NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

Not gonna race through the game, going along at a nice plodding pace but so far im enjoying it. Tis nice to have a new Pokemon game. Ive just finished Sprout Tower and i'll get some more training done in a bit before trying the gym.

Havent tried the Pokewalker yet, to be honest I dont really know what to do so i'll have to figure that out later.

Ok so I just got my Pikachu coloured Pichu for both my copies of Platinum and Diamond which I've owned from new, however I have a second copy of Diamond that I acquired second-hand... I can't/shouldn't try to connect that extra copy to Nintendo WFC on my DSi I'm guessing due to the whole... "treat this Nintendo DS and card as a set" thing presuming the 2nd copy has been used online allready on another DS.

Ok so I just got my Pikachu coloured Pichu for both my copies of Platinum and Diamond which I've owned from new, however I have a second copy of Diamond that I acquired second-hand... I can't/shouldn't try to connect that extra copy to Nintendo WFC on my DSi I'm guessing due to the whole... "treat this Nintendo DS and card as a set" thing presuming the 2nd copy has been used online allready on another DS.

What? No that's not how it works... I intermingle my games and 3 DSs all the time. While friend codes are affected, Mystery Gift isn't

What? No that's not how it works... I intermingle my games and 3 DSs all the time. While friend codes are affected, Mystery Gift isn't

Aha! this is why I asked... I figured it might be ok being that Mystery Gift doesn't involve Friend Codes but I just wanted to be sure, I thought it was a partially dumb question when I asked it but hey, it still seemed better to enquire to be 100% sure, anyway Thanks Serebii. :)

Only DSi Enhanced and DSi Only games can support WPA. There's only like 12 of them. You're severely limitting yourself if you only buy them

You can always edit your wireless settings when you need to battle/trade...that's what I do

Well it really can't be that hard to make DSi games enhanced games to open up the feature...its not a case of me limiting myself...its a case of nintendo and other publishers not realising everyone doesn't want to use WEP that isn't secure...anyhow rant over.

I'm a couple of hours in now, just done the first gym. :hehe:

Been messing with the Pokéwalker some more too.

One thing I still can't seem to get the hang of on that though is how to doge in a battle, what kind of timing do you need? I've tried early, late, at the same time as the wild Pokémon attacks, but can't pull it off. ::shrug:

Also, anyone know if it's possible to find shiny Pokémon via the Pokéwalker?

Edited by RedShell

What do you mean? By hitting the right hand button on the Pokéwalker, you'll either dodge (and the wild Pokémon misses you) or you'll have a 'stare down' which is when both of you try to dodge. There's no timing involved anywhere.

What do you mean? By hitting the right hand button on the Pokéwalker, you'll either dodge (and the wild Pokémon misses you) or you'll have a 'stare down' which is when both of you try to dodge. There's no timing involved anywhere.
Oh right, I see what you're saying now. For some bizarre reason I thought the Pokéwalker battles were real time, not turn based like in the main game. :blush:

Silly me. :laughing:

Been doing some Pokéathlon...don't know how or why but it hurts my neck :p

Unlocked the last Johto Pokewalker course, having 2 walkers has its benefits! I'm still having to walk an estimated 500 miles though rather than 1000, but its enough! I have to do it for my other copy too once every things unlocked.

EDIT: Also realised HG/SS have the worst openings for any pokemon game.

Edited by Debug Mode

Woo! :grin:

I'm off to get this game this morning. None of this pre-ordering stuff. :p

Totally forgot it came out today!

Fortunately I got the Pichu event just in time! Thanks for the heads up Serebii. :)

Also realised HG/SS have the worst openings for any pokemon game.

How do you mean? The Pokemon intros have been virtually the same since the GBA games have they not? With the panning shots of the game world, epic theme, various Pokemon appearing and then finally the legendary + logo...

I fail to see how these can be any worse.

Seems the Dutch version has been delayed due to that save error we saw reports of

God the Pokewalkers actually amazing..

I concur, quick question though. Is the move learning system like the daycare centre, where it'll randomly delete a move to make way for the new one?

Just pimpsmacked Jasmine for the badge win. Current squad at the moment:

Noctowl,

Qwilava,

Hypno,

Kingler,

Sandslash.

All I need now is a sexy electric mon and the pr0ness shall be complete. But I haven't really met any, except Pikachu earlier on in the adventure. I would prefer something other than that, Ampharos and Jolteon, haven't used them in previous games. But if there isn't any other available...

Actually... It seems I've used all of the pr0 electric mon. Magnezone, Electivire, Lanturn etc...

I'm gonna have to go back to the old skool.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I concur, quick question though. Is the move learning system like the daycare centre, where it'll randomly delete a move to make way for the new one?

Just pimpsmacked Jasmine for the badge win. Current squad at the moment:

Noctowl,

Qwilava,

Hypno,

Kingler,

Sandslash.

All I need now is a sexy electric mon and the pr0ness shall be complete. But I haven't really met any, except Pikachu earlier on in the adventure. I would prefer something other than that, Ampharos and Jolteon, haven't used them in previous games. But if there isn't any other available...

Elekid from the Pokewalker, but you'll need to unlock the urban place for that.

I thought Lyra was being rude to me saying "Oh that's right, your mom!"

but I read it wrong. :grin:

I decided upon a Lulzadile to get the game going. It's so cheeky. :) It's so spaced out...

"Lulzadile is staring at the sky..."

:D

Yes I'm excited. :yay:

Am in Ecruteak, taking it slowly...plus have had work to do and am ill. Lames

Did do some Pokéathlon though, love it...except Pennant Capture

Seems the Dutch version has been delayed due to that save error we saw reports of

True, all copies have been recalled here. A bad time for Benelux DS fans. Pokémon recalled and still no Ace Attorney Investigations...

God, he'd have to reset the router today, now our DS's are connecting hours after the Notch eared Pichu event finished, how lame is that?

Preparing for my battle with the Elite 4 now.

True, all copies have been recalled here. A bad time for Benelux DS fans. Pokémon recalled and still no Ace Attorney Investigations...

Mine arrived just fine and had no problems saving the game up 'till now.

Hoping it stays that way:hehe::red:

Done Olivine gym and finally evolved my Magby & Elekid. They're grown up lol. Trying to decide whether or not I should evolve them again nowish or wait til Kanto

Had to restart the game three times. First I wanted a new nickname, then I wanted a new starter and then I discovered I couldn't save before the first file had been deleted...

Currently in Sprout Tower and my team only consist of Chikorita and Charmander at the moment. Thinking about adding Geodude on the team, or I will wait until I get an Onix.

Does anyone have an extra special Pichu they can trade me?