NEurope

Clearly a failure.

Yes sorry that was an error, the 800k was in the 10 months of this year. It had sold that as of October, not march. I just didn't see the different dates. What a fool! So by now it's probably on around 8.7-9 million.

Apologies.

Still, 9m... not as bad as peeps thought

Yes.

Yeah, alright...but the rest of the sales?

Yes sorry that was an error, the 800k was in the 10 months of this year. It had sold that as of October, not march. I just didn't see the different dates. What a fool! So by now it's probably on around 8.7-9 million.

Apologies.

Still, 9m... not as bad as peeps thought

Yeah, alright...but the rest of the sales?

Sarcasm was applied to the posts that you quoted mate.

Both of them I hope.

It is criminal that Galaxy hasn't sold more. In my opinion, every Wii owner should have it in their collection. I know quite a few Wii owners, and they all have it. If the worldwide shipment of Wiis totals at around 50 million (just had a quick browse on wiki for that) then to say that one in every five Wii owners has galaxy is...not as high as it should be. Surely you'd expect one in every other Wii owner to own it.

As I'm sure you're aware, sarcasm isn't always obvious when portrayed through text, especially on t'internet. And to be fair I made a mistake in one of the figures, so it was in fact a fail on my part, hence me assuming people were saying I'd failed. But yes, it's probably safer to assume on here that there is a constant level of sarcasm.

But back on point - the sales. They weren't as bad as people thought, so lets hope Bros can live up to it. To be fair I doubt it will reach the same sales figures that Galaxy reached, just because it was widely thought to be the best game of the year for the Wii, if not in general, plus it was the Mario platformer everyone was waiting for. So I don't think it will sell this well, but based on this info it should do pretty well.

Both of them I hope.

+1

It is criminal that Galaxy hasn't sold more. In my opinion, every Wii owner should have it in their collection. I know quite a few Wii owners, and they all have it. If the worldwide shipment of Wiis totals at around 50 million (just had a quick browse on wiki for that) then to say that one in every five Wii owners has galaxy is...not as high as it should be. Surely you'd expect one in every other Wii owner to own it.

I have to agree. I've played it through with both characters to the very end and it certainly is one of the greatest games of all time. I almost wish they'd drop the price so that more people can experience it, it really is that good. Maybe if a players choice range comes out at some point in the future sales will shoot up again.

GameInformer Preview

We've spent a healthy amount of time with New Super Mario Bros. Wii in the last week, and it's proving to be a serious challenge reminiscent of the series' hardest levels. Whether you're going solo or with three friends by your side, there's a wealth of new gameplay elements, enemies, and platforming challenges to ensure you'll be clamoring for every 1-Up you can get.

While the game is chock full of throwback levels and familiar enemies, it's by no means a simple nostalgia act. One area has you jumping from giant manta ray to giant manta ray, desperately trying to get some sort of footing to prevent a quick death. Another has giant floating bubbles that require the player to seamlessly alternate between swimming and platforming. Later levels are possibly the hardest platforming challenges in the series' history, with Bullet Bills, cannonballs, and lava geysers filling the screen. One such stage incorporates motion control, requiring the player to tilt the Wii remote to guide a platform along a rail. It's insanely difficult, and if you're playing four-player it's almost a guarantee that you'll accidentally kill a friend by jumping on their head at the wrong time.

Most of the enemies will be familiar faces like Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Boo, and Wiggler, but there are several new and revamped baddies entering the Mushroom Kingdom. You may remember Fuzzy from Super Mario World (not the "Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy" version from Yoshi's Island), but he's much more of a threat this time around. Instead of one or two of these creatures on a rail, they'll sometimes appear in giant groups, often with super-sized versions in the mix. Cloud enemies will try to blow you off of platforms, Crowbers will swoop down at high speeds, and the sky will sometimes be littered with parachuting Bob-ombs.

Thankfully, Mario isn't without a new bag of tricks to help him on yet another Princess-saving, Koopaling-stomping adventure. You've probably seen the ice flower, penguin suit, and propeller helmet in trailers, and these are all welcome additions to Mario's ever-growing power-up library. Even when you don't have a propeller helmet, your character can grab special propeller blocks to temporarily give him an airborne boost. Both propeller methods are great alternatives to previous methods of flight (Raccoon/Tanooki suit, cape), and allow for far more precise movement when planning an accurate Koopa head-stomp.

We're only a couple weeks away from New Super Mario Bros Wii's release, and all signs are pointing towards a fantastic mix of nostalgia and pure platforming challenge.Keep an eye on the site for our full review.

Got my issue of Ngamer yesterday.

Review Summary:

85 "Curiosly forgettable and throwaway compared to the Mario platforming standard, but as a social experience it's up there with the best on wii"

They briefly mentioned the bumping into each other that Flameboy and i experienced when playing together.

Strength in numbers means four times the stomping power, but with Goombas flattened and Koopas de-shelled, a new kind of physical presence poses a threat to the player's existence - other players. With screen space at a premium, it's not incommon for players to crash into each other.

That bit goes on abit more but basically it goes on to basically not shed it in a bad light but mention it's positives kinda thing (i started typing and then realised i couldn't be bothered carrying on! lol)

Got my issue of Ngamer yesterday.

