NEurope

^^ They are just wonderful.

Can't wait to get some N-E races going! Going to be awesome. Most of us have wheels don't we? Me, ShavenWolf, Choze(looking to buy?), who else?

I think that online + wheels + karting is going to be epic, EPIC win.

I need to add some N-E peeps to my PSN account... take a guess as to what my username is if you want to add me!

(Not hard really seeing as it's just on the left...)

Edited by ShavenWolf

I think it's one of the better ones. G25/G27 are the best ones, but they're mega expensive. I've got One of these and it's amazing on F1 2010 and GT5:P.

^^ They are just wonderful.

Can't wait to get some N-E races going! Going to be awesome. Most of us have wheels don't we? Me, ShavenWolf, Choze(looking to buy?), who else?

Got the game on preorder and will be getting a wheel next payday (27th ish)

<----PSN for those interested.

Kart racing should be a good start to things. Works in Course creator too. The Daytona Oval track and very fast cars are also fun for beginners. Not sure how B-spec mode will be but we can even play via browsers lol.

If I've got the money, I might buy one.

Is the GT one good enough?

The GT one is the best for a cheapo wheel. The wheel itself is not too different from the G25/27. But its not obviously a complete package like the G27/25.

Just to go over last minute preorder deals: game is out Wednesday 24th.

Preorder bonuses:

HMV: £37.91 Preorder cars: Audi R10 Tdi Stealth Model and the Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model. Also special ,'Trade in F1 2010 for £5 GT5 offer'. Also many stores open for Midnight launch.

Play.com : £37.99 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Stealth Model, Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model

Amazon.co.uk : £37.46 no more bonus (Maxda 787b and MClaren F1 gone)

Shopto.net : £34.85 , already Despatching. + Competition draw for Supercar experience.

BestBuy(online + instore): £ 29.99

Collector's and Signature Editions:

Game, Gameplay and Gamestation: £129.99 Exclusive Signature Edition.

Play.com and Amazon.co.uk: £59.99 Collector's edition.

Best Buy(online and instore): £47.99 Collector's Edition.

Note: Stealth Cars have performance enhancements. e.g Carbon Fibre added to bodies.

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

I've never played a serious racing simulator with a wheel. To throw out the most stupid and obvious question, how does it compare to real driving? I tend to suck at games like Forza using a pad, but maybe with an accelerator/gearstick I could get more into it.

I've never played a serious racing simulator with a wheel. To throw out the most stupid and obvious question, how does it compare to real driving? I tend to suck at games like Forza using a pad, but maybe with an accelerator/gearstick I could get more into it.

I've not driven since passing my test 2 years ago, so I can't really say what it's like compared to real driving. I can tell you that it makes the game so much more immersive (force feedback is awesome), more fun and, given an hour or so to get used to it, it's much more easier and precise than a joypad.

Seriously considering getting that £80 racing wheel on payday. Will have to see how good it is with just the controller, been so many years since i last played a Gran Turismo game.

Making a comparison to real driving is impossible for us, since none of us have been racing for long enough to know all the subtleties of a race car.

What I can do though is compare a simulation game with a pad to one with a wheel. I played Forza 3 with a pad for ages, got bored of it and moved on. Never really gripped me. When I got my wheel, I played NFS Shift and couldn't get on with it. Once I got fed up with Shift, I tried the wheel with Forza. It was amazing. Wheels are made for simulation games and simulation games are made for wheels. Anything else is a compromise.

Sure, it's completely possible to enjoy a simulation game with a pad, but it just seems odd to me that someone would buy a game that is clearly a realistic simulation (thus wanting a realistic experience), but not want to play it with realistic controls.

Oh and some advice for people who have never owned/used a wheel: Stick with it. It does take ages to get used to it and it does seem like you'll never get the hang of it in the early stages, you'll probably even hate it for a while, but you will get used to it eventually and you'll love it.

Edited by Goafer

I guess because simulators on consoles retain a lot of 'game-related' features.

I cannot afford any games right now, but if I could get this I'd be right on it. It's going to be insane.

I'm definitely getting this but whether it's this week at release or a little down the line I don't know. Will have to see how much money I have.

The only thing that is bothering me is the install. You can either do a small 256Mb install or do a full 10Gb install which takes an hour. Obviously, the game will load much quicker in the latter option but I don't know whether to wait to here what reviews and you guys say about the necessary install to see which one to go with. I've got enough space on my harddrive, I presume, to do a full install but it's just that I have no idea how much space I have in total on it. If anyone can tell me where to go to find out how much space I have, I'd be grateful as my PS3 didn't come with a manual (was second hand)

I'm definitely getting this but whether it's this week at release or a little down the line I don't know. Will have to see how much money I have.

The only thing that is bothering me is the install. You can either do a small 256Mb install or do a full 10Gb install which takes an hour. Obviously, the game will load much quicker in the latter option but I don't know whether to wait to here what reviews and you guys say about the necessary install to see which one to go with. I've got enough space on my harddrive, I presume, to do a full install but it's just that I have no idea how much space I have in total on it. If anyone can tell me where to go to find out how much space I have, I'd be grateful as my PS3 didn't come with a manual (was second hand)

The game has another option where it installs in the background. So it wont waste your time.

For total HDD space its in system settings.

I've seen people over a GTPlanet say it's 45 mins, which isn't too bad. I'm going to try and get to HMV for opening, come home, install it while i get breakfast. All set :)

Wtf!!!!!

Good job ive got a big hard drive for whenever i buy it......

Wtf!!!!!

Good job ive got a big hard drive for whenever i buy it......

Indeed. I'm glad I upgraded my HD. Checked today and I still have 200gb free. Should do nicely!

10gb is a bit silly though. At least it's optional.

Indeed. I'm glad I upgraded my HD. Checked today and I still have 200gb free. Should do nicely!

10gb is a bit silly though. At least it's optional.

Just checked mine and ive got 239GB free, so glad i invested in a bigger HDD now, i think i would have cried if i stuck with my standard 40GB HDD!!

But yeah least it is optional (although as mentioned above it will be interesting how much difference it will make as it may be 'needed' for the gaming experience etc).

I got my 120GB Slim Christmas last year, and i think it's only half full. So I've got plenty of space.

The game has another option where it installs in the background. So it wont waste your time.

For total HDD space its in system settings.

Thank you. I've still got the standard 40Gb harddrive which is why I was asking. I know I have MGS4 installed (don't know how much though) on it and several other games which have had some considerable installs. Should probably look into upgrading but I don't have the time to figure out how to actually remove and then install the harddrive as well as carry over my save files and such.

Before thinking about upgrading/backup go to 'game data' under Game. Check how much space games are taking and just delete some install files. GT5 only requires 256mb but you may want extra space for things like GT TV or replays etc.