NEurope
Retro_Link

Wii Sports Resort

WiiFolder's awesome. I'd be inetersted to know if he gets paid to do it. He seems to buy everything, from japan too and all the WiiWare stuff!

(Video from NintenDaan)

WiiFolder's awesome. I'd be inetersted to know if he gets paid to do it. He seems to buy everything, from japan too and all the WiiWare stuff!

Yeah I agree, Wiifolder is awesome. Back when he started he was actually putting out better video's then the 'big' sites like gamespot at the time. Gamespot couldnt even be bothered the hold the Wiimote properly when they where playing Wii Golf on the original Wii sports, while complaining that the controller wasn't responsive enough.

Edited by Helmsly

I'm really looking forward to this; going to be amazing can feel it. By the time this comes out I'll have 3 wiimotionplus' :) How many games on this are simultaneous multiplayer?

3 big games this month - Tiger, this and Conduit!! Multiplayer heaven for July!!

Has anyone else some of the adverts over here yet? Seen the Table Tennis one last night, thought it was a bit early, but good to see them pushing it already. I'm getting quite hyped up for this :)

Has anyone else some of the adverts over here yet? Seen the Table Tennis one last night, thought it was a bit early, but good to see them pushing it already. I'm getting quite hyped up for this :)

Yeh.. I saw the Table Tennis one yesterday too and then I saw one about the Sword Fighting during CSI (I think.. :heh:)

I've seen the table tennis and sword fighting ones on 4Music. Thinking about it, I never recalled there being any small print saying Wii Sports Resort isn't out yet... will have to look closer next time.

After watching the Wii Folder video, it's got me totally hyped. Really can't wait for this.

I've seen the table tennis and sword fighting ones on 4Music. Thinking about it, I never recalled there being any small print saying Wii Sports Resort isn't out yet... will have to look closer next time.

The ads don't mention Wii Sports Resort at all other than some short footage. I wouldn't be surprised if people though it was the first Wii Sports.

The ads don't mention Wii Sports Resort at all other than some short footage. I wouldn't be surprised if people though it was the first Wii Sports.

See, that's a dangerously un-Nintendo thing for them to do. There is clearly footage of Resort even though it's not out for nearly a month - so I'd have expected there to be an explicit disclaimer saying so.

I wonder if the night time/evening time thing is based off the Wii's internal clock?

Edited by Helmsly

I wonder if the night time/evening time thing is based off the Wii's internal clock?

I hope not as I do a lot of playing, especially multiplayer, in the evening and into the night and I'd hate to miss day time

On the other hand, it would be nice that during workingdays you'll almost allways play at night and during the weekends it's all bright and shiny. It'll give you that extra "Yay, it's weekend!" feeling ;)

I've just written a pretty extensive review of the Japanese version of Wii Sports Resort on my site, No Added Sugar. You can read it here

Does anybody have any burning questions about the game they want answered?

I've just written a pretty extensive review of the Japanese version of Wii Sports Resort on my site, No Added Sugar. You can read it here

Are there any online leaderboards?

Is the Day/Night in the game dependant upon the time on your Wii's Clock?

Nah, there's no online stuff in there whatsoever.

Some of the modes have day/evening/night options, which seem to correspond to easy/medium/hard modes. It's not dependent on the Wii's internal clock.

Wow, not even high score leaderboards. I may cancel my pre-order then tbh, I don't see longevity without something like that.

Wow, not even high score leaderboards. I may cancel my pre-order then tbh, I don't see longevity without something like that.

Just out of curiosity, why did you pre-order this in the first place? From my memory, there has never been any indication of an online component to this game, including leaderboards.

thanks for this. I hardly touched the first game so not sure I would play this either. Is there an actual career/tournament mode the events in Wii Sports Resort?

Just out of curiosity, why did you pre-order this in the first place? From my memory, there has never been any indication of an online component to this game, including leaderboards.

The Japanese Nintendo Channel page had WiiConnect24 listed on it. You know how people go

Well I'm still playing the original to this day, and with the sequel having more than double the sports I can't see longevity being a problem in the slightest [for me at least!].

Yeah, I mean honestly, how would an "online leaderboard" add anything to the longevity of the game