Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Retro_Link

I think they said it was a bit longer during E3, in terms of number of levels anyway. I actually liked the graphic style of new super mario bros, the only thing was the colour pallet felt just a tad washed out. In terms of difficulty, don't expect much, this game will obviously be insanely easy compared to the old school Mario games, and probably a bit easier than NSMBDS. The have to make sure that the casual crowd can still play it.

But the real question is... will it outsell Galaxy???

The first NSMB is nearing 20 Million now, I think it'll probably come close at least, seeing as the Wii's user base is about half that of the DS's. I don't expect Mario Galaxy 2 to do as well as the first, so I think it will easily outsell 2.

Much like with Zelda 4 Swords, people with 4 friends you "get it" and greatly enjoy it, everyone else will bitch about something.

Well Four Swords is fucking brilliant, I certainly loved it. It's different for this game because nowadays, having this online is kind of expected. Also, 4 Swords looks absolutely gorgeous and has an amazing soundtrack (the level where you infiltrate Hyrule Castle is just amazingly brilliant), whereas this game looks like a DS game blown up with the original DS music still there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Could this be the magic day for us?

Earlier today, we showed you an Amazon preorder update that listed a delivery date of Nov. 18th for New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Now we're hearing that the North American date is going to be on November 15th, which would fit well with the Amazon delivery date. On top of that, news of a November 27th release date in Europe is also floating around. Too bad Nintendo of America/Europe won't comment to confirm!

I hope it is as I have 2 weeks off work around then!:D

It's the huge block of red that makes it look really bad... When you compare this to Brawl's cover or something, it's pretty lame.

Saying that though, Mario Karts Cover didn't really leave any huge impressions.

Yes, but that huge block of red will draw people's eyes to it on the shelves. The cover is there to convey the fun and 'classic' Mario gameplay as well as draw the eye. This, whilst winning no awards for design, will do exactly what Nintendo want it to: sell the game to casual players who loved classic Mario and the DS version of NSMB.

Personally I'd have prefered Galaxy 2 this Christmas, but who knows how much of that game is finished.

I take it this New Super Mario Bros Wii will be a fully fledged single player game, ie. doesn't have to be multi-player. Not a fan of these types of multiplayer games so hopefully the 1 player mode will be just as good.

________

VAPORIZERS

Edited by Ronnie