NEurope

They should have emailed you a code to redeem in the marketplace.

I didn't get anything...

I'm playing on Heroic, not too difficult but a nice challenge none the less. It probably helps that I literally finished Halo 3 Legendary solo the same day I bought ODST. I feel this plays alot like the first Halo, it's an impossible fight but you have to go it anyways. Brutes play like Elites did, and you have to take your time when taking them on.

The urban environment turned out great, so many paths to just avoid confrontations or attack from multiple directions and angles.

Are the achievements stackable on difficulty?

How do you 'sign up' for the Reach Beta once you've got ODST?

Does the second disc contain every single bit of Map related DLC for Halo 3 to date?

What year is it?

Who's the Spartan?

Arrrrgh! *head implodes*

Any answers to random questions appreciated, kthxbai. :)

Yeah, i did heroic and got normal achievment.

It comes active in spring 2010, itll appear on the menu i think.

Yep it does

Sep 24th 2009

Brock Lesnar

Had a go at Firefight last night with Mike1988uk, twas awesome. Down to our last life, Mike was dead, and two of those Hammer Brute things to kill. It was intense.

Shame there is no public matchmaking though.

Yeah it was ace! U were alot better than me... I felt the tention just watching you at the end once i was dead!

We should defo do it again!

In regards to the question of difficulty, I'm playing through on Heroic and it's not that hard but then I'm used to it by now. When I've died, it's been because of stupid decisions and not watching what is going on around me as well as in front.

Currently up to the Hive so I'm guessing near the end. Really hope that I get a little more chance to go explore New Mombasa before it ends so I can look for more audio logs. I'm up to 14.

Fireflight is pretty awesome.

I haven't played much of the campaign, but I've had to go from Heroic to Normal because I'm rubbish.

It comes active in spring 2010, itll appear on the menu i think.

Oh cool, so no codes to register or shit like that? nice, also does anyone know what the update was for today? nothing major seems to have changed...

Just finished it on Heroic. I'll tag my feelings about the ending:

Ok, I can't be the only one disappointed in how flat the ending shoot out went down or how it just didn't feel dramatic enough like the other Halos managed in their endings. Ok, I get that they aren't Spartans and are just normal people but surely that doesn't mean they couldn't have had an ending that could compete in terms of epic tension as those in Halo 1 and 3. The epilogue with Johnson having his cigar lit by the engineer was a light touch that pulled it slightly away from the darker tone it exuded through out.

All in all, I did enjoy it and will go through it on legendary at some point in the near future as well as trying some Firefight once there are people online to play it with. Kinda glad though that when Halo Reach does finally drop next year that it'll be using a new engine because this one does look dated in many ways, even if they try to cover it up with excessive amounts of bloom lighting and reflections.

Oh cool, so no codes to register or shit like that? nice, also does anyone know what the update was for today? nothing major seems to have changed...

the xbox update was groundwork for the facebook/twitter/sky ting

the xbox update was groundwork for the facebook/twitter/sky ting

Oh that shit, nothing important then... :heh: hmm so I've just started playing this, on the second level? I think... a bit confused as it seems that I'm playing as a different ODST trooper now... but ok... it's enjoyable anyway, sufficiently different from Halo 3 but in a good way. :)

Annnnd... about 24 hours later, I've completed it, I enjoyed it all though, very rewarding for an FPS and impressive that they've managed to squeeze as much as they have out of the Halo 3 engine. :)

I played on Heroic Difficulty so it was pretty satisfying, I've yet to try out the multiplayer yet though - on ODST - but it sounds awesome, also can't wait to try out all the maps and stuff on the second disc that I never bothered to download for Halo 3, I must have downloaded a few but not many, so a lot of it will be new to me. :D

It's a very good game. Oni Alpha Site is, I think, one of the best Halo levels of all time.

That's the one where you start on the bridge, right? I loved it, great banter between Wash and Jayne.

The missions were a lot of fun, and I look forward to playing them again in co-op (Legendary). The Rookie city sections just felt like padding, although the lighting and stuff was well done. I also hated the mission through the hive, those bugs are just annoying.

My main disappointment is that it felt like we were doing nothing important.

So why isn't Firefight a matchmaking type affair like any other multi-player...

Because Bungie are being fail and want you to play the excellent second disc, packed with the complete Halo 3 multiplayer plus extra maps...

Seriously though, I think they will patch it soon so you can play with anyone on it, because even though its better to play with friends, sometimes you just want to play random people for lolz, it's part of the experience. :)

Still though... until then who wants to play a bit of Firefight tonight?

Random + Co-op = Horrible mess. As proven by Left 4 Dead.

Random + Co-op = Horrible mess. As proven by Left 4 Dead.

Firefight is pretty much like Horde in GoW though... I've played that before with randoms and there were no problems.

Exactly. I perfectly understand people not wanting to play randoms but what's wrong with giving those that do the option? It just seems pretty unusual to me.

Personally I like playing with random people. Granted I might not be a good yardstick for "the average gamer" — I don't like voice chat, for one thing — but I think it's all the more memorable when you team up with some people you've never met and manage to work well together. I don't remember the bad times, and if someone's being a dick you can always join another game/kick them if there's the option.

The only reason I can think of for not having Firefight Matchmaking is the associated costs. There would have to be some sort of server backend that matches people up — which in turn would need maintenance, etcetera — and I guess people would then expect ODST to tie into Bungine.Net, which would presumably bring additional costs with it.

Actually, there is one other reason: Reach will feature a more full-featured Firefight mode. Or is that a bit too cynical?

I guess people would then expect ODST to tie into Bungine.Net

It already does.

It already does.

So it does! I guess I was misinformed; I never use the website myself.

In that case I've no idea. Someone should get Bungie on the phone.

well you can't play co-op with randoms can you? It's the same system as that rather than Matchmaking

personally, I don't give a shit. I have a full friends list, most of whom play Halo, and I'm never short of any kind of ODST/ H3 action.

Me and the lads from work earned the Deja Vu achievement the other day. Four people + four rocket launchers with 1000 shots each = MASSIVE CARNAGE & LOLs.

Me and the lads from work earned the Deja Vu achievement the other day. Four people + four rocket launchers with 1000 shots each = MASSIVE CARNAGE & LOLs.

Is this in the single player campaign but in co-op?