N-Europe

Wii Sports Resort

Retro_Link

Ok, damn this game is good. Thankyou for the Tesco hint welshy - they didn't have any spare MP in but I did get a price promise on my receipt so when they do I can pick one up. Regardless, I've bee having a blast with the pass the controller modes with my mum. I think Frisbee is my favourite, followed by Archery and Swordplay. The swordplay just makes me crave a Zelda game though, it works even better than I'd expected! I can't get over the 1:1 motion. Red Steel 2 is gonna be immense.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I had a pretty cool WSR party last night with pass the controller...1:1 gets funnier the more you drink!

But everyone adored it - surprisingly Wakeboarding is a favourite for most people who play. But I must say that Bowling still reigns supreme - it's now uber responsive and if you throw it slowly it's like boules on Wii. Awesome! The 'team' modes are also a brilliant addition - especially in bowling/basketball and archery. Awesome stuff!

And yes swordfighting and archery make me crave Zelda Wii like never before...

Seriously.

I have been over every point of interest over and over again, I have been over wedge island numerous times, flown over the city and beach in a birds eye view, been through every cave, every nook every cranny and still found nothing but coloured balloons. Im wondering if I have hit it but the game hasn't registered it. I really can't see where I may have missed it.

But everyone adored it - surprisingly Wakeboarding is a favourite for most people who play.

I loved this when I played it last night - mini game it may be but it is a good one. I found it addictive and relaxing.

Speaking of which the airplane mode is superb. I definitely get that Pilotwings vibe.

Still haven't found my last 2 balloons though, I swear my game is glitched as I have been EVERYWHERE!

Whatdoyameanballoons??? Balloons are just randomly placed in the hands of Miis right? there isn't a checklist for those is there... unless there is after you find all the info points :/ god that sounds like a special kind of hell to find all of those...

Incidentally, where did you find your last few info points H-o-T? I have like 7 to go now... :(

SCG for one of the stamps you have to pop every white balloon at everytime of the day. Once you pop enough the game starts telling you how many are left.

As for the points here's a few tricky ones.

There's a guy in a canoe in the middle of the sea while heading for Wedge Island.

Wedge Island there is one for courses A, B, C, the rock formation, the little harbour and the golf shop

There is a set of planes flying in formation around the middle of the sea near Wedge island

A cruise ship moves back and forth between Wedge Island

There are some fishing boats near Wedge island and go just past them to find some other boats.

Near the little deserted island there is a larger island ( near the evening starting point ) if you go behind that island you will find a diving boat. Look around there somemore for some whaling ships.

The beach near the start that has the Dog Frisbee point has a hill near it ( think its one of the firework points ) go behind that for a hidden point.

Near the big wooden bridge is a hole in the wall, you can fly through it to get the twisty cavern hidden point.

Fly to the top of the volcano and get on there then fly into it to get another one then fly out of it to grab another on on top of a tree. Go right to get another one then head back left and through a tunnel to grab another one.

Near the beach hotel skim the ground near the path and follow the palm tress to grab one, then head up the small back to grab another one next to some broken rocks. Keep heading up the small grassy hill to get one called heartbreak ridge or something like that.

There's one through the car tunnel next to the beach hotel then as you come out head up high and theres one at the top of the rocks. You can then either swoop down and enter the hole in the wall to grba another one in the sea cave and then another as you exit or turn out into the sea to see more rocks and head for the one with a hole in to grab Tritons ring.

Need anymore help just give me a shout, been around that island more times than I care to mention now :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Have played much more of this since my first post after buying it and while my initial feelings are still there, I think that the Island Flyover is probably my most enjoyable game. It's fun flying around looking for all the little hideaways in the islands but that bloody whale won't stay still long enough for me to get to it.

Don't know about anyone else but the power cruising is bloody awful, made worse by the controls. Because you have to attach the nunchuk, it puts the steering off balance as it is the Wii-mote with Motionplus that is picking up the majority of the steering. I think it's a bit nonsensical that you hold the A button to accelerate yet use a flick/turning motion for a speed boost. Surely it should have been the other way around. ::shrug:

There's a guy in a canoe in the middle of the sea while heading for Wedge Island.

Wedge Island there is one for courses A, B, C, the rock formation, the little harbour and the golf shop

There is a set of planes flying in formation around the middle of the sea near Wedge island

A cruise ship moves back and forth between Wedge Island

There are some fishing boats near Wedge island and go just past them to find some other boats.

Near the little deserted island there is a larger island ( near the evening starting point ) if you go behind that island you will find a diving boat. Look around there somemore for some whaling ships.

The beach near the start that has the Dog Frisbee point has a hill near it ( think its one of the firework points ) go behind that for a hidden point.

Near the big wooden bridge is a hole in the wall, you can fly through it to get the twisty cavern hidden point.

Fly to the top of the volcano and get on there then fly into it to get another one then fly out of it to grab another on on top of a tree. Go right to get another one then head back left and through a tunnel to grab another one.

Near the beach hotel skim the ground near the path and follow the palm tress to grab one, then head up the small back to grab another one next to some broken rocks. Keep heading up the small grassy hill to get one called heartbreak ridge or something like that.

There's one through the car tunnel next to the beach hotel then as you come out head up high and theres one at the top of the rocks. You can then either swoop down and enter the hole in the wall to grba another one in the sea cave and then another as you exit or turn out into the sea to see more rocks and head for the one with a hole in to grab Tritons ring.

Need anymore help just give me a shout, been around that island more times than I care to mention now :D

Thanks H-o-T :) I've bolded up the ones I allready know that I have, seems this is gonna be tricky... are some of the points dependant on time of day?

Edited by S.C.G

When doing the Sky Diving is it possible to save any of the pictures that get taken while your in the air? It would be nice to post some of my mid air antics with Captain Falcon, Mario, Link, Ganon and the rest of my Miis.

You know I thought exactly the same thing when the photos were being taken but I can't find any way to do that :(