Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Retro_Link

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't get why everyone is so excited about this game! Its just the same but with yoshi, big deal. And how many times can you fight the same bosses. I hope this isn't the start of identical sequels for nintendo.

I get that, but when you've just had an extra over-the-top chocalate-fudge cake, wouldn't you like to try another one very soon with more, creamier, fudge and sprinkles on it:love:

I really don't get why everyone is so excited about this game! Its just the same but with yoshi, big deal. And how many times can you fight the same bosses. I hope this isn't the start of identical sequels for nintendo.

Really? I must have missed the big dual dragon boss and the boss you have to whip Bullet Bills at in Mario Galaxy

More of one of the finest games every created?

Yes please.

everyone thinks that until they play the game and get bored because it's more of the same.

Happened to me with metroid prime 2 echoes. and again with 3.

I hope there is enough new shit to justify this bar yoshi.

That sound like an issue you have rather than the games themselves... all three of the games you mention are among the finest ever created and have wonds tons of critical acclaim.

At the end of the day it's mario... you know what you are getting... the delight of mario galaxy it the way they play with the mechanics.

That sound like an issue you have rather than the games themselves... all three of the games you mention are among the finest ever created and have wonds tons of critical acclaim.

At the end of the day it's mario... you know what you are getting... the delight of mario galaxy it the way they play with the mechanics.

but it looks VERY similiar. More similiar than echoes to prime ever could be.

I dunno I like my originality in games but you're right it's probably something with me rather than everyone else.

Because this isn't 1996.

not every game requires it you know. But yes this one needs it as it's based in space and what not.

Edited by mcj metroid
Automerged Doublepost

not every game requires it you know. But yes this one needs it as it's based in space and what not.

The game doesn't particularly need it. It should simply be expected to have orchestral music because of the obvious success the first one had with it.

And regarding midi music. It's not a problem with midi itself. It's simply that lately music that Nintendo has done using midi on a console game has been pretty poor.

Im so hyped for this game! The original is my favourite Wii game and looking at all the new screens and especially the new trailer I just can't wait.

Oh and I know most people hate Pinata's but its nice to see them in atleast one level :D

Galaxy 2 really seems to be bursting with Mario goodness from the entire series. From thwomps to the actual music, it's just all looking (and sounding) immense.

The game doesn't particularly need it. It should simply be expected to have orchestral music because of the obvious success the first one had with it.

And regarding midi music. It's not a problem with midi itself. It's simply that lately music that Nintendo has done using midi on a console game has been pretty poor.

The only game I agree with you there on is Wii Music

I get that, but when you've just had an extra over-the-top chocalate-fudge cake, wouldn't you like to try another one very soon with more, creamier, fudge and sprinkles on it:love:

Yeah, exactly. When Nintendo "knocks one out of the park", it makes sense to do a same-engine sequel. They did this with Ocarina of Time and Metroid Prime and now this. If there's one other game I'd have liked them to do a direct sequel to on the same console, it would have been Wind Waker, but that's hindsight!

As for Galaxy 2, the images are stunning, including the potential cover art. Absolutely spectacular!

I'm not saying they should (I can't decide myself if I like the idea), but would anyone like a few other little cameos in the game from charactes such as Wario and Donkey Kong... the slightly expanded Mario Universe?

I'm not saying include everyone (as you see in Mario Kart/Party), but I quite like the idea especially of a Donkey Kong boss fight in space (complete with Queen Bee fur effects)!!

The boss fight could perhaps pay homage to Donkey Kong arcade, with him (being Bowser esque size, or a tad bigger) maybe standing on a giant Barrel in the centre, with smaller floating barrels/girders gravitating around it!

DonkeyKong.jpg

I'm not saying they should (I can't decide myself if I like the idea), but would anyone like a few other little cameos in the game from charactes such as Wario and Donkey Kong... the slightly expanded Mario Universe?

I agree. That's one of my favourite things in games, when characters you remember pop up, such as Octoroks in the original Mario Galaxy. Makes the Nintendo universe seem more believable.

Plus, EAD Tokyo arguably has Nintendo's best artists, as they always make the characters look like they're meant to, whether that's from Mario, Donkey Kong or Zelda.

Tbh I'd quite like to see DK as the main villian in this!

We've just had a story centered around Bowsers plans... be nice if they mixed things up a bit for the sequel!

Bowser could always turn up right at the end (having watched DK do all the hard work) and steal the kingdom away from Donkey Kong!

Edited by Retro_Link

The only games in which DK is still a bad guy are the Mario VS Donkey Kong games.....

How on earth is it possible that the first villian in a Mario game has gone soft? I mean, in practically all the Mario spin-off games Bowser is the one to defeat, where as DK has become an ally or something.....

HE'S A HUGE APE AND HE'S HUNGRY FOR MEAT! PLUMBER MEAT!

Tbh I'd quite like to see DK as the main villian in this!

We've just had a story centered around Bowsers plans... be nice if they mixed things up a bit for the sequel!

Bowser could always turn up right at the end (having watched DK do all the hard work) and steal the kingdom away from Donkey Kong!

And bring back Pauline! :hehe:

6901p2.jpg

This cover art is cool and all, but I prefered the darker colours used in the first one. This abundance of light blue reminds me too much of a tropical island (i.e. Sunshine).

I do like the Mario drawing though, if you notice his face, he looks a lot younger here than he does in the first one's cover.

I understand we can't have two similar cases, but I just don't really want to feel a Sunshine vibe, which is what this cover gives me.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter to me, what does matter is that I have to replay SMG before June. :) And it'll be the first time I'll play it since I bought an HDTV and component cables. :awesome:

This cover art is cool and all, but I prefered the darker colours used in the first one. This abundance of light blue reminds me too much of a tropical island (i.e. Sunshine).

I do like the Mario drawing though, if you notice his face, he looks a lot younger here than he does in the first one's cover.

I understand we can't have two similar cases, but I just don't really want to feel a Sunshine vibe, which is what this cover gives me.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter to me, what does matter is that I have to replay SMG before June. :) And it'll be the first time I'll play it since I bought an HDTV and component cables. :awesome:

I agree all the light blue gives it a very Sunshine vibe compared to the first one, and I prefer the darker shades of the original as well. But this looks quite fresh I think. I also think we may be seeing more galaxies that are at atmosphere/cloud level than we did in Galaxy 1, maybe that's the reason for the design of this cover.

U R MILY just doesn't read as well as UR MR GAY from the original title. Surely someone will sort out this crazy homophobic cover!

U R MI ALY = You are my ally; in reference to Yoshi

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!