NEurope

i put some pictures of me in my fancy dress , but ive removed them now nevermind thanks for the video tip NintendohNut

cheers

Oh right didn't see them! You're obviously too quick for me :)

So, apparently Reggie thinks this will outsell the 360 version of MW2...

I thought he just speficied "one" version? And considering the PS3 version will likely be the inferior seller, I interprested the quote as referring to that one.

What else is he going to say? "Nah you guises, Modern Warfare 2 is going to f*cking rape our platform this year. I've already bought a bomb shelter - you should too." Of course not. :)

He does say he's looking forward to playing MW2 though.

And he says it will outsell sales on one system (360), given to the end of the holiday selling season (end of Jan).

Considering that the Wii has about half the user base of the DS, it could be close. I'm sure I remember him saying something about the 360 during that bit though. Its obviously going to outsell the other versions.

Just had a go playing this at the Nintendo shopping centre tour in Southampton. I played two player with the guy manning that part of the stand, who was very friendly and explained everything well. He also insisted I put my wrist strap on, and asked me what Wii games I'd been playing lately. I said I've been playing Bowser's Inside Story on the DS and I'm not totally sure he knew what I was talking about - the lack of promotion for that game is criminal!

Back to NSMBW, it was just the World 1 demo there, and we played on two levels. 1-1 was pretty easy, but the second one was filled with rotating platforms and provided quite a good challenge for the first world of the game. Propellor suit was great, and we didn't have any problems bumping into each other (not that it matters to me as I'll be playing it single player when I get it anyway). The only problem I had was that the Wii remote's stiff d-pad wasn't so great for precision platforming, and I can imagine that it won't take too long to get a sore left thumb when playing.

I didn't bother with anything else on the booth - it was either stuff I'm not interested in or already have. Shame there was no Zelda, but I suppose it is a bit early for that. Can't wait to get my hands on the full game in a few weeks. :)

I don't see why people have issues with bumping into eachother...it's better that way, more realistic

I don't see why people have issues with bumping into eachother...it's better that way, more realistic

True, I do look for realism in my Mario games.

Not impressed with that Castle music, doesn't sound great at all. The DS version I thought had an excellent track, and obviously Mario World's was fantastic too.

I dont know... think of it like if there was only one small ledge and ye both went fr it.

Nah I can't see that way working at all at all. Should have friendly fire on so to say.

I agree but realistic is not the best word, I'd say this game strives on interaction between players so it makes sense to add that. 4 Swords had that too and a lot more ways to interact that could be prejudicial.

Not having any effect on each other would be stupid. Thank God none of you are games designers. How would picking each other up work?

I can't wait for this game!!

Just because you can't run into people doesnt mean a picking up mechanic couldn't be used. Just stand near to the player, shake the remote and it would pick him up.

Yeah but that would be so problematic. Knowing if you were in the right position etc. And the design of the game would feel off that one moment you're like a ghost and the next your tangible. Wouldn't work at all

Not having any effect on each other would be stupid. Thank God none of you are games designers. How would picking each other up work?

I can't wait for this game!!

No it's stupid. There aren't many similtaneous sidescrolling games around but i'll give N+ as a close example. A very difficult platforming title for ds and xbox live arcade( I think)

note that there is no bumping in this. but it doesn't make it seem less interactive. It's a dead serious platforming title that constantly challenge you with small platforms.

javascript-mario.png

imagine if you had to land on the small platform in the middle here: with 4 people? bumping each other off constantly.. it wont work.

If this game is as difficult as they're all bragging( and by the way I bet it isn't) then it would be a nightmare. Remember playing streets of rage or battletoads and you would hit and throw the other player by accident causing outrage? Ya it would be like that.

It is not a good idea.

and to answrr your question.. er I assume you press a button to pick the other player up... why wouln't it work the same?

I also think stopping the game when someone is dead is idiocy too.

Edited by mcj metroid