Review Summary:

85 "Curiosly forgettable and throwaway compared to the Mario platforming standard, but as a social experience it's up there with the best on wii"

They briefly mentioned the bumping into each other that Flameboy and i experienced when playing together and it backs up my opinion that as a single player experience it will be lacking.

That bit goes on abit more but basically it goes on to basically not shed it in a bad light but mention it's positives kinda thing (i started typing and then realised i couldn't be bothered carrying on! lol)

The "player interaction" or bumping etc... as I've called it certainly isn't without its merits. As I pointed out in my hands on;

Sometimes we will just bumble into each other and the way things work with regards to how you react to each other can be just plain frustrating making you feel like the multiplayer hook was almost an after thought or just an extra they thought they’d bung in. However other times when you expertly nudge someone to their death feels well timed and well worked and a masterful turn by Nintendo, you begin to think wow why hasn’t this been in Mario before?! (I’d just like to point out I hammered Mike at this, not the only game I managed to to that with a SFIV slaughtering also taking place) The advantages in co-op play are there to be seen though. If you are riding a Yoshi you can swallow fellow players and jump across tricky obstacles with them in your mouth, a neat way of ensuring progress when playing with less able players. Also the use of the propellor hat looks like a nice touch.

You can read the whole thing over here;

http://lethargicgamers.wordpress.com/2009/11/02/new-super-mario-bros-wii-hands-on/

As for NGamer's score and summary I think I do kinda agree with that from what I have played.

(I’d just like to point out I hammered Mike at this, not the only game I managed to to that with a SFIV slaughtering also taking place)

Well you just had to get that in there didn't u!!! lol

Pity this doesn't have online coz i would demand a re-match!!!

I would have liked it to sell more. But you must also remember who harsh critics are of Nintendo sales figures. I was watching Invisible Walls the other week and one of them was trying to claim Wii Sports Resort had 'tanked'. Now it's sold getting on for 6 million units, at an abover average price. Yet the sales figures have been questioned.

No one would dare say that God of War on the PS2 'tanked'. Yet the first sold 3.2 million units and the second sold 2.5 million units. This on a platform with a user base of 120 million! Yet when Wii Sports Resort sells over 5.5 million units and is still selling very strongly, people say it 'tanked'.

There are even people on this board who try to claim that the PSPgo hasn't been a flop! It's had the lowest first day sales in Japan of any handheld bar the Neo Geo Pocket and Neo Geo Colour. It has also had to slash its price in Europe after a week on sale. Yet that's not a disaster.

I would have liked it to sell more. But you must also remember who harsh critics are of Nintendo sales figures. I was watching Invisible Walls the other week and one of them was trying to claim Wii Sports Resort had 'tanked'. Now it's sold getting on for 6 million units, at an abover average price. Yet the sales figures have been questioned.

No one would dare say that God of War on the PS2 'tanked'. Yet the first sold 3.2 million units and the second sold 2.5 million units. This on a platform with a user base of 120 million! Yet when Wii Sports Resort sells over 5.5 million units and is still selling very strongly, people say it 'tanked'.

There are even people on this board who try to claim that the PSPgo hasn't been a flop! It's had the lowest first day sales in Japan of any handheld bar the Neo Geo Pocket and Neo Geo Colour. It has also had to slash its price in Europe after a week on sale. Yet that's not a disaster.

Couldn't agree more!

I think people see Wii Sports Resort tanking due to its relatively small numbers compared to the userbase. Why this is more important than say GoW selling on the PS2 is because its a bit of a catch 22 situation. The vast majority of Wii developers aren't going to support WiiMotionPlus properly until there is a sharp uptake in the percentage of Wii owners who own them. Which clearly at the moment is still a relatively small ratio (even if you factored in the other titles like Grand Slam Tennis that have been bundled with it) so under that reasoning Wii Sports Resort perhaps has tanked of sorts...

Tbh though most of the Wii's audience doesn't give jack shit about Galaxy. NSMBWii will easily outsell it i reckon.

Tbh though most of the Wii's audience doesn't give jack shit about Galaxy. NSMBWii will easily outsell it i reckon.

oh ya without a doubt. Japanese didn't take to galaxy as well nsmb ds at least

the game is soo much fun, i cant wait to pick this up, spent over 2 hours on it , levels 1-1 1-3 1-6 , 4 player is a blast too,

edit removed pic due to idiot below, scrub that whos gives a monkeys what u think anyway

Edited by yesteryeargames

What a lame Mario impersonator. He's not even fat!

thats real nice of you ashley i have been playing on wii fit, what a lame thing to say more like,

check this vid of

lol brilliant Edited by yesteryeargames

thats real nice of you ashley i have been playing on wii fit, what a lame thing to say more like,

check this vid of

lol brilliant

I think he was talking about Charles Martinet! Although Ashley's mind is crazy and, indeed, deranged, to quote the great Beyonce.

Also, you can put videos in your posts. If you take the bit after the "?v=" in the url you can get it embedded like...so:

Edited by Nintendohnut

i put some pictures of me in my fancy dress , but ive removed them now nevermind thanks for the video tip NintendohNut

cheers