NEurope

Loads of games are being moved around, the timing is key to make the most money, even if its finished, who really givs a shiiiit?

Some people with the game are telling me that Firefight mode is Friends-only, you can't just search for a game via Matchmaking. If my copy wasn't already on its way that information would make me hold off on getting the game as it's a huge oversight.

Some people with the game are telling me that Firefight mode is Friends-only, you can't just search for a game via Matchmaking. If my copy wasn't already on its way that information would make me hold off on getting the game as it's a huge oversight.

Its probably friends only until tuesday when its released, theyll turn the servers on at midnight i imagine and itll pop up in the multiplayer list.

Edited by Bren

Got my confirmation e-mail from gameplay a few hours ago. since gameplay is based like 3 hours south of my town i should be one of those getting it a day early, fingers crossed.

I got my pre-order shipped but I won't be in when it comes by recorded delivery :/ no idea when I'll get this.

I got my pre-order shipped but I won't be in when it comes by recorded delivery :/ no idea when I'll get this.

Same here, most likey Tuesday or Wednesday when I will get around to picking it up.

Should be fun while it lasts, but I'm not expecting much from the campaign. I'm mainly buying for the new maps and firefight.

I'd offer to help out but I'm waiting too! rats.

Has anyone else who ordered ODST from GamePlay got a SGT Johnson code from Game.co.uk?

Yeah, but at the very bottom of the e-mail it says gameplay are getting the codes distributed through GAME.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Anyone want to play through the co-op with me when I get it tomorrow?

...This does have co-op, right?

It better do, that's all I bought it for.

*sigh* I just know I'm getting home to find a red slip of cardboard on the mat at home, and best I'll be able to do is rearrange delivery to the local PO with a 50p charge, and then I don't know when I can get to the PO during its open hours ¬________¬

It better do, that's all I bought it for.

*sigh* I just know I'm getting home to find a red slip of cardboard on the mat at home, and best I'll be able to do is rearrange delivery to the local PO with a 50p charge, and then I don't know when I can get to the PO during its open hours ¬________¬

I'll help you out mate :) What day is it arriving? Get it re-delivered to our old local PO or my house and you can pick it up from mine no hassle.

Mine didnt arrive today, no slip no nothing.

Neither did mine, though all the more likely the Lucky Star Manga i bought from Amazon will arrive with this as well so it ain't all bad.

woo am headin off to the tescos down the road to get this tonight i reckon, my pre-order fucked up bah!!

Well, I just finished it. Took around 7-8 hours playing it solo on Heroic, for those who care.

Overall it's an enjoyable game that is very much the side story it was originally touted as. If it was called Halo 4 it would be hard not to be disappointed by it, but as a spin-off that's "a bit more Halo 3" it succeeds admirably.

Obviously there are differences between playing as an ODST instead of Master Chief, but as they're so well documented I don't see much point in regurgitating them. Tonal differences aside this game plays a lot like Halo 3, looks a lot like Halo 3¹, and is, in the best possible way, more of the same. Going off memory I would say that enemy encounters have been refined over those in the last game — it's better about giving you ample cover and ways to flank the Covenant — but mechanically it's still the same "30 seconds of fun".

I haven't had a chance to try Firefight yet, but as far as the singleplayer goes I don't have many complaints. The last few areas are a bit protracted, especially in comparison to the tightness of the earlier stages, but I didn't encounter any horrible difficulty spikes. I found the entire game relatively easy, actually, which I'd chalk up to two things: 1) the abundance of cover makes you a play a bit more conservatively instead of trying to rush in, and 2) the pistol is a thing of beauty that makes dispatching Grunts and Jackals a breeze. In fact the lack of ammo for it in the closing stages is probably one of the reasons things seemed to drag a little!

I'm going to go back and find the remainder of the audio logs scattered around the city — they're more like parts of a radio play as opposed to BioShock-esque clues — and I imagine there's good mileage to be had from Firefight so long as you have a group of friends willing to stick with it; the lack of Matchmaking for it is a blow to me as I like being able to jump online at odd times. There's a good chunk of game here for those willing to invest, just don't expect anything too different from its predecessor. It's a little hard to be too enthusiastic about the value of it seeing as ODST was originally pegged as a budget release, a heritage which shows through despite Microsoft's PR, but if you're a fan of the series then... well, you were going to buy it anyway. But at least it'll be worth it.

¹It looks pretty rough on my monitor, truth be told; sub-720p resolution and no anti-aliasing do not a good combination make. I've been playing the Uncharted 2 Beta recently which makes ODST look like a game for the original Xbox.

I'll help you out mate :) What day is it arriving? Get it re-delivered to our old local PO or my house and you can pick it up from mine no hassle.

Redelivery has to go to the same postcode area and I'm guessing you're not S7. Sending it to my local PO and hopefully Nikki can grab it at some point. Lame that I own this game as of today and only have a piece of card to play with.

*makes cardboard planes*

*sets bits on fire*

*makes cardboard soldiers that run around screaming on fire*

hehe, I dont need Halo