't wait another 10 hours! Maybe more if i don't go to a midnight launch! :bouncy:

I might just have to wait for tomorrow. My order is now tracking but at the National Hub.

Might be better if I get a good night's rest and sleep rather than go to HMV in the cold. Lets see. I am thinking I can use the stealth cars? I recall HMV charge more at the store though.

Best Buy still have the Collector's edition up £47.99 Standard is sold out online.

http://www.bestbuyentertainment.co.uk/games/platforms/ps3/gran-turismo-5-collector-s-edition/10289804.html

Also the game bit(second half) of the GT5 Japanese intro. Much better than the EU and US versions. Its pretty clear it was butchered by Sony marketing probably.

It's here and it's nearly installed on the hard drive. :bouncy:

Put your PSN ID in your profile please!

If you got the game today and are having problems and didn't read my earlier post:

Noticed a few posts saying they're having issues with being:

1) Stuck on the Gran Turismo 5 Logo screen and the game not doing anything

2) Cursor disappearing

These are both caused by the game trying to access the Online Servers, the game hasn't crashed, it's just gives itself a long long time to connect to servers.

To fix this, Either sign out of PSN, I've heard this worked, or just disable your PS3's Internet under "Network Settings" on the XMB.

This issue will probably be gone later today, or tomorrow, when the servers are up, but it's still nice to play while the game is in our hands

Edited by Cookyman

Can't go to midnight launch, not too bothered, it's freezing out there. :eek:

HMV opens 9am tomorrow, will be getting there as early as possible. :)

Probably sameish. Though I can probably take the car. I am really tired today and will probably fall asleep at about 10pm.

Wow. Proof that I've not been keeping up with the gaming world enough recently: I didn't even know this had a release date, nevermind actually being out.

You did hear, that Duke Nukem Forever is again in development and will be out next year though, didn't you? ;)

lol. Time well spent imo.

Looks like GT5 has a RPG style leveling system. Races and the handling get more complex as you go up. Starts off super easy.

No one has got the X1 yet. So game length is looking very good :p

I dont want to go out in the cold. :(

Been reading some disappointing comments from various people about this. Does anyone who has the game care to comment on how it is so far?

I've only been looking forward to this for about a week or so, so the "I've waited X years to play this, what a disappointment" opinion won't apply to me. I just want a game that's like Forza in terms of driving experience, but with more cars and a better career mode (none of that "here are some recommended races" crap. I want to be able to access my own shit thank you very much).

I also read that you can customize the cars appearance, apart from the wheels. Sounds retarded to me. Will probably be patched though at some point. I miss when games came out finished.

Edit: Literally as I clicked post, an email arrived saying my copy has been dispatched. Win.

I miss when games came out finished.

I assume you're joking with this sentiment?

I assume you're joking with this sentiment?

Well not really. It just seems like game developers have a "Ah fuck it, we'll patch it later" mentality nowadays. I'm not saying that it's the case with GT5, but a lot of games this generation seem buggy as fuck (Fable 2's game breaking bug and Fallout New Vegas spring to mind) and rely on patches to fix them. I know previous generations had their buggy games, but it just seems like there's more now.

I'm sure these older games would've had patches post-release if they were available to the developers back then. I know what you mean though, it's just that in the case of GT5, they've kept delaying it so as to try and ensure there weren't problems. The amount they've tried to cram into it is insane, so I think it seems harsh to criticise Polophony over an issue such as this.

Well not really. It just seems like game developers have a "Ah fuck it, we'll patch it later" mentality nowadays. I'm not saying that it's the case with GT5, but a lot of games this generation seem buggy as fuck (Fable 2's game breaking bug and Fallout New Vegas spring to mind) and rely on patches to fix them. I know previous generations had their buggy games, but it just seems like there's more now.

Its not a bug. Its just not there. Pretty sure you cant draw on the cars or anything either, its just paint colour.

Games like COD:Black Ops(PC and PS3) or NFS Shift are good examples of incomplete games imo. Broken and untested. Imagine the face of someone who brought a pc with a quad core cpu, 8gb ram a 2gb ram graphics card only to find the game has slowdown because of 'memory optimisation' issues with no fix in sight because its a yearly(or two per year) update for a franchise.

RXev6.jpg

5201225019_6b722875bc_b.jpg

Just so people know. The second hand cars rotate. So keep checking for good deals. I will join everyone in the morning. Tired so I think I am making the right choice :)

Right, been playing this for about 9 hours now, all but super license done, level 13, 25% race completion apparently.

It's good so far, the difficulty scales well for the most part, controls seem all good (controller), the premium cars are awesome with the extra cockpit view with fully controllable windscreen wipers and full-beam on your headlights. It's just what you'd expect i suppose.

My only complaints are:

- The music isn't as good as the others, it's okay but don't expect any Feeder as sadly there is none :(

- The first half of the opening fmv, the music is terrible and it's quite boring for a bit (hardly matters though i know, nitpicking)

- The levelling, while not bad, hinders progress, i have all but 1 license done and i can't do the last one yet, a bit annoying

- The licenses are a pain in the arse and by that i mean the 10th (last) bit of each license which usually pits you in a multi-lap race with other cars. You can't go off course, you can't run into them which means if they suddenly break you can get disqualified and the biggest problem is that if you overtake someone and they run into YOU hard enough, you still get disqualified! Without a word of a lie, the last race on the international A license must have taken me between 30-40 tries before i got it right, which doesn't help when it's a hard to control car. Bloody AI.

But i'm enjoying it, the variety in the used car shop is amazing and it changes with time and the tuning is as good as ever.

The only thing i'm unclear on is if you can re-obtain unlock cars, it doesn't look like you can but i'm not sure. One thing i do know though, is you can't abuse the 'special races' to get your cash up quick, they won't give out a reward twice.

@ Cooky: I did read your post and hence i've played it all day offline, the servers been undergoing maintenance anyway, no freezes offline :)

I'll put my psn id up later though probably won't play it online for a while yet.

Current cars in use:

- Fully tuned Ford Focus ST

- Fully tuned Mitsubishi 3000 GT (had to buy it, nostalgia from GT2)

- BMW M3

Edit: Oh and even though i installed to the hard drive beforehand, it's still installing in segments whilst playing. Not sure if that's supposed to happen ::shrug:

Edited by Arnieboy