NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

They've either changed a lot or I'd forgotten so much. I swear chasing the Farfecth'd was simpler, the gyms inside have changed and few more simple things I can't think off the top of my head.

Though in fair, I loved playing Gold so much I couldn't bring myself to delete my save file so I only played the story the once.

Just been playing the "non-gambling" Voltorb Flip. :rolleyes:

Not really digging it at the moment (I loved those slot machines :hehe:), hopefully it'll grow on me though.

Traded over a few of my Pokémon from Diamond today too, think I'm going to try and keep my tradition of catching everything in the standard Pokéballs in this version too. :cool: Well, might make an exception if I come across any shiny's. :grin:

They've either changed a lot or I'd forgotten so much. I swear chasing the Farfecth'd was simpler, the gyms inside have changed and few more simple things I can't think off the top of my head.

Though in fair, I loved playing Gold so much I couldn't bring myself to delete my save file so I only played the story the once.

They have updated those things. In the originals, you only needed to get 1 Farfetch'd and there were no branches and the gyms are totally different

Stupid question, does it matter when I trade-evolve Onix stat-wise?

No. it's a common myth that evolution affects stat growth. In actuality, it doesn't touch it at all. Evolutions usually have higher stats yes but if you have two identical Pidgey and give them the same EVs and evolve one at Level 18 and one at Level 54, they'll have the same stats at Level 54 as Pidgeotto

Stupid question, does it matter when I trade-evolve Onix stat-wise?

No. it's a common myth that evolution affects stat growth. In actuality, it doesn't touch it at all. Evolutions usually have higher stats yes but if you have two identical Pidgey and give them the same EVs and evolve one at Level 18 and one at Level 54, they'll have the same stats at Level 54 as Pidgeotto

The only usual drawbacks of early evolution are pretty much this:

Levelling early =

Advantage: Early access to increased stats

Disadvantage: Many moves require more levelling to access

Levelling late =

Advantage: Early Access to moves that may require further levelling

Disadvantage: Stick with lower stats for the time being.

The thing about this game is the curve...I'm at Pryce now, and my team has only just got over Level 30

The thing about this game is the curve...I'm at Pryce now, and my team has only just got over Level 30

Christ, I shouldn't be surprised by this progression.. but I've had it since last Friday and I'm at the Elite Four right now..

At the moment it's

Meganium

Electabuzz

Magmar

Murkrow

Staryu

Still trying to work out who to have for a sixth

At the moment it's

Meganium

Electabuzz

Magmar

Murkrow

Staryu

Still trying to work out who to have for a sixth

The answer is and will always be

scizor.png

160.png

162.png

181.png

163.png

126.png

185.png

I really need to start training my Hoothoot, its only level 16, while my others are all around level 30. Saying that, when do you get the exp share?

Typhlosion

Ampharos

Pidgeot (Every fucking time..)

Dragonair

Gengar

Hitmonlee

Fuck yeahhh

I really need to start training my Hoothoot, its only level 16, while my others are all around level 30. Saying that, when do you get the exp share?

Trade the Red Scale to Mr.Pokemon after you obtain it after the Red Gyarados battle.

Edited by Debug Mode
Automerged Doublepost

4.png152.png95.png

EDIT: Pokedex complete!

I must say awfully little happened...Anyway, I know it's just a game, but I'm a bit proud^^' Not many can say they have catched every Pokemon out there.

Thanks a lot to Ike to give me the Arceus. Think you traded another rare Pokemon to me as well, Mew or Shaymin I think. Also thank you to some other members who I can't remember. Most of the ones I didn't catch myself I have gotten, very often not requesting anything in return, from members here at N-Europe.

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

I've never trained a Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite. Definitely gonna do that this time. I think I'll trade over from one of the others. Also changed my team slightly (ditched Bitchdgey for Hoot Hoot) and Butterfree doesn't fit in with my plans. (and don't like to uber up on fliers)

156.png163.png180.png

My team at the moment is:

158.png77.png163.png46.png161.png

:grin: I will be switching things up later on once I can trade over my Nosepass! :)

Mines waiting for me at the sorting office....stupid pokewalker!!

Looking forward to it, though I'm such a newb I think I'm going to struggle...you guys are all pokenerds!!!

I've never trained a Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite. Definitely gonna do that this time. I think I'll trade over from one of the others.

I love Dragonites. They happen to be my favourite in game creatures (Charizard being my ultimate fav) I have at least 7 lvl 100 back on my Gold cart.

Picked this up yesterday. Didn't have any intention of getting it but my mate at work was talking about it and I thought sod it, I'll pick it up.

Didn't really touch it though last night - I got my Cyndaquil but haven't even had one battle yet.

I've never trained a Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite. Definitely gonna do that this time. I think I'll trade over from one of the others.

All I did was do that voltorb game over and over again, and finally got enough to buy Dratini :D