NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Galaxy 2

We just keep on getting new, breath-taking levels thick and fast then I don't think there's much reason to complain. Sure you're missing plot but when has the plot in a (platforming) Mario game ever been more enjoyable than the gameplay. I think Shigsy's has been very smart in removing it.

Ah! I was wrong!

Well...that was because My mother died in a freak blimping accident and I was forced to make some irrational decisions.

Good of you to admit that, the former anyway!

It was fairly obvious.

Nintendo are releasing alot of new trailers today.

Rock Mario (Zelda MM Goron) :D

Edited by Dante

NEW TRAILER!!!

Amazing.

The hub looks fine, nice and zippy.

Edited by darksnowman

A ship planet thing designed on your own face. And people say I'm a narcissist.

Is Spring Mario confirmed? I hope not. It was a right cunt.

Looks like I was right with the Mario world being a small hub world with the navigation being the world map

NEW TRAILER!!!

Jaw dropping. :love:

Can 2010 for the Nintendo fan get any better!? Sooooo much awesomeness, :o especially with everything that we're getting pre E3.

Jaw dropping. :love:

Can 2010 for the Nintendo fan get any better!? Sooooo much awesomeness, :o especially with everything that we're getting pre E3.

2 words: Pink Fudge.

You all know it, we're in the need for a serious 4 player online co-op kirby game:DWeel, not too serious of course, it's still pink fudge:hug:

Looks like I was right with the Mario world being a small hub world with the navigation being the world map

www.destructoid.com hands-on

Right away, I was initially shown the new hub world of Super Mario Galaxy 2. Contrary to some initial reports, there is in fact a hub world. This ties into the story of the game, which Nintendo is still declining to comment upon. While not exactly the sprawling ship of the first game, this one is in fact a grassy planetoid ship shaped like Mario's head. You'll apparently be unlocking things on this ship as you progress, and the ship changes as you play. However, you must actually travel to the game's levels yourself using the ship, so that's where the level select comes in. It's basically a space version of the Mario overworlds we've played for twenty years, only instead of Mario walking form point to point, he flies this ship.

If Nintendo give Galaxy 2 the treatment like they gave to Super Mario World in terms of going to another level then I will be one happy person ^^

Too this day I think Super Mario World had the best layout of all.

166.jpg

ya but moving around it was a bit slow.

Ya no hub world is a little disappointing.. it's pretty clear they are taking a look at the sales of new super mario bros and super mario galaxy and saying..

"what is turning people off!?"

and they opted for this decision.

I'm in 2 ways about the decision but in the end the hub of super mario 64 was magical and the best of any mario game ever.

from destructoid:

Unfortunately, there's no word on the Spring Mario power-up's return.

thank god for that.:)

No!!! The ball thing is back...

But rock Mario!!!:yay: Soon, he'll be like Arceus: able to turn into any pokemon type. :heh: He can already be normal, fire, ice, water (frog or with FLUDD), steel, bug (bee), flying, ghost and fighting (hammer bros suit :laughing:). Now he need a mole suit to be ground-type.:woops:

Damn, them ball levels were so hard! and... THE BALL IS BACK D:

I like the ball levels. Actually required a bit of concentration and the controls worked well.

Music drove me nuts though. Yes it's nice it changed with speed, but the composition was ass.

How out of place does that orange Luma look in the logo! Talk about fugly. Sorry graphic designer speaking here.

Anyway trailer looks good. Pleased to the see the ball levels return, they were great. And Rock Mario eh, looks cool.

Oddly enough I prefered the MIDI theme music from the first trailer, as opposed to this orchestrated version but oh well.

To be fair, I think that was a fairly obvious assumption. I'm really pleased though about the news that there'll be things to do on it and that it will change as the game goes on. The map screen is basically like an observatory display from Galaxy 1.

Goron mask lives on

Morph Ball Mario more like it. ;)

IGN have some new Hands-on Impressions

But instead of selecting the galaxy from the observatory overworld like in the original game, you're instead working through a very, very familiar world and level tree that feels much more at home in a Mario game. You know the type: the world map that's been in 2D Mario games since Super Mario Bros. 3? Well, that's how you work through the levels in Super Mario Galaxy 2. But there's a twist.

Nintendo showed off "Starship Mario," a large Mario Face planetoid (a version which is seen in past trailers and screenshots) that Mario can explore and chat with Toads and Lumas scattered all over Mario's enormous noggin. This is what will carry you from World to World, from Galaxy to Galaxy. You can visit Starship Mario at any time for power-ups and 1ups, and the galaxy you're in will be reflected in the themed background of Starship Mario. Nintendo didn't show off everything about this personal planet, so there will definitely be more to talk about on our next hands-on.

Spring Mario was fantastic. Even my youngest can handle him just fine. You're just a bunch of cack-handed twats, and I claim my five pounds!

:D

Great trailer. Really looks the biz. I'm gonna get this, even though it does indeed look like more of the same with the extra bits on.

Man, they're really going all out in this sequel. So much damn innovation. Definitely not a half assed sequel here! :)

My mate works on the post production of all the Nintendo adverts. He's just finished editing the cinema trailer for this game that is going to go out with Prince of Persia movie. So Nintendo are advertising it big.

He's already finished Sin and Punishment TV trailer and is just about to crack on with WarioWare DIY. They've also done Monster Hunter Tri so Nintendo themselevs will be advertising this game which is good news.

He also said Nintendo were insanely picky, ridiculously so. They spent many many many thousands on an advert which they pulled the plug on last minute because a girl (member of the public) wasn't wearing the right clothes... Why they didn't just cut her I have no idea....

I read this idea on Gaf and I love it!

You know, im seeing the head joining with a giant Mario body, and in one of the last stages fighting with a giant mecha bowser boss controlled by Bowser junior.

It would make for one epic showdown. :D

so we're not going to get an ant and dec "OOOO I LOV DAT MARIO ME" advert?

Not once have I heard them say that.