NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Xpert Eleven Season 9

Should have prepared last night, my internet went down before I went to work so no preperations for me..

On the brighter side I got a skill 5 19 year old midfielder which is great seeing as a few too many "elderly" on my team :heh:

Hmm, everything's just about ticking over nicely. This is another training year of sorts, but if I can keep it up I'll be delighted if I can get second or even just third.

Well, yet another 'boring' draw for my team. Marginally helpful, of course. I have the most draws in the entire league, with half of my games going for splits. The only highlights were an injury and a booking for Happenstance... I'm pleased with the point because it gave a few of my players some experience (an 18 3 and an 18 4 in midfield :P)

I've got a cushion of a point over dyson, and I think he'll lose to villan. I've never lost to gaggle... so this could be the first :P I'm changing my tactics slightly (considering gaggle never changes his, it's a risk!), but not really pushing for much at all. Maintaining my undefeated streak against him will do.

Shorty's not even been on x11 for a week, so I don't think he's got any chance of a come-back. Happenstance's only real chance of survival is if me and rez screw up massively, but the way i see it, dyson will be a nervous wreck 'til the last two games of the season where he faces rez then me to decide his (and, no doubt, ours too) fate.

Oddy; perhaps a rule; if a team wins the league 5 times in a row, they have to start again with a new team? :P

The regulars league is going as I predicted, more or less. That league is fairly set in its three tiers of teams. The three middling teams will be fighting every season with the top-tier rejects, and the battles will strengthen them greatly. My kinda league :P

The bottom league is pretty much as I predicted too - Mcoy's been slow to get into his stride, an Dan Dare's old team is up where it should be, considering his awesome squad. Coolness Bears has, as predicted, totally forgotten about the league.

Oddy; how is the overal activity?

Weird, im nearly positive I sorted out my tactics for Happenstance United but looking at my results today its not coming up with any set. This isnt the first time either.

And so Hikarizaka's shite away record continues. I've now got 3 players injured, and I can't avoid the average age penalty. :(

Mcoy was wondering if anyone else is unable to sack players for some reason.

Mcoy has some goalkeepers lying around that he has no use for but Mcoy can't sack them.

Anybody want a friendly on Friday? i'll be playing my yoof so it will be an easy win I imagine.

Mcoy; check their player pages, you can't sack recently acquired players... But your dudes don't look too recent so I don't know if that's it...

I note that happenstance has just got a 19 5 skill goalkeeper from his youth - not all squalor and shame just yet mate!

Can someone do me the honours of sending me the results tomorrow again? ta :P Next week I'll be without internet still, despite being at home. I hope I can find a pooter to set tactics, at least!

You need to have at least 19 players to be able to sack one. Mcoy's Sons are 18 strong.

Mcoy is disgusted he has to put up with two goalkeepers who have CLEARLY shown DISLOYALTY and shared TRAITOROUS remarks about Mcoys sons.

Mcoy plans an execution after tomorrows game (Mcoy wonders if anyone wants to take two free goalies off his hands)

Looks like my tactics were all over the place and yours were spot on - given you were prepared and got my defensive/attacking options sussed I don't think 4-2 was too bad. It's no 5-1..

I wouldn't mind running the show for a while, I don't plan on going anywhere on X11 for quite some time at this rate :D Gotta make my team winners.

I was gonna offer to run things but Dyson has put his name forward! Shame I would like to see things from the other side haha

Good win for me puts me up to 3rd gonna say right now I am going to get thrashed next game I am gonna use my loser goalie to get him experience. When you execute me Oddy don't shoot me in the face please!

Starting a new team Oddy? You are way ahead atm I had wondered if these thoughts might go through your head as its getting a bit boring for you now Id imagine lol. Although of course certian legend teams can still get a draw from you haha

I think the fairest way to do it would be to have everyone who wants to run it put their names forward and then randomly pick one. We can do that closer to the time. The league admin's role is very limited - but you've gotta set up the seasons correctly or we're screwed for 9 weeks!

I think the fairest way to do it would be to have everyone who wants to run it put their names forward and then randomly pick one. We can do that closer to the time. The league admin's role is very limited - but you've gotta set up the seasons correctly or we're screwed for 9 weeks!

Do you get to decide how large the leagues are etc? I have quite strong views on that. Random pick sounds good (where to I send my bribe?)

You pick the league structure (pyramid or linear), number of leagues and the rest is fairly automated. So this season I chose linear, 3 leagues (you also chose match days and times - 1:30pm!!!!!! Not 12:30pm as it is Swedish time) and then off it goes.

What are your strong views Haden?

Got myself a draw today, which puts me up one place in the league.

You pick the league structure (pyramid or linear), number of leagues and the rest is fairly automated. So this season I chose linear, 3 leagues (you also chose match days and times - 1:30pm!!!!!! Not 12:30pm as it is Swedish time) and then off it goes.

What are your strong views Haden?

Communism!

I would prefer larger leagues so 2 instead of 3.

Wow only 2-1! If only I played a stronger team I played a crap one to get some exp as I thought this game was a dead loss! Ah well never mind.

Mcoy thought he had his team sorted out.

Mcoy lost 4 - 0

mcoy probably made the mistake on playing a low skill keeper who couldn't save alot of the shots *. Mcoy also had a lot of decent shots but it would seem Ariel Bitton had an awesome game making alot of saves.

*Mcoy checked goal keeper rating that game which was 1 skill!

Edited by Brian Mcoy

Beat Cube :) I'm getting promoted twice in a row with a two season strong team, quite chuffed with that acheivement.

What the hell? I set my tactics and positions yesterday, and yet half my players played in the wrong position and most of the reserves vanished. Stupid game.

Quite possibly my worst game yet that one. A 6-2 loss, 3 yellows and a red. Not good at all. Looks like I'll be fighting mid-league next season.

I love the 3 season thing we've got going. It means that if you fall from the top league in to the second you don't have an easy season to guarantee being put straight back up, and have to fight to regain your place in the top flight. It also means the newbies get an almost level playing field to start on. It's great.

Quite possibly my worst game yet that one. A 6-2 loss, 3 yellows and a red. Not good at all. Looks like I'll be fighting mid-league next season.

I love the 3 season thing we've got going. It means that if you fall from the top league in to the second you don't have an easy season to guarantee being put straight back up, and have to fight to regain your place in the top flight. It also means the newbies get an almost level playing field to start on. It's great.

If we had more players I would agree with you as far as I am concerned the leagues are to small atm.