NEurope

Hmm, on the one hand Cassamassina is a douche, on the other hand he's a graphics whore. Maybe he's right?

He's right there. The graphic style Is not the best. I've seen better looking 2d games on the ps1.

Bullshit, everything looked buttugly on the PS1. If things today seem ugly on the Wii, back then playing the PS1 was like looking at constellations and imagining what it was loosely supposed to look like.

He's right there. The graphic style Is not the best. I've seen better looking 2d games on the ps1.

I just can't believe how stupid that post is.

Bullshit, everything looked buttugly on the PS1. If things today seem ugly on the Wii, back then playing the PS1 was like looking at constellations and imagining what it was loosely supposed to look like.

Except of course for this game:D :D :D

Micro_Maniacs_Pal.JPG

Codemasters found this in the crapper of God:idea::love:

...back then playing the PS1 was like looking at constellations and imagining what it was loosely supposed to look like.

Quote of the week.

Its on its way to me now from GAME!

*does happy dance*:bouncy:

Same here

Man tomorrow's gonna be sweet. This and Assassin's Creed 2, all on my new TV which came yesterday :D

game are being tw@ts and keep declining my mario tin order :( no reason whatsoever ,money on card , card details 100% ive even tried phoning them to tell them and no luck, does anyone know if the tin version will be sold instore?

cheers

Just to be fair, I'll compare similar scored games.

capcompro_080702_02.jpg

Capcom vs. SNK: Received 8.8 from IGN.

e3-2009-new-super-mario-screens-20090602012009206_640w.jpg

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: Received 8.9 from IGN.

I do agree with you - New Super Mario Bros. Wii is far from the visual stunner it could have been. But it's definitely not as bad as any 2D PS1 title.

Screw that, it looks awesome! It was never gonna be the most visually striking title but it still has some nice touches and effects not to mention looking reasonably crisp overall, I fail to see why some are dissapointed? :blank:

Ehem...

dvoocp.jpg

(Looks a million times better in motion)

But yeah, everything else you said there is true.

Hurrah my copy was waiting for me when I got into work this morning. Can't wait to play it later. Hopefully the gf will let us play through together.

I accidently bought two copies - one from gameplay (non tin) and one from Game (tin). Gameplay has arrived today, while Game has not.... agony.

game are being tw@ts and keep declining my mario tin order :( no reason whatsoever ,money on card , card details 100% ive even tried phoning them to tell them and no luck, does anyone know if the tin version will be sold instore?

cheers

Does it come up with a message saying "failed to create order" in tiny red writing. It did this when i tried; it'll let it go through with free postage but not paid for next day. Really frustrating. I too tried everything, and assumed it was the fact that my work address stated "fault" in the personal details bit... but its a correct address. Gave up in the end, and just opted for second class.

wow the fanboy in you just popped out!

rayman_ps1.png

It's the best 2d game i've ever seen. The youtube quality hardly shows it off. Check out the detailed moving foreground graphics. This game is 15 years old and originally came out on atari jaguar.

Great artstyle is lacking in super mario bros wii I find that is present here. Its not that the wii is shitty for 2d graphics. Warioware shake was an excellent looking game for example.

Edited by mcj metroid

Anyone who ordered the tin version get theirs yet, my regular post has been and I didn't get it so I'm hoping it'll be delivered via van?

I just can't believe how stupid that post is.

Hey look I know your excited about your new mario game but I talk about the game from every angle I can. and yes that includes graphics and no they're not THAT good. your gonna tell me this looks fantastic after seeing super mario galalaxy and warioware shake? I don't care what you say it doesn't look THAT much better than the ds version.

BUT graphics don't really matter as much here but dont go telling me im crazy for hoping for better!

Edited by mcj metroid

Unfortunately I do find myself agreeing with Matt's sentiments...urgh pains me to say that, the guy lost all credibility the day he said Halo DS was real and showed it off on video...

Don't forgot Man icarus as well ;)

Haven't gotten around to playing it as much lately, I am up to world 5 at the moment, but I am slowly taking my time on this game, enjoying it when ever I feel like I want to enjoy it ^^

wow the fanboy in you just popped out!

rayman_ps1.png

It's the best 2d game i've ever seen. The youtube quality hardly shows it off. Check out the detailed moving foreground graphics. This game is 15 years old and originally came out on atari jaguar.

Great artstyle is lacking in super mario bros wii I find that is present here. Its not that the wii is shitty for 2d graphics. Warioware shake was an excellent looking game for example.

It was a clear exaggeration to satire your out of context exaggeration. And I would say that rayman pic looks like a generic 2D platformer not made by Nintendo.

And I'm not even going to start comparing, its like arguing with terrorists.

anyones tin version turn up? does it have the red case inside too,i hope this is sold instore in game as my online order was declined for no reason , doh

Limited Edition Tin Box Available At Game - in store tomorrow

The staff tell me that it should be £34.99 but price not confirmed until day of release. Apparently.

Edited by david.dakota

My tin edition arrived today too, and it's smashing. :)

Hmm, on the one hand Cassamassina is a douche, on the other hand he's a graphics whore. Maybe he's right?

This entire post is brilliant. :heart:

My tin edition arrived today too, and it's smashing. :)

This entire post is brilliant. :heart:

You get it in the normal post or via van?

You get it in the normal post or via van?

Normal post I believe... I wasn't in at the time anyway.