NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

OMG , how did you get a shiny snorlax? is it legit? how did breeding them make it shiny

how can i catch a snorlax in this game also

Egg hatching a shiny has the same percentage as encountering one. You can improve the chances 4 fold though if you breed the parent with a Pokemon from a foreign copy of the game, the best to use is a Ditto from a different language copy.

OMG , how did you get a shiny snorlax? is it legit? how did breeding them make it shiny

how can i catch a snorlax in this game also

I think there's just as much chance that a bred pokemon will be shiny as there is finding one in the wild. Not sure to be honest, just hatched the egg and there it was :heh:

trade :)?? im tryin to build a team of snorlax -_- and munchlax -_-, my team will be unbeatable i tell ya

i have some really high level legendarys and other hight level ones i could trade for the shiny?

Help me out here guys, do I get SoulSilver or HeartGold? I got Silver back in Gen. II, and kinda want to continue with it.

My future team:

dpmfa059.pngdpmfa009.pngdpmfa094.pngdpmfa036.pngdpmfa248.pngdpmfa076.png

Only 3 hours in so far.:p around 16 caught and 1 gym badge.

Edited by Pyxis

Given up catching Ho-Oh after several failed attempts. Just wung my Master Ball at it

Given up catching Ho-Oh after several failed attempts. Just wung my Master Ball at it

Why didn't you save it for the legendary dogs? It's going to be a pain in the butt chasing those around forever. I saved mine last time for my encounter with Entei.

Help me out here guys, do I get SoulSilver or HeartGold? I got Silver back in Gen. II, and kinda want to continue with it.

I think you should pick HeartGold.

I picked Gold back then and HeartGold this time. Now I wish picked SilverSoul instead just because it would be tiny tiny different.

I have a few Master Balls from the lottery on my Platinum game which I can send over

Plus with Fast Balls around, the roamers are easier to catch

I have two master balls I traded over from Diamond and one I will get later in HeartGold, but for once I'm going to try to catch them all without using any.

Yeah I traded over my masterballs from Leaf Green, Fire Red, Diamond and Platinum. For shinies. Havn't needed to use them yet. :(

trade :)?? im tryin to build a team of snorlax -_- and munchlax -_-, my team will be unbeatable i tell ya

i have some really high level legendarys and other hight level ones i could trade for the shiny?

Not a chance, it's my only shiny, plus it's a Snorlax, so awesome! :heh:

Got to Lance's last Pokémon in the E4 with only one Pokémon remaining myself

He got a critical hit

I cried

Got to Lance's last Pokémon in the E4 with only one Pokémon remaining myself

He got a critical hit

I cried

Damn... that's just bad luck :( at least you'll get him next time though.

The one thing I hate from this level curve is the grinding I now have to do. If you use over 2 Pokémon, you have to grind

If the wild Pokémon in this game were of a higher level, I really wouldnt mind...but yeesh

I'm finding that. Just at the fourth gym and my pokémon are around the early 20s. :hmm: Just seems so low for half way into the gyms.

Loving the Pokéwalker, just really got to grips with it today. Admittedly I'd toyed around yesterday and got a Pidgey and Nidoran male but today I've taken it on a two lengthy walks. Managed to catch myself two Kangaskhan's which is awesome because I know previous games how annoying they were to catch.

Just trying to get a Magby now, I had to take my Wooper out and then back in because I kept getting Onix.

Edited by Ramar

I'm finding that. Just at the fourth gym and my pokémon are around the early 20s. :hmm: Just seems so low for half way into the gyms.

Loving the Pokéwalker, just really got to grips with it today. Admittedly I'd toyed around yesterday and got a Pidgey and Nidoran male but today I've taken it on a two lengthy walks. Managed to catch myself two Kangaskhan's which is awesome because I know previous games how annoying they were to catch.

Just trying to get a Magby now, I had to take my Wooper out and then back in because I kept getting Onix.

I had one point on Pokéwalker where no matter how many times I removed and put it back in, I kept getting the same three Pokémon. It was horrible :(

I had one point on Pokéwalker where no matter how many times I removed and put it back in, I kept getting the same three Pokémon. It was horrible :(

Think I'm on one of those runs, just got another Onix time for a switcheroo.

Starmie is my saviour against the E4

Its Psychic can take out Koga and Bruno

Its Surf can take out Bruno and a couple of Lance & Karen's

Its Ice Beam can destroy Lance

Scratch that, the computer haxed me again and gave Aerodactyl a critical hit

Finally beat Lance, but he kept using Full Restore on Charizard after every Surf from Starmie. Did that like three times, was worried I'd run out of Surfs

What's that, Serebii? You found the Elite 4 a bit tricky? Like you mocked me for doing last week? ;)

I spent about two hours trying to catch Articuno last night - I can't remember a legendary ever taking me that long, except perhaps the ones with recovery moves.

I hate how trade evos result in a loss of Happiness. Going to have to massage the crap out of my Electabuzz and Magmar now :(

What's that, Serebii? You found the Elite 4 a bit tricky? Like you mocked me for doing last week? ;)

I spent about two hours trying to catch Articuno last night - I can't remember a legendary ever taking me that long, except perhaps the ones with recovery moves.

I admit, I was wrong. I forgot how terrible this game was at giving you Pokémon to level grind against

I forgot how terrible this game was at giving you Pokémon to level grind against

It's even worse when you get to Kanto..

Anyway, as everyone else has been doing it, here's my current team:

143.png154.png130.png26.png6.png376.png

My current team is a Cyndaquil, Pidgey and Spearow. Only played for about 90 mins on the train :heh:

I think I may do what Serebii said and try and raise Pokemon I don't usually, so may go with Spearow. Although I do love the Pidgey line...