NEurope
Choze

Other Consoles@E3. Thread of Hype & Disappointment.

I don't know what you two are on about.

I'm guessing the Bethesda game is the new one for the Wii? Man, I haven't been excited for a Wii game for a looong time (never).

From 1up:

Sony has been quite the leaky ship, to say the least. Nevertheless, it's managed to keep what our source calls a "MEGATON ANNOUNCEMENT[" (yes, they used all caps) under wraps to this point, something that's apparently so big that Sony personnel have been "agog" since hearing about it.

We've done our best to get more details, but all we've gotten is a, "Let's just say that Sony has been such a leaky ship that the fact that they've managed to keep this hidden blows my mind," type of response.

Fallout 4 exclusive to PS3 confirmed!

Nah, what would make Sony personnel ''agog''?

A merger with Nintendo? A big severence package? The Penguin, playable only on the PS3 version of Arkham Asylum? ::shrug:

The PS3 has finally stopped losing them money?

:bowdown: Now that would be a megaton announcement. :D

I hate all this talk of a MEGATON announcement....its all bullshit. It just equals to hype and then disappointment i.e the name of the thread!

Apparently SquEx are announcing a PS3/PC MMO called Rapture.

MMO on consoles should be interesting. We have two on PS3 in Asia. But no Worldwide ones.

The PS3 has finally stopped losing them money?

From -$500mln past year. I wish :p

Good list, though I could wait another couple of years for the next Zelda, let them get some time between this one and the brilliant yet slightly stale Twilight Princess.

In response to Caris ^, good, Bungie have been tied down with that generic and uninspiring series for almost a decade now, let them spread their wings, try something new. They're sure competent enough.

Still looking forward to the new Splinter Cell the most though.

a top ten doesnt cover anything at e3.

Need top 50.

Question: If Valve were to show something new at E3, which they most probably will do, when would it be shown?

Nah, what would make Sony personnel ''agog''? A merger with Nintendo? A big severence package? The Penguin, playable only on the PS3 version of Arkham Asylum? ::shrug:

Modern Warfare 2 = PS3 exclusive. Hence the dropping of the "Call of Duty" title, it's a PS3-only spin-off series.

Of course, just my guess, but that would make many "agog".

Question: If Valve were to show something new at E3, which they most probably will do, when would it be shown?

Show floor. Keep an eye on them. Team Fortress is being overhauled and the vids are great for it. But expect Episode 3 stuff.

There's a rumour going round of a Left 4 Dead sequel being revealed possibly entitled 'Left 2 die'. Featuring 4 new characters in 4 new scenarios but in the same locations as the originals. 1 new special infected possibly and more guns and melee weapons (chainsaw, axe). Sounds pretty credible to me considering they were asking what people wanted for a Left 4 dead sequel not long ago. I would've rather had some new DLC though. I guess we'll see. Even though it's essentially the same game i'd still buy it.

I hope the "same locations" part is wrong. Unless it means "elsewhere in the same city/countryside".

Ha! I like 'Left 2 Die'. I hope this comes to the PS3 so we can actually have user mods.

The 'Left 2 Die' rumour does seem to carry some weight but I don't know if it'd be a completely new release or made available as a form of DLC. If that is the case, then it'd probably be PC only seeing as Valve don't seem to be able to put out the DLC for their 360 counterparts (although they have managed so far with L4D on the 360 so I could be wrong). And if the rumours are true, then this will be set in 4 new areas completely away from those in L4D.

I'm not going to say it's a shoe-in that HL2: Episode 3 will be shown but given the timescale of the game and the release of the other episodes, I'd say E3 2009 is probably the ripe time for it to be unveiled. There were rumours that it'd be released for the end of this year so I'd say it's a high possibility of being shown.

I hope the "same locations" part is wrong. Unless it means "elsewhere in the same city/countryside".

I don't think it means the same levels but say like the same town, or somewhere else in the airport? I would've preferred entirely new places myself but we'll see how it turns out. It runs along the same timeline as the original, be cool if you saw the other team escaping or intersected with them.

Sony Ericsson are now using Remote Play in their new phones. Works like PSP. I forget the names but Satio has a 12 megapixel camera and uses a brand new multimedia chipset not used before.

34pl5a9.jpg

Aino_2.jpg

They are also DLNA certified if you want to stream your content wirelessly from a media server on your phone. DLNA is still a rare feature as i painfully found out.

High End Bravias are also allowing PSN access to stuff like Life@Playstation and the store.

Show floor. Keep an eye on them. Team Fortress is being overhauled and the vids are great for it. But expect Episode 3 stuff.

Unless Microsoft snap it up as console exclusive which I think is highly likely and it might appear on their presentation..

There's a rumour going round of a Left 4 Dead sequel being revealed possibly entitled 'Left 2 die'. Featuring 4 new characters in 4 new scenarios but in the same locations as the originals. 1 new special infected possibly and more guns and melee weapons (chainsaw, axe). Sounds pretty credible to me considering they were asking what people wanted for a Left 4 dead sequel not long ago. I would've rather had some new DLC though. I guess we'll see. Even though it's essentially the same game i'd still buy it.

I can't imagine them reeling out a sequel so soon its just not Valve's style...unless its a quick fix sequel they have cobbled together which it sounds like with the same locations. Surely though that lends itself better to DLC?!

I can't imagine them reeling out a sequel so soon its just not Valve's style...unless its a quick fix sequel they have cobbled together which it sounds like with the same locations. Surely though that lends itself better to DLC?!

Well that's what I thought but just look at the CoD series. Plus a revealing doesn't necessarily mean it'll even be out this year. Am I right in saying it's not technically Valve who make L4D? I thought it was some independent developer.

They've said they're working on a proper follow-up to Counter-Strike; I'd love to see some of that.