NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Galaxy 2

U R MI ALY = You are my ally; in reference to Yoshi

So, for buying the original u r mr gay and for buying this u r my 'ally'.

It could be Nintendo's new super happy happy gay stance on gaming?

Well spotted though! : peace:

U R MILY just doesn't read as well as UR MR GAY from the original title. Surely someone will sort out this crazy homophobic cover!

Psychic. :bowdown:

I was just mentioning this to / nando / about an hour ago on MSN. We theorised that:

a) Mily is some slang word for gay that we haven't heard of.

b) Nintendo have got Ms Cyrus to do the theme song for Galaxy 2, seeing as Leona Lewis had already been signed up for Final Fantasy XIII.

:laughing:

If thats the cover for the game, it does look pretty good. But it could do with some work to make it look "less gay".

It's not. It's a mockup, IGN, being the retards they are, have been reporting it as official.

http://delfosgate.tumblr.com/post/412514334/here-is-my-box-arted-version-of-mario-galaxy-2-for

Are you joking? Of course it's not a fan-made mock-up, look at it, the quality is unbelievable, it's obviously official and the fact that it resembles Galaxy 1's style, means it's without a doubt the official box art for Galaxy 2.

It's the real deal, that guy just added a Wii and Nintendo logo to it.

Are you joking? Of course it's not a fan-made mock-up, look at it, the quality is unbelievable, it's obviously official and the fact that it resembles Galaxy 1's style, means it's without a doubt the official box art for Galaxy 2.

It's the real deal, that guy just added a Wii and Nintendo logo to it.

Before the first one came out, you had these ones flying around:

uyagk.jpg

12671_super_mario_galaxy.png

So slow down a bit on "without a doubt", it can change until May.

Seeing each and everyone on of the images on the "boxart" have been taken from publicly released images, I'd say it's a mock up.

Seeing each and everyone on of the images on the "boxart" have been taken from publicly released images, I'd say it's a mock up.

Then you are clueless. Totally and utterly.

It couldn't any more obvious that it's the official box art. The style is identical to the first, and the quality is flawless. It's in high resolution and was on the IGN site at the same time as the other images were released.

Of course it's the official cover.

OMG IT IS BLATES FAKE - DUH.
OMG HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?! OBVS REAL!

I don't care which of you is right but I can't wait to hear the backtracking from whoever turns out to be wrong!

I don't care which of you is right but I can't wait to hear the backtracking from whoever turns out to be wrong!

Don't worry, I've already got my excuse worked out.

"My mother died in a freak blimping accident and I was forced to make some irrational decisions."

Its gonna take backtracking of the Metroid scale.

Don't worry, I've already got my excuse worked out.

"My mother died in a freak blimping accident and I was forced to make some irrational decisions."

:laughing:

Are you joking? Of course it's not a fan-made mock-up, look at it, the quality is unbelievable, it's obviously official

the same could have been said about

picture2hd.png

but nope, we got

13600.jpg

and

metroid-prime-trilogy-europe-box-art.jpg

but nope, we got

Metroid_Prime_Trilogy.jpg

and

31219_new_super_mario_bros_wii-v3.png

but nope, we got

new-super-mario-bros-wii-box-front-cover.jpg

and

16824_the_legend_of_zelda_twilight_princess.png

but nope, we got

wii_zelda_twilight.jpg

fact is, 9.99 times out of 10, fan art beats the shit out of whatever nintendo decides to settle on. i wouldnt be one bit surprised if the Mario Galaxy 2 box art looked something like this

super-mario-galaxy-2-cover2.jpg

Edited by or else you will DIE

fact is, 9.99 times out of 10, fan art beats the shit out of whatever nintendo decides to settle on. i wouldnt be one bit surprised if the Mario Galaxy 2 box art looked something like this

Very true but its not just Nintendo. Most developers/publishers ( not sure who decides them ) make questionable decisions when it comes to boxarts, the most recent example being Yakuza 3 for PS3. All they really need to do is announce the game, show a few screens and art and let Gaf do the rest for them. :D

Are people arguing over whether that will be the final box art or if the picture itself is a mock up?

The image itself is 100% official artwork, whether it will be the final boxart is another matter, although the fact that it is a very similar style to the the first Mario Galaxy box art I reckon there is a very good chance that this'll be it.

I have 0% knowledge on the matter but I don't think that will be the boxart.

or else you will DIE, no those all look like fan art.

Are people arguing over whether that will be the final box art or if the picture itself is a mock up?

The image itself is 100% official artwork, whether it will be the final boxart is another matter, although the fact that it is a very similar style to the the first Mario Galaxy box art I reckon there is a very good chance that this'll be it.

Exactly.

I have 0% knowledge on the matter but I don't think that will be the boxart.

Why? Because it looks identical in style to Galaxy 1's boxart? That makes perfect sense.....

Edited by Ronnie

a) Mily is some slang word for gay that we haven't heard of.

Male I'd Like to....Yank?

People have shown you that there's no evidence as to this being so obviously the official boxart of Galaxy2. It is official art, but not necessarily the boxart.

Why? Because it looks identical in style to Galaxy 1's boxart? That makes perfect sense.....

Not sure why you're getting so touchy. No that wasn't why, I just have the feeling. It doesn't seem all professional.

So, because it is close/identical to the style of Mario Galaxy's boxart, it has to be the official one? Could it just be that it is a mock-up but done in a similar style to the boxart that we did get with the first game? It hardly matters anyway. Look at that Mario Kart boxart we did get...and we all still bought it anyway. :heh:

Also, that Twilight Princess artwork is a bit nicer in my opinion to the one we received. I think it suits the feel of the game quite well.

boxes, boxes, boxes. Lets talk about the covers on books than what contains inside these books because the covers of books that really matter. ¬_¬