NEurope
Choze

Other Consoles@E3. Thread of Hype & Disappointment.

I dont expect much.

Keep an eye on the Ps blog. I will try home apparently they will unlock new areas. I am guessing home will get plenty of time.

Now lets see what Sony can do - Microsoft had the best conference so far but I've got a good feeling about Sony's.

Yup, im really looking forward to it. Aslong as they do a Microsoft and just get to the games then it should be great.

I thought MS were weak for the games. Exclusives anyway.

Does anyone know if that PS3 pet thing will be shown again? That thing was freaking adorable and would like to see how far the game has come.

Yeah, that should come up. I really want to see it. (Integrated into HOME please!!!! :D)

Alright then, Sony up to bat. With the disappointment of Nintendo's conference behind us Sony, have a rather impressive Microsoft conference to do battle with. Here's hoping for some Trico.

I really didn't think MS was that good. It was a solid showing but not really electric. Not that Sony's will be.

I really didn't think MS was that good. It was a solid showing but not really electric. Not that Sony's will be.

It's less that the MS Conference was outstanding and more that I don't think Sony have that many exciting games to show off (to my personal taste).

Does anyone know if that PS3 pet thing will be shown again? That thing was freaking adorable and would like to see how far the game has come.

That was at GC. Kinda like Natal lol.

It's less that the MS Conference was outstanding and more that I don't think Sony have that many exciting games to show off (to my personal taste).

I thought MS were all over the place. Important stuff like Halo ODST underwhelmed.

I just expect some good game footage and also information on what the PSP Go really is. If they show Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 I think people that have shyed away from PS3 will understand why it's good.

Fair enough. I'm a bit wary of Crackdown 2 with that monster thing at the end. I played the first one to death, but mutant things...not really keen. Not that'll stop me from buying it. :heh:

Also, I really didn't expect Alan Wake to be that action packed. I was hoping for a slower paced puzzle mystery thing. It look good though.

I liked the idea of the Alan Wake game being a mystery sort of game, and I was excited about just seeing the man running with a torch and searching a dark village. Then suddenly he pulled a rifle from his arse and started shooting.

That was the disappointment, but it looks good in a different way now.

So Sony pulled it out of the bag to be fair and produced a dazzling conference. Conference wise, certainly the best. Games wise, MS conference delivered for me - but that's just personal affinities to certain franchises. The PS3 is certainly coming along, and coming into it's own it seems this year and the next.

Anyone annoyed there was nothing about the XBLA South Park game?

Anyone annoyed there was nothing about the XBLA South Park game?

I'm a little annoyed that XBLA,WiiWare were barely touched upon.

Well Sony fully blew my expectations. I just downloaded the GT5 trailer in HD. Just insane! Absolutely insane. Need more Hd trailers of the rest!

Whats great is 90% of these games are bound to be great. Sony just did a great job all round.

Best e3 conference ever? Yep.

So my thinking is that the heavily rumoured PS3 Slim (with it's credability attained in the PSP Go! box shots) will be released at a slightly lower price with these new controls bundled in? That's make a lot of sense in terms of marketing, capturing those in the core crowd and appealing to the casual crowd. Maybe?

Yeah you could be right. I don't want to sound like a Sony rep but that conference was just incredible. They got a good guy to present it as well.

Yeah you could be right. I don't want to sound like a Sony rep but that conference was just incredible. They got a good guy to present it as well.

I concur!

:yay:

Yeah the presenting was down to earth. They werent using dumb hyperbole. In the MS conference the exclusive talk was akin to smack talk...

So my thinking is that the heavily rumoured PS3 Slim (with it's credability attained in the PSP Go! box shots) will be released at a slightly lower price with these new controls bundled in? That's make a lot of sense in terms of marketing, capturing those in the core crowd and appealing to the casual crowd. Maybe?

No the PS3 slim just wasnt credible at all sadly. They are far away fromt hats ize with thier main chipset. Maybe when they get to one piece and not a L shape they could do it? :)

Hum... well, maybe if that PS3 slim isn't real, I'm sure a PS3 will come, based on Sony's past. Dropping it at the same time as the motion controls would work really well. Plus they didn't announce a price drop, which would support the arguement for the PS3 slim coming soon and waiting on exsisting stock to go. Or maybe just a price drop around the time the motion controls hit on the current console.

Either way I'm buying a PS3 soon. MAAAAAAAG!

Hum... well, maybe if that PS3 slim isn't real, I'm sure a PS3 will come, based on Sony's past. Dropping it at the same time as the motion controls would work really well. Plus they didn't announce a price drop, which would support the arguement for the PS3 slim coming soon and waiting on exsisting stock to go. Or maybe just a price drop around the time the motion controls hit on the current console.

Either way I'm buying a PS3 soon. MAAAAAAAG!

Defo i think next e3. they need more time to shrink it. Resigning it would only put them more into the red.

Mods hurry up with approving the PS3 game threads. discussion is spilling over elsewhere.

It was ok, no really big exclusives announced though (FFXIV is on PC and an MMO :/). The Last Guardian will be an incredible experience though I'm sure, and an exclusive from Rockstar is always a good thing - I doubt we'll see that any time soon though if they didn't even have more then a title for the thing lol.

Motion controls, well, I like that they're trying to apply them to traditional games, as oppose to limited minigame type applications. Didn't seem like Sony knew what to do with the tech themselves though :/. Could get some really cool stuff to work with it on PSN.

Overall, it was ok. E3 still got a while to go with plenty of big announcements, expecting to see alot of cooler PSN games.