NEurope

I find them but generally same pictures.

Offical Web Site's graphics are very nice for me but it's flash. I can't arrive them.

That Gamer's Impression was brilliant. Especially on the graphics. I was honestly quite surprised that IGN didn't comment on the high tech - granted, the art style is simple, but the technology behind them isn't.

Nefarious hackers have already made a level editor for NSMBW by modifying those which already exist for the DS iteration

reggie-objects.png

Example, world 1-1 replaced with the first level from the original Super Mario Bros. (it's laggy because it's being played on an emulator and recorded at the same time.)

Gametrailers nintendo video reviews really are fantastic. Much

much better than the IGN equivalent, particularly the new shortened IGN ones.

Gametrailers nintendo video reviews really are fantastic. Much

much better than the IGN equivalent, particularly the new shortened IGN ones.

IGN video reviews are very poor compared to the Gametrailer ones. Plus, IGN ones take an age to load and aren't too informative.

Has anyone seen the advert for this game, where some pansy is saying it's one of the most challenging games he's played?

I was amazed.

NEO. Look out for my review in the next issue! ;) (That is, of course, if they do send the game - still nothing arrived yet!)

NEO?!! Never even heard of it.

NEO?!! Never even heard of it.

Well you'll just have to look out for it next time you're in W H Smith's, then. ;)

Nintendo supposedly sent out my review copy last week, but it still hadn't arrived by yesterday, so we contacted them and they said they'd send a replacement, so it looks like I won't be playing it earlier than most people here after all. Oh well, at least it's free! :)

Argh, am I the only one who can't get the title music jingle out of my head?? It's very catchy.

IGN video reviews are very poor compared to the Gametrailer ones. Plus, IGN ones take an age to load and aren't too informative.

Plus it's easy to take the Gametrailers one a lot more seriously. The guy narrating them is excellent, whereas Matt Cassamasisiasina, while ok, makes it sound like an amateur youtube review. Not his fault I suppose.

Mind you I'm a little annoyed at the GT review for this game spoiling a couple of hidden secrets in the game. Especially a major one I had no idea was even in the game.

IGN Group Session: New Super Mario Bros. Wii Review

Hmm at Matt Casamassina:

It is just the DS title for consoles -- and that's true right down to the theme music, which is identical. Most critics agree that the graphic presentation is adequate, passable, and even good, but few reviews have rejoiced at the visuals. Why not? Even if we all agree that Wii is only marginally more powerful than a GameCube, all we need do is look around the software roster to see some aesthetically spectacular 2D offerings like Muramasa. With all of its resources, money, manpower and time, I'm confident that Nintendo could've delivered a 2D platformer that reset expectations; that completely blew us away. This is not that game.

On one hand, Casamasina is right, Nintendo could have created a freh 2D game- but that was clearly not the design brief. NSMBW is imed sqarely at the DS owners who have not yet bought a Wii

Has anyone seen the advert for this game, where some pansy is saying it's one of the most challenging games he's played?

It's basically like most previous Mario games. Relatively easy to complete, hair tearingly impossible to do things like collect all star coins.

He's right there. The graphic style Is not the best. I've seen better looking 2d games on the ps1.

On one hand, Casamasina is right, Nintendo could have created a freh 2D game- but that was clearly not the design brief. NSMBW is imed sqarely at the DS owners who have not yet bought a Wii

Unfortunately I do find myself agreeing with Matt's sentiments...urgh pains me to say that, the guy lost all credibility the day he said Halo DS was real and showed it off on video...

Single player is 'boring'? How so IGN?

Was Super Mario World single player boring?

Single player is 'boring'? How so IGN?

Was Super Mario World single player boring?

Because the levels etc...are more designed with multiplayer in mind, leading to a sparse and bland single player

Because the levels etc...are more designed with multiplayer in mind, leading to a sparse and bland single player

I thought Nintendo said that they designed the levels as 1 Player first

I thought Nintendo said that they designed the levels as 1 Player first

Yeah they did.

Indeed, I'm putting the 'boring' quote down to the one guy who had more fun with single player. This looks like a top 1-player Mario game, which is great.