NEurope
Choze

Other Consoles@E3. Thread of Hype & Disappointment.

I can't imagine them reeling out a sequel so soon its just not Valve's style...unless its a quick fix sequel they have cobbled together which it sounds like with the same locations. Surely though that lends itself better to DLC?!

Same here, it's way too soon for Valve to unleash a L4D sequel, I'd expect Episode 3 first tbh. I can see them announcing new DLC for L4D though, but I reckon (and hope that) Episode 3 will take priority for Valve at E3 this year.

Well that's what I thought but just look at the CoD series. Plus a revealing doesn't necessarily mean it'll even be out this year. Am I right in saying it's not technically Valve who make L4D? I thought it was some independent developer.

True, but it still doesn't feel right for Valve, they tend to not milk thier franchises. Also, I think TurtleRock Studios originally developed L4D (but don't quote me on that), and Valve bought the studio.

I don't think Turtle Rock made L4D. I thought the last game they were developing before Valve bought them was Condition Zero?

E3 predicted by a real life psychic

Entertaining and even creepy in some places. Itll be interesting to see how accurate her pendulum and tarot cards were after the show. An exerpt:

SilverDragon1979 asks: Will Nintendo announce a new Star Fox game?

The pendulum responds: Yes.

Wii it have online multiplayer support?

The pendulum responds: No.

Seems legit to me!

I don't think Turtle Rock made L4D. I thought the last game they were developing before Valve bought them was Condition Zero?

After a bit of quick research, it looks like it was Turtle Rock making L4D after all. Here's a report from back in the day when Valve bought them: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Valve-Acquires-Turtle-Rock-Studios-75954.shtml

E3 predicted by a real life psychic

Entertaining and even creepy in some places. Itll be interesting to see how accurate her pendulum and tarot cards were after the show. An exerpt:

seems legit to me!

Lol, that is pretty creepy. If half that stuff comes true then E3 will be awesome! I can see the revealing of the new XBox and Microsoft failing around Christmas being linked too.

EDIT:

CelicaCrazed asks: Will a new 2D Sonic game for PSN/Xbox Live/WiiWare be announced?

The pendulum responds: Yes.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: (That'll make me very happy if true!!)

Edited by CoolFunkMan

Must be some weight behind the whole Slim PS3 thing though as Kotaku were kit up with a cease and desist order by a law firm over the images they posted of it. That kind of action wouldn't be taken, surely, if there wasn't something true behind it.

I honestly don't expect them to show one at E3 but there must be something brewing behind the scenes on that front.

The story at Kotaku last night ( and other places ) was that it won't be shown at E3 but at TGS. They say Sony will wait til the original PS3 supplies dry up and then get this new one on the shelf along with a price cut all ready for the holiday season.

or: Sony have a brand image to protect and don't want cheap knock offs damaging their product.

it's not all a conspiracy.

Its the same letter/email in the article i posted. Kotaku arent exactly shining knights of armour when it comes to integrity.

The latest PS3 chipset suggests they still have a long way to go for shrinkage. At least a year if pressed. Its much more likely MS will reveal a redesign this year than Sony.

I don't see how it makes sense to pile money into R & D for a slim PS3 when the current model is still losing money, how about they make that profitable first, by cheaper chipsets etc... different manufacturers (something they've kinda done recently but cutting how many they use) It was a lot further in the PS1 and PS2 lifespans before we saw their upgrades...It just seems like madness.

The latest PS3 chipset suggests they still have a long way to go for shrinkage. At least a year if pressed. Its much more likely MS will reveal a redesign this year than Sony.

Agreed, the economics aren't there for Sony. Microsoft on the other hand I could see coming out with a smaller, prettier and less intimidating console in the vain of the Wii with camera built in, in the hope of sucking up a bit of the new market.

article today regarding Sony wanting to get PS3 break even and then profitable. I think they will play the high end device card as long as they can. Interestingly this pretty much confirms PSN will hit other devices like Bravia.

Which personally I think is a great way of hitting the lower end of the market...although only including it high spec Bravia TVs will kind of negate this effect. But I guess having download enabled TV doesn't shout out budget TV does it?! If it was in a number of TVs it would be a great way of penetrating the lounge for those who can't afford the high end PS3.

Which personally I think is a great way of hitting the lower end of the market...although only including it high spec Bravia TVs will kind of negate this effect. But I guess having download enabled TV doesn't shout out budget TV does it?! If it was in a number of TVs it would be a great way of penetrating the lounge for those who can't afford the high end PS3.

PS3 is dirt cheap for what it is. Its sold at a significant loss.

pspgo4.jpg

psp1.jpg

Crappy mobile phone camera plus some crap tv that exhibits alot of colour banding.

PSP Go.

Its legit. Got leaked via early Qore download. Sony pretty much have leaked all their stuff this e3.

It basically looks like a PSP without the DPad and buttons. The slider has that stuff.

Likely much more energy efficient.

Looks like it has built in and expandable memory. :)

wlbrr8.jpg

Edited by Choze

Choze why od you insist this stuff is some little game of playground one up-manship? New PSP- cool! if someone owns a DS it doesn't make a new PSP their sworn enemy!

I think the black one looks pretty nice. More information needed.

All the pics show only one colour, black ;)

The box pic is just more normal for a bad pic.

2399986--1.jpg

Doesn't look black to me, unless that's just reflection. It looks awful in this picture.

2399986--1.jpg

Doesn't look black to me, unless that's just reflection. It looks awful in this picture.

Its black and the skin on the hand is normal skin :p its just the picture is so bad. Combination of bad camera, bad TV and super loq quality photoshop. Probably for max hits for the website without eating bandwidth.

The PSP Go video info -

3.8" smaller screen than previous version

43% lighter than previous version

16 Gig memory

Bluetooth support

No UMD

Downloads games and movies

Gran Turismo and new Metal Gear Solid PSP confirmed.